Male foreign tourist being attacked

anchadian

15 hours ago, kinyara said:

There really should be a visible police presence patrolling the main nightlife areas, Walking Street, Beach Road & Buakow/LK Metro/Treetown from midnight to 5am, the timeframe when these incidents invariably occur. The tourist police predictably leave before the peak window of likely drink/drug induced trouble starts.

Stationed halfway along Walking Street would allow them to be close enough either end to deal quickly with any incidents. It doesn't require a lot of manpower, just effective use of resources. A march along Walking Street by the head honcho and his lackeys with the press in tow after a series of incidents and negative publicity, which is normally what happens, doesn't amount to anything regarding late night safety.

The Foreign Tourist Police Volunteers used to locate themselves central on Walking St...(along with a few proper cops), have they not returned yet?

There is only one story.  Bad falang, deserves punishment, leave Thailand after you spend all your money.

Post-COVID stress taken out on Falang.....pre-covid stress was bad for falang.... falang can never win, no matter what.

enjoy your stay, you are not Thai!!! lol

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

The Foreign Tourist Police Volunteers used to locate themselves central on Walking St...(along with a few proper cops), have they not returned yet?

Not sure as I've only been as near as the Beer Garden in daytime and Le Pub at night since things reopened. The issue I see is when there they have always packed up and left before the late night trouble starts.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Iamfalang said:

There is only one story.  Bad falang, deserves punishment, leave Thailand after you spend all your money.

Post-COVID stress taken out on Falang.....pre-covid stress was bad for falang.... falang can never win, no matter what.

enjoy your stay, you are not Thai!!! lol

What on earth are you babbling on about.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In my experience Thais don't normally attack for no reason but there are many just itching for an excuse to have a go especially the type who would be hanging around that area late at night. Look at the number of Thai men homing in on the situation almost as if they could smell the chance to have a one sided go

Best thing that guy could have done was to pay the few Baht she wanted and moved on

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Don Chance said:

"another Thai man also appearing to join the fight, although it was unclear why."

You must be asleep not notice how much you are hated as a farang in Thailand. Microaggressions are a daily event, how surprised are you when it turns physical?

Asleep, in denial, thai apologitis. Maybe these people miss the "microagessions" But how in the world do they miss this video??? Unbelievable 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

The title is misleading.

The title says that a male foreign tourist was attacked.  How is that not the case?

23 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

He was not attacked because of his nationality or gender but because he was  a thief.

The title doesn't say that he was attacked because of his nationality or gender.

Your deranged need to find a way to make Thais 100% innocent 100% of the time causes you to come out with some truly insane comments.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Cognitive dissonance.  There're people in this thread who are pretty much saying that the guy started everything and completely deserved it.  You can even infer that their thought process is "Thais are all perfect, and if they did this they must have been made to do it by the foreign man, therefore the foreign man must have done something awful that forced the Thais to attack him, and he deserved it". 

The idea that there might be some bad Thai men looking for an excuse to attack a foreign man just isn't allowed to exist in their minds as it would challenge their essential belief that Thais are perfect and (other) foreigners are bad.

But aren't you just arguing the opposite?  There are bad Thais just as there are bad tourists - there are bad people everywhere. Since when does nationality make a difference?

• Thanks 1

On 8/29/2022 at 12:58 PM, Don Chance said:

"another Thai man also appearing to join the fight, although it was unclear why."

You must be asleep not notice how much you are hated as a farang in Thailand. Microaggressions are a daily event, how surprised are you when it turns physical?

Thailand is a far right, conservative country, they feel threatened by western modernity.  They hate multiculturalism. They don't like farangs in their country.

The root cause is economic inequality.

This. ????

• Like 2

On 8/29/2022 at 12:00 AM, Leaver said:

Same scenario to you.

If you have two drinks in a bar and the bill comes out for four drinks, is it YOUR fault for refusing to pay for the two drinks? 

Do you deserve a beating for refusing to pay for the two drinks?

Are you committing a crime, or is a crime being committed against you? 

That's a good example. If it were me, I'd take the L and move on. Ask for them to correct it and if not, pay and leave. And never go back  It is NOT WORTH yelling, screaming and fighting about it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Years ago, back in the States. my girlfriend and I stopped in at a Denny's for a cup of coffee. When we left I put the money with the bill on the counter and we left. As we were driving out, two guys came and stood in front of our car and started telling us that we really should pay before leaving. They weren't going to let us leave. I went back inside where I found out the counter waitress had made a big stink to everyone that we hadn't paid. It turned out that another waitress had picked up the bill and the money. The bill was for two coffees $0.20. The guy's continuously asking "What did I do?" mkes me wonder.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1