Alcohol

Google "how to fight boredom in retirement" is a good start to find inspiration or drink more as a result of boredom.

I found my semi retirement boring, and created a daily routine I have to do when home 6 days a week. 

Buy a plot of land and do something with it, and make home made wine 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sparktrader said:

1st good idea. 

I might add that other people will be substantially safer if you cycle to the pub instead of driving there, though they will still feel free to criticise you roundly for it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Poot thai nit noi

I used to rely on "poot thai mi dai", in strong bar girl tones, to make it sound as if I understood a lot more than I was letting on.  I have no idea what it means.

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Learn a language, Thai would probably be the best.

I can't think of a more useless language.

Who you gonna have a sensible conversation with?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Dai means ok

Mai dai not ok

i think dai also means possible...i am no expert but that is what one of my exes told me...my thai dictionary says dai means....can or be able to....

Ah the English fake it spelling. Dealing with tonal language. Depending on inflection and who your talking to, “Do you speak Thai (well)”, or “You speak Thai for craaap”, or “Can you understand a single word I’m saying you stupid bastid?”

Edited by Bobbie Davies
Clarity
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bobbie Davies said:

Ah the English fake it spelling. Dealing with tonal language. Depending on inflection and who your talking to, “Do you speak Thai (well)”, or “You speak Thai for <deleted>”, or “Can you understand a single word I’m saying you stupid bastid?”

You sexy man

I get that a lot

33 minutes ago, YorkshireTyke said:

Can you expand on that please?  I would love to have a try.

When Im back I will start with my wine making chamber and give it a try. 

This Channel have a basic recipe with links to what you need in the description. Search for other fruits as well you can get. We will try mulberries as well, and also a banana mix. 

• Like 1

I'll try and avoid suggestions that have already been made. Sorry if I accidentally repeat somebody else's suggestions;

Write a book, read a book, learn website or software development, take up surfing, windsurfing, parasailing, paragliding, paramotoer, skydiving, start a small lifestyle business, buy and sell online, smoke weed, learn a craft, study a topic that's always been of interest to you, learn how to play a musical instrument, learn how to cook or improve your cooking skills, build something, design something, become a food critic, become an activist for a cause you strongly believe in, volunteer to help others less fortunate than yourself, find religion, debunk religion, go for a swim, take up snorkeling, take up diving, take up smoking, give up smoking.

That's about all I can think of from the top of my head.

• Like 2