Govt Praises Lisa for Winning Best K-Pop Award

webfact

image.jpeg

BANGKOK, Aug 30 (TNA) – The government praised Thai singer Lalisa “Lisa” Manoban for becoming the first best female solo K-Pop artist in the 2022 MTV Video Music Awards (VMAs) event.

Acting government spokesman Anucha Burapachaisri said that Lisa from the Blackpink girl group won the Best K-Pop Video Award from the 2022 MTV Video Music Awards in Newark, New Jersey, for her Lalisa solo album.

Lisa was the first female K-Pop artist who received the award from MTV Video Music Awards. The government congratulated Lisa for her success which brought pride to her fans in Thailand and elsewhere worldwide, Mr Anucha said.

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-1007646

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai News Agency 2022-08-30

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

43 minutes ago, Why Me said:

Gorgeous and talented…

What, exactly, is her “talent?”

I’m guessing that whatever it is, it’s not something anyone would be taking seriously if she were 40.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, webfact said:

Lisa was the first female K-Pop artist who received the award from MTV Video Music Awards. The government congratulated Lisa for her success which brought pride to her fans in Thailand and elsewhere worldwide, Mr Anucha said.

Shame she doesn't feel the need to stay in Thailand...

2 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Here comes Mr Negative.

She is in one of the world's biggest girl bands in Korea.  They are Korean.  In Korea.  So that is why she lives there.  Pretty simple really.

Incidentally she won an audition with a Korean record label when she was 13, the only one out of 4,000 applicants and was offered a position with them by their CEO.  So she moved there to study at 14 and became very successful.

But Mr Negative can't stand successful Thais so he has to criticise.  And the best you can do is "She doesn't live in Thailand"?  Pretty pathetic really.

^

Sort of a bandwagon appeal.

”Successful” or “popular” =/= good.

5 hours ago, Joseph98765 said:

They are puppets, living a life full of sacrifices...I don't think they are very happy to be what they are.

https://www.theguardian.com/global/2020/mar/29/behind-k-pops-perfect-smiles-and-dance-routines-are-tales-of-sexism-and-abuse

Pre-fab/poseur pop “stars.”

Prior to the age of Pro Tools and live backing tracks, they wouldn’t have even been a blip on the radar.

6 hours ago, morrobay said:

If you had the money she has would you stay in Thailand,??

I would not.

Exactly my point... she has no real interest in working or living in Thailand other than the odd visit back to perform.

13 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

She is in one of the world's biggest girl bands in Korea.  They are Korean.  In Korea.  So that is why she lives there.  Pretty simple really.

That was my point... not "shame" on her for not living here.

Todays fad  tomorrows  nobodies.......they of course write  all their  own music, play all the instruments and  will be remebered in 5? 10? 20 years......no didnt think so.

Manufactured drivel for the mass  market  teenyboppers,  no doubt successful currenty like the brief fad of The  Spice  Girls  but  long term  nothing, No creative abiltiy such as Lennon MCartney, Brian Wilson, George Michael . Mozart Bach etc

Edited by Rampant Rabbit

13 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Todays fad  tomorrows  nowmusic, play all the instruments and  will be hremebered in 5? 10? 20 years......no didnt think so.

Manufactured drivel for the mass  market  teenyboppers,  no doubt successful currenty like the brief fad of The  Spice  Girls  but  long term  nothing, No creative abiltiy such as Lennon MCartney, Brian Wilson, George Michael . Mozart Bach etc

What I remember of the Spice Girls in their heyday was seeing them perform live on a TV show --a 5 girl group -- but they still had on stage and used back-up singers.

Edited by jerrymahoney
but maybe "preform" is better.

4 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

What I remember of the Spice Girls in their heyday was seeing them perform live on a TV show --a 5 girl group -- but they still had on stage and used back-up singers.

They were  just  more manufactured krap. They get  little  respect from me   unless they can write and play the instruments, Im sure that worries them though. I dont rank Elvis either for that reason, popuar as they may have been.