Kid goes home with a sign stapled to his shirt - teacher is transferred and father is furious

webfact

9 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

The parents should be blamed, as the semester is open already for 2,5 months and still the kid can't wear the suit as the school wants... Probably the teacher mentioned it many times already and was now sick of it and did it this way.. Why punish the teacher??? If you never was a teacher at a school you don't know how stubborn students and parents are.. teach the kids of today because they are the parents of tomorrow.... and stop please to tell that the students are good.. No... the most teachers are good but the students know that they have the power because the are always protected

Irrespective of who is right or wrong, certain people in certain professions must always act professionally

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

In a country where everyone has a mobile phone or three, couldn’t the teacher have called or messaged (by text not Line) the parent?

What’s wrong with a note ? How on earth did we survive without phones ? For all these Thai teachers , what are they doing, these kids ate still not educated to a good standard when leaving school !! A teacher doing something like this in the west would be sacked.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

I'm pretty sure the parent doesn't care about the embarrassment of the child and only cares that it embarrassed him, as he was the only parent who was considered so unreliable that the only way they could be sure of contacting him was by literally pinning a note to the front of his child.

I'm pretty sure you're right about the parent, who apparently isn't abreast of the school requirements. However, a teacher who can't come up with a better solution than that shouldn't be in front of a class.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

Senseless bleating from sheeple. A good idea in my opinion after I found it was stap[led to his clothing, not to his flesh. How about saving the constant complaining for real issues.

Some people might feel the casual, public dehumanisation  and humiliation of a child might be a real issue or symptomatic of  real issue one of which is the disrespect  for children's rights and the ignoring their feelings.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The purpose was to teach the kid to wear the correct uniform 

The child has no control over what he wears. It's his parents' responsibility. In this instance  the child was  the subject of abuse and publicly shamed. It was a private matter that could and should have dealt with using a sealed envelope, email or telephone. The teacher in question will be warned no doubt and hopefully  not do it again. Perhaps  she should be forced  to walk round with a label on her

Edited by The Hammer2021
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, leither69 said:

Obviously you missed a bit of school yourself judging by the lack of comprehensive English!! Over and above that, your comment is nonsense.

If memory serves, I believe that this chap has in fact worked as a Native (!) English Speaking Teacher.

12 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Follow the school rules and there is no problem..... but some people just want to do as they want and if there is a problem they shout just like you.....cut their hair if the school say so, wear the correct uniform how difficult can it be

I hope you don't have kids, but thanks for the laugh. Are you a 'teacher' perchance? And, in, if you're country let's say, you could not afford the cost of several uniforms, or your son misinterpreted what the teacher said and said teacher stapled a degrading sign to your son's chest in front of EVERYBODY for whatever trivial reason, that you would be cool with that?

Wind your neck in, my friend. If you are a teacher, you should be ashamed of yourself. Quite pathetic and sad really. 

Edited by daveAustin
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that the teacher had good intentions and was concerned that the child would not dress up like friends if the parents had not been informed. The teacher was worried that the child would be left out.

The sign had called for the children to wear Thai dress or other options.

The teacher said that a note inside the kid's bag may not be read so they stapled the A4 sheet on the child's shirt.

If its so important to the teacher, he can wait after school and speak with the parent when they pick him up.

This highlights how the priorities in (some) Thai’s schools are upside down and inside out.

In my Son’s school (Int’l school), if they turn up in the wrong uniform or kit etc its no big deal at all. 

The uniform is not overly strict etc..  and the children’s education is clearly the #1 priority. 

4 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

The note was to the parents asking them to ensure that the student wore a particular style of dress on a particular day.  The purpose was not educate the child.

So the child is in essence a "carrier pigeon"? Hope he/she got an extra helping of seeds for tea!  

39 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I had a message from a Teacher stating that a five year old had the wrong uniform on at school , I just went to the school with the right uniform and changed it there and then in the morning break

Right uniforms/ wrong uniforms? Some of these kids' parents are probably finding it hard enough to pay to put their kids through school as it is without having the additional expense of extra uniforms. 

46 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

If its so important to the teacher, he can wait after school and speak with the parent when they pick him up.

This highlights how the priorities in (some) Thai’s schools are upside down and inside out.

In my Son’s school (Int’l school), if they turn up in the wrong uniform or kit etc its no big deal at all. 

The uniform is not overly strict etc..  and the children’s education is clearly the #1 priority. 

And that's how it should be!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sambum said:

Right uniforms/ wrong uniforms? Some of these kids' parents are probably finding it hard enough to pay to put their kids through school as it is without having the additional expense of extra uniforms. 

I think that the reasoning behind it is that the kids need to have a clean uniform everyday , as some would be inclined to wear the same uniform everyday for the week and it would become a bit dirty on Friday 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, natway09 said:

I do not think it is that bad an action to warrant removing the teacher.

Maybe the kid has forgotten countless other messages that should have got home

You think stapling a sign to a child's clothing is ‘not that bad’ ???... 

Its a far cry from doing the reasonable thing and speaking directly with the parents. 

Teachers are supposed to be guiding and moulding the children, not embarrassing and frightening them.

If this teacher things this behaviour is acceptable, then what else, cutting the Childs hair (as we’ve seen plenty of times before), beating them etc ???

This teacher is a ‘wrong un’ with no sense of what is an isn’t acceptable - its best he is kept away from children. 

How hard was it to wait until the end of the day and speak with the parents ???? the teacher is a lazy bully. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I think that the reasoning behind it is that the kids need to have a clean uniform everyday , as some would be inclined to wear the same uniform everyday for the week and it would become a bit dirty on Friday 

By the end of the year my son’s uniform is filthy !!!....  

Why the school uses white shirts is beyond me... but it has marker pen, paint stains etc... 

The vast majority of kids are the same.

Its a top tier international school - they are just not bothered about the pathetic small stuff. 

A school uniform keeps things simple so kids are not fighting with ‘one-up-manship’ over the latest brand etc....   they’re not meant to be worn with military perfection and discipline...  the ideology over school uniforms in Thai government schools seems wrong if children are being punished like this for an innocent and harmless mistake. 

59 minutes ago, runamok27 said:

From the little details in the article it seems the parents were actually to blame for the whole fiasco. Too bad the poor kid has morons for parents.

You would need to hear the Parents side first , before you label them as being morons 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, runamok27 said:

From the little details in the article it seems the parents were actually to blame for the whole fiasco. Too bad the poor kid has morons for parents.

Seems there were some attempts to contact the parents, but lets be realistic, a very large % of the population in this country people don't read newspapers, or online news reports, fact of life.

All sorts or reasons for this, just one is that people don't trust these sources and with good reason.

Bottom line, it was inappropriate for the teacher to do this. 

And, if this one kid didn't turn up without the special (one time only) clothes (which weren't as per a totally specific design), is it the end of the world? NO. 

Teacher says he/she didn't want the kid to be the only one without the special clothes. I don't buy that, I'm aware that at the school my three grandkids attend (kinder, P and M) all buildings close by  in one compound there are kids every day who aren't wearing the fully designated standard uniform for that day. 

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1