Truss surges ahead, wins key backers in U.K. leadership race for prime minister

onthedarkside

17 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Keep telling yourself that and please encourage any party members who you may happen to know to vote truss. . 

She is a gift to the opposition and if I were them I’d be praying she wins. 

#gotruss-the opposition’s choice. 

For the first time I agree with you, and in the words of a very nice bear....Yaba-daba-dooooo..... 

Edited by metisdead
Trolling image removed.
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Keep telling yourself that and please encourage any party members who you may happen to know to vote truss. . 

She is a gift to the opposition and if I were them I’d be praying she wins. 

#gotruss-the opposition’s choice. 

The only saving grace is that the opposition have Starmer.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, transam said:

For the first time I agree with you, and in the words of a very nice bear....Yaba-daba-dooooo..... 

Glad you agree truss is a gift to the opposition.

No new u turns from either candidate today, so let’s review

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/aug/03/liz-truss-public-sector-u-turn-rishi-sunaks-tax-cuts?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

#gotruss-the opposition’s choice

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

The only saving grace is that the opposition have Starmer.

Labour do, there are more than just them in opposition. 

And honestly, I don’t really care that much about the labour party’s feuds, they aren’t my problem.  

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Excel said:

Tonight is alive debate on Sky. Now will they both call it off again or will they both attempt to bury each other ?  Alternatively will it turn into a replay of the "Magic Round-about" with Sunak playing the part of Dougal and Truss that of Ermintrude whilst they both attempt numerous U-Turns to keep the listeners amused ?

Looking forward to it immensely already. However you may be correct about truss pulling out. She said yesterday she regrets taking part in the debates that have already taken place. 

Edited by Bluespunk

27 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Glad you agree truss is a gift to the opposition.

No new u turns from either candidate today, so let’s review

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/aug/03/liz-truss-public-sector-u-turn-rishi-sunaks-tax-cuts?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

#gotruss-the opposition’s choice

Absolutely, any future PM can do what they like, so let's get the next PM in place that we agree on, who is Liz Truss.....????

PS. You are wasting your time showing me anything from a lefty rag.....????

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Looking forward to it immensely already. However you may be correct about truss pulling out. She said yesterday she regrets taking part in the debates that have already taken place. 

And she is right, why turn it into a USA type game show, as the USA does........... Ridiculous...

Just fuel for the media to twist to their way of thinking....????

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Yours is just another way of crying fake news  Are you seriously denying that Truss did a u-turn on pay cuts? You think the guardian lied about that?

Not interested in what she says now, she is not the PM, yet.

I haven't denied anything, please think before you post.

I have no interest in what that lefty rag prints, so I have no thought on what they have printed. ????

Truss for No.10....????

Liz.thumb.jpg.157ca6d5c213def40f55b6ecdf6c9d85.jpg

15 minutes ago, transam said:

Absolutely, any future PM can do what they like, so let's get the next PM in place that we agree on, who is Liz Truss.....????

PS. You are wasting your time showing me anything from a lefty rag.....????

truss will win and that will make the opposition very happy.

She is terrible under pressure as the debates show, even she realised this and pulled out of the last sky debate.

She also refused to be interviewed by andrew neil live. Sunak to his credit didn’t refuse and actually did quite well. 

More likely the reason you have for refusing to read the guardian is because you cannot refute the factual news they report on. Not unusual in your case. 

You do realise that the links I provide are reports and not opinion pieces don’t you? They are different you know…

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, transam said:

And she is right, why turn it into a USA type game show, as the USA does........... Ridiculous...

Just fuel for the media to twist to their way of thinking....????

Yeah right, that’s why she refuses to appear-LOL

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

truss will win and that will make the opposition very happy.

She is terrible under pressure as the debates show, even she realised this and pulled out of the last sky debate.

She also refused to be interviewed by andrew neil live. Sunak to his credit didn’t refuse and actually did quite well. 

More likely the reason you have for refusing to read the guardian is because you cannot refute the factual news they report on. Not unusual in your case. 

You do realise that the links I provide are reports and not opinion pieces don’t you? They are different you know…

Up to her, we must keep our fingers crossed she will be PM,eh.....????

Let me say this once again hoping it will sink in, I do not read anything in The Guardian except by accident on my Yahoo news updates from many media outlets. ????

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

Up to her, we must keep our fingers crossed she will be PM,eh.....????

Let me say this once again hoping it will sink in, I do not read anything in The Guardian except by accident on my Yahoo news updates from many media outlets. ????

You don’t read the guardian because you can’t refute their reporting, just admit it. 

Glad you want a pm who can’t stand up to questioning…the opposition do as well. 

#gotruss

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

You don’t read the guardian because you can’t refute their reporting, just admit it. 

Glad you want a pm who can’t stand up to questioning…the opposition do as well. 

#gotruss

Not at all, I don't read lefty anti-anything rags, as I know you do daily............????

I would suggest the Despatch Box is the place for questioning, a place where Liz has shined in the positions she has held, if you like the USA type game show that's up to you, but in Government is where it counts, trouncing the opposite bench is a pleasure to watch..........????

Edited by transam
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, transam said:

Not at all, I don't read lefty anti-anything rags, as I know you do daily............????

I would suggest the Despatch Box is the place for questioning, a place where Liz has shined in the positions she has held, if you like the USA type game show that's up to you, but in Government is where it counts, trouncing the opposite bench is a pleasure to watch..........????

RE your reasons for not reading information you can’t refute- LOL.

truss is terrible under pressure and, as her reissued pledge and then u turn this week show, she has no grasp of facts. 

Go ahead tories, elect her- the opposition should bake you a cake in return for such a gift. 

Edited by Bluespunk
Punctuation
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

RE your reasons for not reading information you can’t refute- LOL.

She is terrible under pressure and as her reissued pledge and then u turn this week show, she has no grasp of facts. 

Go ahead tories, elect her- the opposition should bake you a cake in return for such a gift. 

Absolutely, we have a mutual understanding....Liz for PM...????

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Liz Truss, shining at the Dispatch Box.

Now I know you are having a laugh.

She’s appallingly bad at thinking on her feet.

But, yes, it is something to look forward to.

Absolutely, and no, I will not refer to 'feet' this time.......????

This leadership contest will roll on and on until its conclusion next month. However the posting of ballot papers was delayed due to the requirement to "improve security".   Now in the media there has been all kinds of suggestions as to why this could be and which "actors" may have wished to play a part in hacking in order to influence the selection of the leader.

Now the various polls recently have shown big variations as to who is in the lead and by how many %. Liz Truss appears to be gaining, which led me, in one of my idle moments, to question why would any "actor" wish to hack into the system to influence the outcome if there are easier ways to do that legally.

So on checking you can be a member of the conservative party overseas for £ 25 and still have voting rights for the leader ( You can not vote now if you join but could have if you joined earlier) ).  So why would any foreign organisation hack at the risk of being discovered when for a total outlay of only £2,500,000 they could have 100,000 of their own people have 50% of the conservative party membership, all legal and above aboard voting as instructed ?

Seems odd to me that a foreign power say can legally sway this leadership contest. I wonder if other political parties allow the same loop hole ?

https://www.conservativesabroad.org/standard

So based on what may be legally possible who is to say who is voting for Rishi Sunak and Liz  Truss ?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Excel said:

This leadership contest will roll on and on until its conclusion next month. However the posting of ballot papers was delayed due to the requirement to "improve security".   Now in the media there has been all kinds of suggestions as to why this could be and which "actors" may have wished to play a part in hacking in order to influence the selection of the leader.

Now the various polls recently have shown big variations as to who is in the lead and by how many %. Liz Truss appears to be gaining, which led me, in one of my idle moments, to question why would any "actor" wish to hack into the system to influence the outcome if there are easier ways to do that legally.

So on checking you can be a member of the conservative party overseas for £ 25 and still have voting rights for the leader ( You can not vote now if you join but could have if you joined earlier) ).  So why would any foreign organisation hack at the risk of being discovered when for a total outlay of only £2,500,000 they could have 100,000 of their own people have 50% of the conservative party membership, all legal and above aboard voting as instructed ?

Seems odd to me that a foreign power say can legally sway this leadership contest. I wonder if other political parties allow the same loop hole ?

https://www.conservativesabroad.org/standard

So based on what may be legally possible who is to say who is voting for Rishi Sunak and Liz  Truss ?

There were some security concerns that people would be able to vote twice/numerous times , so they have introduced new security measures so people could only vote once . 

Yes, it would be much more exciting and interesting to suggest that was foreign conclusion or attempts to manipulate the votes .

But it was just extra security measures put in place after a potential loop hole was noticed 

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

There were some security concerns that people would be able to vote twice/numerous times , so they have introduced new security measures so people could only vote once . 

Yes, it would be much more exciting and interesting to suggest that was foreign conclusion or attempts to manipulate the votes .

But it was just extra security measures put in place after a potential loop hole was noticed 

But my point was, why would that loophole need to be exploited by a foreign organisation when they could influence the outcome quite legally by being a conservative party member overseas. No need to be on the UK electoral register or resident in the UK . Seems that is a massive loophole.

• Like 1