Ten years on cop killer "Red Bull Boss" remains free - "One 'justice' for the poor and other for the rich"

webfact

7 hours ago, 2baht said:
7 hours ago, webfact said:

The prosecutor paid with his job and career. One of several fall guys for the appalling corruption associated with the case that reaches to the very top of the Royal Thai Police.

Wonderful country! ????

Thai culture. I'm not even reading this article as there's no point. He was allowed to escape by corrupt officials, end of story. Nothing new to be added, no surprises to come in the future.

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, VinnieK said:

Is he even on Interpol's wanted list?

Just did a cursory search, no results

I think even if Thailand was serious about having him extradited, Interpol would not take Thailand seriously. 

However, it is alot easier for Thailand to not pursue him. He is above the law. Any and all laws. Easier to just pretend some effort is being made to find him. 

• Like 2

Unbelievble that the whole world can't find this man. Oh sorry people with money are not punished, underage kids with a opnion, protesters are more dangerous and easier to punish. Poor people suffer the rich buy themselves off

• Like 1

Simple take it to court, his failure to attend can be taken into account, and as a plea. the case can start with the current evidence, and his failure to attend as he wished not to speak. The court can then do one or two things, order his attendance, give hime a time limit and if still no response, judge him on the facts before the court and give a vedict. and then as a fugivate have the sentance carried out when caught.

24 minutes ago, phetpeter said:

Simple take it to court, his failure to attend can be taken into account, and as a plea. the case can start with the current evidence, and his failure to attend as he wished not to speak. The court can then do one or two things, order his attendance, give hime a time limit and if still no response, judge him on the facts before the court and give a vedict. and then as a fugivate have the sentance carried out when caught.

Has he been charged ?

If no show convicted for fail to attend ?

9 hours ago, VinnieK said:

Is he even on Interpol's wanted list?

Just did a cursory search, no results

https://www.interpol.int/en/How-we-work/Notices/Red-Notices

How many Red Notices are there?

There are currently approximately 69,270 valid Red Notices, of which some 7,500 are public.

The majority of Red Notices are restricted to law enforcement use only.

In some cases, for example where the public’s help is needed to locate an individual or they pose a threat to public safety, a public extract of the Red Notice is published on this website.

Edited by peterfranks

17 hours ago, ezzra said:

Yes he might be back in Thailand in 5 years but that doesn't make him bulletproof should someone will seek restitution for his crime, i don't really envy the rest of his life billions or not...

Hahahah is your life a movie? No one gives a <deleted>. NOTHING will ever happen. He's got a life most people couldn't even imagine let a lone live. What a ridiculous comment.

2 hours ago, starky said:

No one gives a <deleted>. NOTHING will ever happen. He's got a life most people couldn't even imagine let a lone live. What a ridiculous comment.

I am not so sure

I remember this

https://explore.newsner.com/father-shoots-man-raped-his-son-news-cameras-child-abuse-molestation-gary-plauche

That is a form of justice dealt by someone who does not have wealth nor cares who does

This justice was dealt by a loved one/father of the injured party

Does no matter how much money or what Boss RedBull's life is like

All it takes is someone who loved that dead police officer to just say it does not matter & I will hand out the justice myself because it is obvious this system is broken.

Edited by mania

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Just a notice that a suspect is wanted. The Thai authorities are not hunting the earth for the suspect.

They are doing almost nothing. The RTP claim they are actively working on the case. The reality is they'd be more than happy to wait out to 2027 and move on

The family paid handsomely to maintain his freedom...

anyone who expected justice are dreamers.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, ezzra said:

Yes he might be back in Thailand in 5 years but that doesn't make him bulletproof should someone will seek restitution for his crime, i don't really envy the rest of his life billions or not...

Who would want to kill him?

The family of the dead cop is very well taken care of.

Much better than any of the 22 that died in the Mountain B fire.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mania said:

I am not so sure

I remember this

https://explore.newsner.com/father-shoots-man-raped-his-son-news-cameras-child-abuse-molestation-gary-plauche

That is a form of justice dealt by someone who does not have wealth nor cares who does

This justice was dealt by a loved one/father of the injured party

Does no matter how much money or what Boss RedBull's life is like

All it takes is someone who loved that dead police officer to just say it does not matter & I will hand out the justice myself because it is obvious this system is broken.

It was dealt with in the THAI way . Repatriation was paid to the family for his death thats how it works. His avoiding the judicial side of it is how it works for the elites in this country. For all intents and purposes this matter is closed. Yes your rare as hens teeth scenario may play out but I severely doubt boss has or ever will spend one day looking over his shoulder or wallowing in any guilt.

Another thing you have over looked is its one thing to shoot a nobody it's a whole other thing to face the retribution of one of the most powerful families in Thailand in a country that relies on face, nepotism, connections and cronyism.

And your wrong the "system isn't broken" it's working exactly the way it was designed to. This isn't America.

Edited by starky

13 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I disagree. They would ignore politically motivated requests, but for murder? I doubt that.

I do. Thailand has next to no credibility on the world stage, at this point. The government is not trusted, and law enforcement agencies around the world likely know that the laws here favor the rich, the super rich can buy their way out of anything, and the judicial system is bent, so why would they bother to assist Thailand in a kangaroo scheme to deceive the public into thinking something is actually being done? 

• Like 1

One can only guess, how many millions have had to change hands while others are booked into the slammer for stealing mushrooms off a national park. 

This explains explicitly the implementation of law and order and no wonder nobody takes the legal system of Thailand seriously. What a hopeless farçe .......

• Like 2

On 8/31/2022 at 8:59 AM, webfact said:

Now the Department of Special Investigation and the Office of the National Anti-Corruption Commission have 15 people lined up for prosecution after committee after committee has met to consider what to do.

In the crosshairs are:

Two police generals

Two police lieutenant generals

Two police colonels

Two police lieutenant colonels

Two Air Marshals

Two prosecutors

One lawyer and

Two politicians.

No one is holding their breath that any but the lowest hanging fruit will be successfully prosecuted in the case.

A case that shows the disgraceful nature of Thai justice. 

A case that shows how the rich walk and the poor are banged up.

This reminds me of the Six Phases Of A Project:

1. Enthusiasm,
2. Disillusionment,
3. Panic,
4. Search for the guilty,
5. Punishment of the innocent, and
6. Praise and honor for the nonparticipants.

• Like 1