Thailand and foreign embassies prepare for influx of foreign criminals in 22/23 High Season

webfact

2 hours ago, MaiDong said:

'show that Thailand has a safe and sustainable environment for foreign tourists.'

Pretend, surely? Not show, as that would be dishonest... 

Honestly, it's like a playground full of 12 year olds. 

you give them too much credit. They're more like 8-10 year olds.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

On board are 18 embassies namely Austria, Belgium, the UK, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Morocco, the Netherlands, Norway, Slovakia and Switzerland. (Siam Rath seemed to have omitted one in their report but said that 15 were European embassies). 

So, okay for criminals from USA, China, Japan, Korea, India, Russia, Sweden, the Middle East and South America etc. etc.?

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, kentrot said:

The RTP can not even lay their hands on a Thai called "Little (RED BULL) Boss" who killed one of their own RTP.

How can they say they will catch foreign "Wanted Criminals" ?

Red Bull founder's grandson arrested for fatal hit-and-run

You are missing the point....they are talking about the ones already/still in Thailand ????

At least the foreign stoners cannot be considered criminals any more. Should be a high high season for them. 555. No money for the BiB in passing joints to backpackers and then arresting them. Too bad. Passing around yaba pills or fake ecstacy to entrap them will arouse suspicion and most prefer weed anyway. 

Edited by Dogmatix

The list of Embassies is more than funny: seems that BiBs planned European tour for New Year based on "cooperation" and of course paid by their office. Maybe they forgot that there is an organisation dealing exactly with international police cooperation called "Interpol"?

Or they want [say] Ebmassy of Slovenia pass some lists to TRP quasi-officially? Is it even legal?
Obviously they sent "cooperation request letter" to all embassies in the Kingdom, most simply ignored of politely refused such an offer. Behold the list of the dumbest:

Austria, Belgium, the UK, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Morocco, the Netherlands, Norway, Slovakia and Switzerland.

PS: where is Poland?

Kriminal Koorentine.   KK.  yea!!

work with Interpol, CIA, Mi99, whatever....

take every falang to a hotel, 10,000 baht.  wait until cleared.  armed guards.   

show them pictures of Pattaya to drive them crazy!!!!!!

oh, you think falang pays 40,000 for a flight to ride an elephant and take pictures of temples?   95% of these criminals will be in Bangkok or south.   #bargirlfact

falang................the smart cars have been turned on!!!!!

• Haha 1

Question to all you admirable stalwarts that have endured the incredibly ridiculous requirements of "living" in the LOS during the last couple of years during Covid-19:

I previously lived in LOS from 2005-2011 (legally perThai laws) and sporadically thereafter. I re-patriated to the USA in 2011 for what I believed to be at the time be a 1-2 year contract work stint that morphed into a somewhat "re-settling" in the USA . Then "life" happened and my precious daughter in the USA had even more precious twin daughters, i.e, my twin grand-daughters in 2019.

Now I need to return to the LOS to transfer a significant sum of USD back to the US from my Thai personal bank account to my US personal account...FYI- my Thai bank accounts have always been dutifully reported on the USA side in accordance with all applicable FATCA USA and Thai laws..,nothing to hide here.

What else to do I need to do to have a last visit to the LOS for 3-4 weeks without any worries...i.e. health insurance requirements, tourist visa requirements, Covid tests, etc. ?

This may be my last visit to the LOS, and I want it to be the best of memories...sadly, many of my good USA friends foundered badly during the last two years due to Covid-19. But I would like to make the best of it.

What a surprise, the criminals don’t want other criminals on their turf. The Rolling Stones song ‘you can’t always get what you want’ comes to mind. I’m sure the good people of Thailand want a quality police force, not the organized crime syndicate which call themselves the RTP. 

• Like 1