COVID infections on the rise in 44 provinces, over 30,000 new cases a day

snoop1130

11 hours ago, EricTh said:

Did you have a sore throat as well?

How do we distinguish between a common cold and this Covid cold?

Yes I had.

For me the only way to know the difference was the result of a home test kit.

7 hours ago, rabang said:

Yes I had.

For me the only way to know the difference was the result of a home test kit.

Indeed,  isn't it high time to stop all this running scared business.  Most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of. I am unvaccinated for SARS-CoV-2. No question about my being exposed.  Took test yesterday.  Have type O, BMI 21.5. Exercise,  raw garlic. IMG_20220830_091239.thumb.jpg.d46b6d8d1341755698627075fb8a37e6.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/19/2022 at 4:55 PM, snoop1130 said:

Dr. Taweesin said that he would like the public to continue to wear face masks while they are outdoors and among people, noting that not getting infected is the best means of protection.

Someone please tell the Dr. that masks are to prevent a person passing on the virus, not to stop someone catching it.

If you are outdoors and NOT among people, eg in my front garden or on a motorbike, do I still need a mask

10 minutes ago, rabang said:

Singapore has also removed their mandatory indoor masking, with a couple of exceptions, so there is another model for Thailand to follow.

Thailand removed mandatory facemask wearing for general public in late June, from then on its only advice that is given

12 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Thailand removed mandatory facemask wearing for general public in late June, from then on its only advice that is given

The only places that mask wearing is still mandatory I have found seems to be inside Government buildings.  Inside DLT today masks were mandatory. As a foreigner was entering the physical testing location he was told to put his mask on correctly and not under his nose.  Using the MRT today I would say 99% were wearing masks and inside Termina 21 the only ones not wearing masks appeared to be tourists.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

The only places that mask wearing is still mandatory I have found seems to be inside Government buildings.  Inside DLT today masks were mandatory. As a foreigner was entering the physical testing location he was told to put his mask on correctly and not under his nose.  Using the MRT today I would say 99% were wearing masks and inside Termina 21 the only ones not wearing masks appeared to be tourists.

What I meant is that no need to make it mandatory anymore, especially if people are so eager to use them voluntarily anyway. Let's see what year will it be that the Thais stop using masks on a large scale, 2023, 2024 or 2034?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rabang said:

What I meant is that no need to make it mandatory anymore, especially if people are so eager to use them voluntarily anyway. Let's see what year will it be that the Thais stop using masks on a large scale, 2023, 2024 or 2034?

Some places are still finding themselves having to go in the opposite direction:

Germany tightens COVID rules for travel during fall, winter

August 24, 2022

BERLIN (AP) — German Chancellor Olaf Scholz’s Cabinet approved legislation Wednesday that ensures basic protective measures against the coronavirus pandemic are continued during the fall and winter when more virus cases are expected.

The presentation of the rules — which also include the new obligation to wear N95-type face masks during all long-distance travel by train and bus as well as on planes — coincided with the publication of photos showing the chancellor and German Economy Minister Robert Habeck flying to Canada earlier this week without wearing masks.

The pictures triggered strong public criticism of an alleged double standard for politicians and regular people. Currently, medical face masks are mandatory on planes and public transport though N95-style masks are recommended.

(more)

https://apnews.com/article/covid-health-education-germany-olaf-scholz-a9fb2cda8c0a295c32d88455dfb59ec1

On 8/31/2022 at 4:59 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Some places are still finding themselves having to go in the opposite direction:

August 24, 2022

BERLIN (AP) — German Chancellor Olaf Scholz’s Cabinet approved legislation Wednesday that ensures basic protective measures against the coronavirus pandemic are continued during the fall and winter when more virus cases are expected.

The presentation of the rules — which also include the new obligation to wear N95-type face masks during all long-distance travel by train and bus as well as on planes — coincided with the publication of photos showing the chancellor and German Economy Minister Robert Habeck flying to Canada earlier this week without wearing masks.

The pictures triggered strong public criticism of an alleged double standard for politicians and regular people. Currently, medical face masks are mandatory on planes and public transport though N95-style masks are recommended.

(more)

https://apnews.com/article/covid-health-education-germany-olaf-scholz-a9fb2cda8c0a295c32d88455dfb59ec1

I wouldn't pay too much attention to that. Germany has been among the strictest countries in Europe with their covid rules and masking going pretty much against the recent general pan-European trend of relaxing the norms. Maybe it is that authoritarian mindset. I know their health minister (?) has been a hardliner with covid.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2022 at 3:59 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

August 24, 2022

(more)

They don't "have to" do anything, they make political decisions and are responsible for their results. In the UK, for instance, the lockdowns and their devastating impact, as well as the radical communication campaign to justify them are now heavily criticized and this is probably just the beginning:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-62664537

• Like 1

On 8/19/2022 at 6:13 PM, Rampant Rabbit said:

So you want me to  not wear a helmet, throw  my  rubbish out  of  the car onto the road, speed, drive  drunk, drive the wrong way on roads  using the hard  shoulder (motorcy).........I mean you cant have it both ways

You have passed your driving test, congratulations

On 8/30/2022 at 5:20 PM, KannikaP said:

Someone please tell the Dr. that masks are to prevent a person passing on the virus, not to stop someone catching it.

If you are outdoors and NOT among people, eg in my front garden or on a motorbike, do I still need a mask

I don't think so, but sure the usual suspects on this forum will jump in soon and claim the opposite, and be sure they will try to make you feel guilty

• Like 1

On 8/31/2022 at 8:06 PM, ThailandRyan said:

The only places that mask wearing is still mandatory I have found seems to be inside Government buildings.  Inside DLT today masks were mandatory. As a foreigner was entering the physical testing location he was told to put his mask on correctly and not under his nose. 

Yes because it is know that government offices make up their own rules, on everything.

Here in Pattaya the DLT even still forces you to go through the spray cabin.