POLITICS Trump says FBI raiding his Mar-a-Lago home

Scott

6 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

My opinion is that his supporters are getting Trump fatigue. I expect thousand of his supporters to march down the streets after fiery twitter storm of menacing and incendiary warning of civil war. Nothing happen day 2 after the search. A handful of his supporters carrying flags at Mar-a-lago outnumbered by reporters. It is reported that there are over 5 million Trump supporters in around the vinicity of Mar-a-lago yet no demonstration of signficant numbers. Compare with thousands in various cities turning out on issues like Roe v Wade, gun control and police injustices. Supporters are tired of his shenigans and his support is fading away. They are tired of his constant asking for donation. If the Republican Party think that Trump will win the 2024 election, they will be disappointed. He may even do damage to the GOP chance for the mid-term.  

Me personally I'd like to see Trump fade away. When you say supporters, I'm assuming you mean Republicans. Just because one holds conservative values doesn't mean they are Trump supporters, or "his base".

If the FBI finds nothing to charge Trump with from the "Search" I'd say Trump could be headed for another run.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Me personally I'd like to see Trump fade away. When you say supporters, I'm assuming you mean Republicans. Just because one holds conservative values doesn't mean they are Trump supporters, or "his base".

If the FBI finds nothing to charge Trump with from the "Search" I'd say Trump could be headed for another run.

"President Biden paused last week, during one of the busiest stretches of his presidency, for a nearly two-hour private history lesson from a group of academics who raised alarms about the dire condition of democracy at home and abroad," The Washington Post reported Wednesday.

"The conversation during a ferocious lightning storm on Aug. 4 unfolded as a sort of Socratic dialogue between the commander in chief and a select group of scholars, who painted the current moment as among the most perilous in modern history for democratic governance, according to multiple people familiar with the discussions who requested anonymity to describe a private meeting."

Comparisons were reportedly made to the rise of secessionism prior to the 1860 election and rise of the initial "America First" movement and the rise of fascism before the 1940 election.

https://www.rawstory.com/joe-biden-democracy-totalitarianism/

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

"President Biden paused last week, during one of the busiest stretches of his presidency, for a nearly two-hour private history lesson from a group of academics who raised alarms about the dire condition of democracy at home and abroad," The Washington Post reported Wednesday.

"The conversation during a ferocious lightning storm on Aug. 4 unfolded as a sort of Socratic dialogue between the commander in chief and a select group of scholars, who painted the current moment as among the most perilous in modern history for democratic governance, according to multiple people familiar with the discussions who requested anonymity to describe a private meeting."

Comparisons were reportedly made to the rise of secessionism prior to the 1860 election and rise of the initial "America First" movement and the rise of fascism before the 1940 election.

https://www.rawstory.com/joe-biden-democracy-totalitarianism/

My only response is why are you wasting your time with this garbage.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Why Scott Perry stands out in the FBI's investigations of Trump allies

Scott Perry, who said this week that the FBI had seized his cell phone, has publicly tied the agency’s actions to its search of Donald Trump’s home in Mar-a-Lago. There’s no evidence the two are directly connected — and more details suggest they’re part of two separate investigations.

... But the seizure follows months of growing evidence of Perry’s deep involvement in Trump’s effort to overturn the 2020 election — just as investigators are taking more overt steps to investigate Trump allies’ efforts to deploy the Justice Department in service of disrupting the transition of power.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/08/10/scott-perry-trump-fbi-investigation-00050901

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

My only response is why are you wasting your time with this garbage.

Same reason as you are wasting your time with it.

It's not a lot of time and I'm very interested in seeing the  right defend Trump. I noticed some are just staying away.

I'm wondering why you're calling a string of presidential firsts, garbage?

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

If Trump announces a run for office his grifting (sorry fund raising) will be subject to scrutiny under election law.

My pint is he’s got enough legal problems to want to invite that into his life.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Not all Republicans followed Trump into the rabbit hole of lies, misinformation, conspiracy theories and fascist inclination. In fact, half of Republicans votes are ready to leave Trump behind according to poll findings and that include his base. His support is waning and this recent FBI search and his NY civil case will piled up with his other cases under investigation and will overwhelmed his base to a number that will embarrass him if he intend to run for 2024 election that is if he not barred from running. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

If a smoking gun wasn't found in the search of a former president's residence, the FBI is in for a world of hurt. And they'll be giving Trump a head start for the 2024 elections. That is only my prediction. Before I was hoping Trump would fade away, but nope.

I'm sure this warrant and raid were conducted based on very good evidence. 

However I'm equally sure that whatever they do find (Top Secret documents, valuable gifts from foreign countries, Jimmy Hoffa's body...), Trump's base will insist it's no big deal and continue to believe the raid was political.

• Like 1

Con in chief when he was running for office spinning his lies and grifing millions upon millions from his kool aide cult...still at it...how does it feel to be played for a sucker over and over and over?

"I don't need anybody's money," he said in his announcement speech, declaring: "I'm using my own money. I'm not using the lobbyists. I'm not using donors. I don't care. I'm really rich."

• Like 2

If a smoking gun wasn't found in the search of a former president's residence, the FBI is in for a world of hurt. And they'll be giving Trump a head start for the 2024 elections. That is only my prediction. Before I was hoping Trump would fade away, but nope.

I doubt the FBI would go through the trouble of obtaining a search warrant (and all the scrutiny that comes with doing so for an ex-Prez) unless they were darn certain of what they will find.  But regardless, even if they found nothing, there's already a mountain of evidence related to Jan 6/Georgia that the DOJ can indict Trump on.  The stuff they found here would have only added to the multitude of charges Trump is already facing. 

The easiest way for 45 to "fade away" would be for the old school Republicans, the majority of the party, to stop jumping on the bandwagon in the hopes of capturing some of his base. Don't go on Fox News, or other media - just let him scream into the ether without support.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Is it me that is accusing everyone of being liars or is it the people who found a lot of things ?

BTW, Why would I be required to explain the things that other people found in Trumps possession . 

Are you mistaking me for someone else ?

Not at all. I merely copied the words from your post and turned them around 180 degrees to balance the bias out.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JonnyF said:

I give my opinion. Then I debate.  The truth will hopefully be exposed further down the line. It only happened yesterday and this will drag on for years. It's unprecedented and hence will cause further divide IMO. I hope not.

Good job on quitting alcohol though. It doesn't cause me any problems but I do understand that it doesn't really suit people with underlying anger/personality issues.  So, good job quitting.  Horses for courses. 

quote "Good job on quitting alcohol though. It doesn't cause me any problems but I do understand that it doesn't really suit people with underlying anger/personality issues.  So, good job quitting.  Horses for courses."

FYI I gave up drinking alcohol over 2 years ago as I was drinking 3 or 4 bottles of Hong Thong a week. I figured out that after drinking alcohol for about 60 years it was time my body had a rest from it.

Absolutely nothing at all to do with underlying anger/personality issues.

Being blunt about it, I was drinking too much so I quit. I have had one shot of whisky in my soda at last New Years Eve, took a mouthful and threw the rest away. At home I have 2 boxes of rum, whisky, vodka etc and they will get drunk by my Thai family at my cremation.

5 minutes ago, michael87 said:

Oh my...really.

For obvious reasons, the J6 committee’s goalposts keep shifting. The early accusations of conspiracy to insurrection have changed into accusations of obstruction of Congress, seditious conspiracy, conspiracy to defraud, or even the very vague dereliction of duty. It is, apparently, hard to find an identifiable crime. 

If there is so much evidence, what are the crimes, charges, where are the indictments.

Please show us all this articulable evidence! Fulton county, the "Raffensperger call". NOTHING BURGER.

But, do show us your proof AND the evidence of criminality.

Here is some CNN evidence:

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/08/08/politics/trump-white-house-notes-toilet-photos-cnntv/index.html

CNN Evidence.jpg

You are ignoring the fact the Trump's lawyer have very ably delayed investigations by refusing to cooperate. It seems that they always end up losing which is typical also of  most Trump lawsuits whether played on offense or defense.

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 2