Only 2 Out Of 5 Air Force Wings Likely Operable Over Next 10 Years

webfact

16 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Don't forget to include the engines this time. 

No mister, engines are extra... i wonder how much Thailand ill get selling their old planes to antique's planes collectors...

No problem as they should simply go on board their aircraft carrier that has no planes either and all make paper planes and practice with them. That way they can crash them to their hearts content without costing the nation billions in unnecessary play things.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

Get the submarines as quickly as possible and put the order in for those F-35 fighter jets.

Thailand needs to build up it's military arsenal. 

and you need to build more tolerance to the chemicals in your system.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, steven100 said:

Get the submarines as quickly as possible and put the order in for those F-35 fighter jets.

but the F35 gets rusty on the aircraft carrier, I heard......

• Haha 1

A country like Thailand certainly does not need the F35 fighter jet. If they bought the latest generation of the F16, they would 

be much better served.  The Chinese subs, are just to keep that branch of the Navy happy. I guess the Thai military

still needs all its toys to keep the many generals happy. I wonder just how the military spending in Thailand compares

with the militaries of Vietnam, or Malaysia?

• Like 1

On 8/3/2022 at 6:31 AM, 2baht said:

Thank heavens there are 3 submarines on the way, albiet without engines......The country is safe!

An aircraft carrier that sits in dock, subs without engines and now a possible F-35 purchase that will cost trillions sitting on the apron doing nothing.

Who is the threat?

• Like 2

On 8/3/2022 at 7:46 AM, Boomer6969 said:

Nonsense, the F35 is a 5th generation aircraft, with an advanced networking capability, hence totally unsuitable for a country of doubtful loyalty. And imagine a network of 2 aircraft ????.

IMHO F35 should be limited to NATO, the French should flog some of their Rafales second hand and make sure they can join the fight with their allies.

They would be better off getting the latest Gripens as they already have the infrastructure to support them thereby saving lots of cash.

But of course the Muppets won't.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hotchilli said:

An aircraft carrier that sits in dock, subs without engines and now a possible F-35 purchase that will cost trillions sitting on the apron doing nothing.

Who is the threat?

Don't forget the blimp!  As an ex-aerospace defense engineer, it will be like everything else, they won't spend the money to maintain them.  Went diving in Dec last year and ran across a young Thai lass who was quite interesting.  One of her gigs was to do non-destructive testing of various parts of Thai military aircraft such as engine fan blades and such.  She had quite the stories to tell and concurs that not enough maintenance leads to not enough aircraft available which leads to not enough air time for training which leads to... Gripen crash.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DrPhibes said:

One of her gigs was to do non-destructive testing of various parts of Thai military aircraft such as engine fan blades and such.  She had quite the stories to tell and concurs that not enough maintenance leads to not enough aircraft available which leads to not enough air time for training which leads to... Gripen crash.

I had 33 years in aviation as an engineer... starting at age 16 as an apprentice with British Aerospace formerly B.A.C Hurn.

I can imagine the maintenance over here is minimal at best.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2022 at 4:40 PM, steven100 said:

Indeed. 

Can never have enough military infrastructure for the next general domestic uprising......and the one after that, etc.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2022 at 4:06 PM, hotchilli said:

I had 33 years in aviation as an engineer... starting at age 16 as an apprentice with British Aerospace formerly B.A.C Hurn.

I can imagine the maintenance over here is minimal at best.

Douglas, Hughes, Northrop, Raytheon (the most waste fraud and abuse, by far), then back to Northrop to finish up before leaving to be self-employed.

• Like 1