Male foreign tourist being attacked

anchadian

1 hour ago, Don Chance said:

"another Thai man also appearing to join the fight, although it was unclear why."

You must be asleep not notice how much you are hated as a farang in Thailand. Microaggressions are a daily event, how surprised are you when it turns physical?

Thailand is a far right, conservative country, they feel threatened by western modernity.  They hate multiculturalism. They don't like farangs in their country.

The root cause is economic inequality.

Perhaps it's just you and your ilk whatever that might be. I'm neither asleep nor have I ever had reason to feel that way in my decades here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EricTh said:

Who said that Thailand is the 'land of smiles'?

This is uncivilized behavior, just call the police to handle this.

Beating someone is a criminal act, no matter what the reason is.

Any big city you will finely find trouble if your are either drunk or stupid. Thailand is one of the more forgiving places to be either or both. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Don Chance said:

Maybe you have a Thai wife or GF and live in a isolated small town?

No Thai wife and might be in any one of my three houses in Thailand, one in a small town whereas two are in cities. The difference being that I don't inhabit the farang ghettos.

There really should be a visible police presence patrolling the main nightlife areas, Walking Street, Beach Road & Buakow/LK Metro/Treetown from midnight to 5am, the timeframe when these incidents invariably occur. The tourist police predictably leave before the peak window of likely drink/drug induced trouble starts.

Stationed halfway along Walking Street would allow them to be close enough either end to deal quickly with any incidents. It doesn't require a lot of manpower, just effective use of resources. A march along Walking Street by the head honcho and his lackeys with the press in tow after a series of incidents and negative publicity, which is normally what happens, doesn't amount to anything regarding late night safety.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Harsh Jones said:

came to Thailand at 23 years old and was way more badly behaved than I should have. One thing I learned is that Thai men don't like to get involved unless they feel they have to. 

I agree, they may fight in packs to get an unfair advantage, but I think they do have a fair bit of tolerance. You go to the major towns and cities in England after pub/club kicking out time and mass brawls can start at the drop of a hat (or a kebab). Often resulting in serious injury or worse. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Man you looks and sounds Indian thinks he's innocent said "what did i do, what did i do"

I think he sounds British.

He starts off very calm, then at around 58 seconds in it sounds like he's saying "if you want me to touch you, I'll touch you now" and then "I'll *** you up" or something along those lines. Not the best temperament to have when going out in a party town. 

Taking his top off at the end for that macho look says a lot too.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

I think he sounds British.

He starts off very calm, then at around 58 seconds in it sounds like he's saying "if you want me to touch you, I'll touch you now" and then "I'll *** you up" or something along those lines. Not the best temperament to have when going out in a party town. 

Taking his top off at the end for that macho look says a lot too.

Either way, just another loser who won't go home

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Baron Samedi said:

If this video isn't biased, those Thai guys should have been arrested. Unacceptable behavior. Even if the farang didn't pay for his food, the vendor should have call the police and sort it out with them. This is no way to behave.

The Felang should have just walked away , he had plenty of opportunity to walk off

• Like 2