Prominent Thai doctors against extended nightlife closing times, claim tourists don’t come to Thailand to party but for beaches and temples

webfact

Yes there are Tourists who do come to Thailand for the Temples

And beaches ⛱ 

Then there are others who come for the young girls in the bars and drinking alcohol and having a good time ????

I also agree 2am closing of the bars is a good thing as some people need their beauty ???? 

47 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Be honest, these days I visit a temple more than a bar, but then again I visit maybe 1 temple a year. Bars were great 20 years ago when I was single and before my wife, I feel going to a bar without being able to take a women home with you, is like going to see a movie without the film after the national anthem 

Oh dear....you really must try and socialize more. 

Then they should remove dual pricing on these attractions and increase the opening hours of temples, as most shut around 6PM leaving nothing to do in the evening.

Also have sunbeds out on the beach every day on Koh Larn, rather than remove them for cleaning.

They come for many reasons. The culture is just one element. Many barely visit a temple. Many just don't find them interesting. What other aspects of the culture? Puppet shows? Muay Thai? 

More like street food, bars, restaurants, malls, and the people. And yes, the beaches. 

Yes it should be 4am closing. There are a lot of people younger people who do like to have night life while on holidays. There is a lot of old people on here that don’t like nightlife as they are old and married and a lot are retired but give the ‘living’ people some fun in holidays . . and they will do both. . enjoy temples and sightseeing and able to mix and and meet at bars and clubs as young people love to have fun . . 

Open to 4am is nothing unusual here in Australia and a lot of western countries already ! 

• Like 1

Stating open until 4 is not going to help that many bars. People will just go out drinking later

It is going to have an affect on the bar staff imagine starting at 4 and doing a 12 hour shift for the same money.  

Entertainment zones should have police at the ends of the zone doing DUI rad checks starting at midnight.

Cops will make a <deleted> load of money as will taxis

• Like 2

1 minute ago, vandeventer said:

Yes, the temples in my area are full of very hungry dogs. I am sure the tourist would like to visit them.

And begging boxes, for some reason one near me has a lot of collection boxes. 

9 minutes ago, AllanA said:

Yes it should be 4am closing. There are a lot of people younger people who do like to have night life while on holidays. There is a lot of old people on here that don’t like nightlife as they are old and married and a lot are retired but give the ‘living’ people some fun in holidays . . and they will do both. . enjoy temples and sightseeing and able to mix and and meet at bars and clubs as young people love to have fun . . 

Open to 4am is nothing unusual here in Australia and a lot of western countries already ! 

Some of the Thai clubs already stay open past 2am, at least they did precovid.

When I first started coming to Thailand the bars were open 24 hours! At 9am when Marine Disco was closing it was off to the disco's that were just opening! If I remember right things were much more relaxed, people were not drinking fast to get as many drinks as possible before the bars closed their doors and kicked you out. I also believe there were a lot less road deaths then.

• Like 2