Truss surges ahead, wins key backers in U.K. leadership race for prime minister

onthedarkside

19 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Nobody is trying to convince you of anything, you are already far too gone on your ‘blue/red/green/yellow team’ simplistic nonsense to be convinced of anything.

However all is not lost.

You’ve made a number of categorical statements that we can all come back to in the months ahead.

So looking forward to that…

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Nobody is trying to convince you of anything, you are already far too gone on your ‘blue/red/green/yellow team’ simplistic nonsense to be convinced of anything.

However all is not lost.

You’ve made a number of categorical statements that we can all come back to in the months ahead.

Absolutely, that's what the lefty's do, there is nothing for them to brag about....????

4 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Stop rambling and get on topic. 

Liz or Rishi, who do you reckon will be the winner, without going into a rambling lefty saga......?           ????

Now you have the choice of two, so not too difficult...????

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, transam said:

Liz or Rishi, who do you reckon will be the winner, without going into a rambling lefty saga......?           ????

Nobody has a choice, unless they are paid up members of the Tory Party.

I thought you understood that?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Excel said:

Unfortunately this thread was ruined by the very point you make and it appears deflection is tolerated for some and not for others, almost like sponsored click bait.  At least we seem to have got read of the childish deliberate name misspelling which at least is one step in the right direction. As I  have said before it is a shame that this thread has been trolled so much and I hope from here on in, which is about Liz Truss and Rishi Sunak,  becomes more interesting as we near the 5th of September declaration of the winner deadline and perhaps after also.  Although afterwards it would perhaps be prudent for a new thread to start, perhaps based on the actions that Liz Truss/Rishi Sunak have promised during their campaigns but will actually implement.

Folk trashing the Tory Party instead of sticking to the thread heading caused the wandering, of which you are one.

Lefty stuff......????

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, transam said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/aug/23/liz-truss-refuses-to-commit-to-appointing-ethics-adviser?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

#votetruss- nothing to see here, especially policy wise. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

As I have observed earlier, within three weeks of the PM selection being settled the ‘energy cap’ is being hiked again, and just as temperatures drop and the heating needs to be turned on/up.

There’s already growing support for industrial action, and if people have to choose between ‘heating and eating’ then civil unrest cannot be ruled out.

12 years in Government and nobody in Government, least of all the two candidates  has any sensible proposals to deal with the problems people are facing.

Whichever candidate wins the PM post, they’ll have a matter of weeks to show they know what they are doing.

Now look at the disconnected fairytale nonsense coming from the front runner.

Seeing as the Blue MP's came to their conclusion that Liz & Rishi were their choice, not a lefty's choice, it is clear that one will get the job.

The lefty's here are continuously trashing Liz, so can we hear your views on Rishi, and why he is not receiving any flack....?

(If you can.)  ????

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Unless he’s a paid up member of the Tory Party he doesn’t have a choice.

Like the whole nation, he’ll get the PM the aged, reactionary, non representative and out of touch Tory Party membership chose.

Pretty much the same way Labour elects their leaders. If Labour ever wins another general election (highly unlikely with Abbott, Starmer, Lammy et al. ????) and their 'leader' resigns, I will not be able to have a say in the new 'leader' as I am not a member of the Labour party or an affiliated trade union.

That's the way the system works. Maybe time to get over it, you keep posting the same thing ????, we all know it's not a general election where everyone can vote. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

More trolling nonsense. And not even an attempt to address my post you are ‘responding to’.

I have repeatedly reminded you that the choice is being made by paid up members of the Tory party.

Your ranting about the opinions of ‘Lefties’ is completely out of order.

Members have a range of political views and this thread is open to all members.

Perhaps that explains your constant attempts to drive this thread to a standstill with your constant off topic trolling.

You still don't understand my question to a MEMBER, was not actually doing the Tory vote, his view..........????

• Sad 2

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Labour are not the subject of this thread.

That's correct, this thread is about the party in power. Those that win elections. Not the losers or the also rans.

However, my point stands. All parties have the same system, your constant complaints that only Tory members can elect a Tory leader are moot when all parties are the same. Stop whinging about it and implying it's some evil, underhanded Tory policy when they're all the same. The only difference is, Labour don't have a PM to resign and be re-elected by the members because they can't win elections.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The appointment of a new Prime Minister is an important topic, and one that many of us would like to discuss.

Unfortunately the discussion is constantly being driven off track by trolling and off topic irrelevant nonsense.

So the click has trashed Truss, you are now left with Rishi, let's hear it about Rishi....?   :clap2:

• Confused 1