Yellow armpits stains - what to buy to get rid of them?

Baron Samedi

How do you get rid of those horrible yellow armpits stains on your white t-shirts?

Hot washing doesn't cut it for me.

Is there a product that I can buy to solve this?

I've heard in the past that the problem isn't sweat but a chemical reaction between fabric and deodorant.

Have been to Big C but everything is in Thai.

Pretty easy to figure out what is washing powder or softener but that's about it...

Anyway, I'm pretty sure veterans here know what I'm talking about.

So if you have any product to recommend, I'm all ears.

Thx ????

Vinegar, baking soda and hydrogen peroxide: Mix one cup white vinegar, half-cup baking soda, one tablespoon salt and one tablespoon hydrogen peroxide into a paste. Use a brush to scrub the paste into the stain and let it sit for 15 minutes, then machine wash per the shirt's instructions.

From internet .... idk if it works but they are all pretty easy available i think ( maybe hydrogen peroxide isn't not checked yet )

• Like 2

Hot washing, try it, helps get rid of oils (body), along with, try wearing the shirt for 1 day, instead of 1 week at time.

Just a thought ... ????

Toss it and buy new ones.

T-shirts, seriously ... if you must keep them, try baking soda, cleans everything.

Edited by KhunLA

13 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Switch anti perspirant, alum sticks are very good and last for year+, 25 baht, i haven't got any white marks, I'm not sure you can remove them

Could you specify what you mean by alum sticks?

Is that the deo sticks by opposition to the deo sprays?

Thx

6 hours ago, PJ71 said:

Disgusting.

You bet ????

6 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Hot washing, try it, helps get rid of oils (body), along with, try wearing the shirt for 1 day, instead of 1 week at time.

Just a thought ... ????

Toss it and buy new ones.

T-shirts, seriously ... if you must keep them, try baking soda, cleans everything.

Right now the stains are barely visible: won't toss them.

I do use a different t-shirt everyday. As mentioned, the problem isn't sweat but some kind of <deleted> they put in their deodorant.

Ok I'll try baking soda + hydro peroxide.

We'll see.

Thx

2 minutes ago, Baron Samedi said:

You bet ????

Right now the stains are barely visible: won't toss them.

I do use a different t-shirt everyday. As mentioned, the problem isn't sweat but some kind of <deleted> they put in their deodorant.

Ok I'll try baking soda + hydro peroxide.

We'll see.

Thx

Just buy yellow T-shirts?

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

See below, they are about 25 baht each, revolutionary

Screenshot_2022-09-02-18-55-19-583_com.lazada.android.jpg

Screenshot_2022-09-02-18-55-36-827_com.lazada.android.jpg

Trusted you so far. Didn't regret it ????

Gonna order some tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, peterfranks said:

Your screenshot says 109 baht. Where you buy them at 25 Baht?

It's probably a pack or something. 150THB/25THB= 6 sticks.

Or Scuba is taking into account the discount. In that case, its more like 4.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2022 at 7:30 PM, Baron Samedi said:

I've heard in the past that the problem isn't sweat but a chemical reaction between fabric and deodorant.

exactly, it's the fkn brand name deodorants that destroy our favourite shirts.

15 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Switch anti perspirant, alum sticks are very good and last for year

yes, I use these for several years already and very happy with them.

1 hour ago, Baron Samedi said:

Could you specify what you mean by alum sticks?

"crystal deodorant", sold in every single 7-11 or supermarket.

29 minutes ago, peterfranks said:

Your screenshot says 109 baht. Where you buy them at 25 Baht?

nearest 7-11, and if you are very rich and do not mind spending 10 Baht extra you could visit the nearest Tesco or Big C

Here is an example:

grace.png.66048b3ddf7010fd8b7039f795638f94.png

- I recommend to buy the "classic" one (leftmost) as I think that flavoured ones could leave stains.

Edited by fdsa
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, fdsa said:

"crystal deodorant", sold in every single 7-11 or supermarket.

Wonderful ???? Not even the need to order on Lazada.

I was about to ask if this was it. Found it on the Big C website:

https://www.bigc.co.th/deodomin-natural-roll-on-deodorant-60-ml.html

Bpai 7 ba !

Thanks a bunch to all of you on behalf of my t-shirts ????

Hysterectomy:

I once had those same yellow stains on my bed sheets.

I cured them with a hysterectomy.

The doctor told me the yellow stains were due to a hormonal imbalance, and his opinion proved correct.

Swimming:

Just go swimming in salt water.

If you can swim 15 kilometers, per day, every day, then those yellow stains will vanish, never to return.

This is my guarantee to you.

Try it.

You will not be disappointed in the results.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

Period pads. 

Don't laugh, please. 

Not I, but I do know of one guy who tried this. 

This is why I suggest swimming in the ocean, 10 klicks per day. 

This will reduce body odor, improve your body smell, through intense exercise, and keep your machine in tip-top condition. 

This suggestion, in fact, is not a joke. 

• Haha 1

One valid point that nobody has mentioned, so far. 

Why do you think you need underarm antiperspirant or underarm perfume? 

Think about it! 

I have been in Asia for over 40 years. I stopped buying underarm deodorant, 38 years ago. And, so far, I have had no complaints from the women. 

I could easily explain why underarm deodorant is not necessary. But then, I would need to resort to science. 

A few years ago, when I was not celibate, some of my GFs loved to smell my armpits. This is NOT a joke!!! 

The key is to remain physically fit. Women, for sure, can discriminate between a healthy male and a sickly male, just by smelling the male armpit. 

I realize that most readers here might believe I am joking. But, this is not the case. There is documented science on my side of this argument. 

Therefore, get in shape. Do a lot of long distance swimming in the ocean, or running, or rowing, preferably. 

Never use armpit deodorant. 

And, within two months, or less, your pits will come up smelling like a daisy. 

By the way, did you think that using some off-the-shelf armpit spray could really mask your smell, from a woman's sensitive nose??? 

Think again!!! No way, no how! 

This is actually quite an interesting and worthy Topic. I should have thought of this one, myself. 

Truly a great Topic! Because, guys here are so worried about coming to Thailand, a land, like all other places in East Asia and SE Asia, where armpit spray is rarely sold. 

Man, do I ever hate the smell of Jade East! 

By the way, how often, during the day, do you change your shirts? 

Before the pandemic, when I almost completely stopped wearing anything more than a towel around my waist, I would change my shirts at least three times a day, conservatively. This is no joke. 

Thailand is located in a hot climate. Anytime my Oxford cloth shirts began turning dark with sweat, I always changed into a new shirt which I carried with me. Please believe me, that I'm not joking. 

When things got too intensely hot, during the Hot Season, I would find a private restroom, and wash the sweat and stink from my pits, and then don one of the the fresh shirts I always carried with me. 

When I returned home, I would immediately send the sweaty shirts out for cleaning. 

I have spent most of my life in some of the hottest, humidest, and most air-polluted places you might ever imagine. 

And yet, even in these places, one is sometimes expected to wear a dark suit and tie. 

Hong Kong, as I recall, was one of the worst. Exceedingly high humidity, and so many long and fast walks to get where you were going, unless you were riding in a Bentley. There was really no option, when your collar turned wet and dark from sweat, other than to pull out, from your attache case, a freshly pressed Oxford shirt, in the nearest men's room. 

This kind of makes me laugh, because I happen to know that I am not the only one who has done this. 

The thing that once most perturbed me was that the guys in Hong Kong, the guys you were going to meet, were all standing next to their conference tables, cool and calm like cucumber sandwiches. 

They always had this slight, barely perceptible, smirk on their face, something old school, in their USD5000 hand-sewn suits, which said... "I know that you just slogged through heat and humidity to get here. And, I know that you just changed your sweat-drenched shirt in my washroom before entering my cool air-conditioned office with artwork on the wall." 

FACE is important in Hong Kong. Try never to let them know that you have been sweating. 

If you ever find that one of your shirts has any minute stain, anywhere, then just bin it or burn it. 

I do miss Hong Kong guys, the ones in offices high up, overlooking Hong Kong harbor. So many of them were well-educated, and possessed the very driest humor. 

Now, those days are gone. Long gone is any real humor in Hong Kong, except maybe for gallows humor. 

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Like 1

Too lazy to order on Lazada so I went for the more expensive 7-11 alternative.

That deodorant is essentially a stone fixed on a plastic basis.

Brand: You & Me @ 7-11

Price: 60THB+

Will probably last for months.

IMPORTANT - In order to work properly, you need to humidify your alum potassium block a bit before applying. Don't over do it or the potassium will crystallize in your hair

Fun fact - that potassium stick can be used for many different things. More info here (just watch a couple of vids): Alum block vids

IMG_20220903_121914.thumb.jpg.ec0cd0525727ff527659bd29455d25ea.jpgIMG_20220903_121950.thumb.jpg.53add389eef1c54640176c945b09525a.jpg

Edited by Baron Samedi