Russia appreciates Thailand's understanding of reasons behind special operation — Lavrov

webfact

Ukraine's biggest mistake was trusting the US &  Russia and agreeing to the Budapest Memorandum .

After the dissolution of the Soviet Union, Ukraine was suddenly left with the world’s third-largest nuclear arsenal. So it, the United States and Russia reached an agreement in 1994, known as the Budapest Memorandum on Security Assurances, by which Ukraine would turn over its nukes in exchange for those security assurances.

They gave up their nuclear arsenal and look where it got them ....  thousands of them died, their homeland invaded, because of a lie by the US and Russia.   

And what do you think North Korea, Iran and others have learnt by this mistake ?     they will never give into the west again.

Edited by steven100

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I am sure Russia is greatful that another nation is not opposing their morally questionable crusade. 

What Thailand is not willing to say is that Russia is being led by a despot, who enjoys murdering his critics. And seems to have few qualms about murdering women and children in Ukraine. 

We all remember how Thailand also "remained neutral" during WWII, and allowed themselves to be occupied by the Japanese. Perhaps this "being on the wrong side of history" is becoming habitual? 

But each time it was NOT the Thai people who said and did this. It was and is their leaders both of whom, were/and are military

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plaek_Phibunsongkhram of the Thai Ratsadon Military faction during WW2, and this time Prayuth and his theft of Thailand from the Thai people, who are and always have been, the problem in Thailand.

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

There was another country that remained "Neutral" --Neutral while some of the worse bombing attacks on civilian  targets were taking place--Neutral while Gas chambers were set up to be packed by men/women & children--- Neutral until attacked & forced to take a stand & join the rest of the world fighting fascism .

But dont lets talk about that ---lets study Thailand's moral compass in the 40s

Well, the US did not remain neutral, as much as cowardly. Until their hands were forced by Pearl Harbor. Since then, they have barely hesitated to join any war they can. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Thanks 1

Look at the picture at the start of this article . All smiles , friendly and a statement from the Russian foreign minister which , for me , is challenging Thailand's neutrality . Of course there is a conflict of interest from Thailand because it does a lot of business with Russia ( all sorts ) , plus of  course it wants to maintain its tourism with Ukraine allies . I wonder if the Ukraine president would receive the same Thai hospitality ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arthur Mullard said:

"Propaganda" that's rich: when anyone who speaks against the 'special operation' falls out of a window or mysteriously disappears... like 6 (at least) oligarchs have done lately... or when a state poisons those brave enough to speak out... yeah I'll take western "propaganda" by the bus load if that's your idea of an alternative, Idiot.

Showing your ignorance by name calling, how mature.

• Like 1

By these statements Lavrov only provokes outrage, he may actually achieve the opposite by drawing extra attention to Thailand's neutral stance.
He'd rather keep quiet if he's interested to keep the status quo.
But looks like he's willing to poke around instead as usual. 

13 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Tell that to all the nations in the world going back in history as far as the Jews and the Egyptians, the Romans , Gauls, Franks, Vikings Huns, Angles, Saxons, Jutes, Normans, Mongols, Arabs, Portuguese, Spanish, French, Dutch, Belgium, Germany, Hindus, Sikhs, Moslems, Protestants, Catholics etc. Not to mention all the African tribes slaughtering each other and indiscriminately killing each other, or selling their captives into slavery.

It was history and you can't change it. Yes, you can overwrite it but it doesn't mean it didn't happen or that by ignoring it, it will go away.

That was then, but this is now.

quote from your post

"you might also like to read about the torture and rape squads Ukraine sent out before the invasion, no one is squeaky clean."

Do you have any proof of that, links etc or are we expected to just take your words as gospel?

Try doing some research for yourself, you can start with the Tornado Battalion.

9 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

You are notably consistent in your terror of reading anything not parroting USA Empire corporate media.

What makes you think I'm over taken with terror when reading TASS or even RT? I actually find Margarita Simonyan head or RT news quite amusing when she goes into one of her rants much like this one:

"for 10 years or more, she's been dreaming about censorship, banning Western media and Russia becoming like China by achieving total information control. Most of all, Simonyan doesn't want the idea of freedom to ever come back to Moscow."

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

What makes you think I'm over taken with terror when reading TASS or even RT? I actually find Margarita Simonyan head or RT news quite amusing when she goes into one of her rants much like this one:

"for 10 years or more, she's been dreaming about censorship, banning Western media and Russia becoming like China by achieving total information control. Most of all, Simonyan doesn't want the idea of freedom to ever come back to Moscow."

"for 10 years or more, she's been dreaming about censorship, banning Western media and Russia becoming like China by achieving total information control. Most of all, Simonyan doesn't want the idea of freedom to ever come back to Moscow."

What she wishes is already there.

Russia has consolidated media to where 90% of media companies are owned by 6 mega corporations.

They are also allowing companies owned by a few of the wealthiest oligarchs in the world to decide whose voices can be heard on their social media platforms, so only 1 side is heard, even banning a former head of state.

OOPS!

My mistake - I got confused -  all of that is the USA.

Edited by JimmyJ
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Try harder.......................

The first ship carrying grain from Ukraine for people in the hungriest parts of the world has docked at Djibouti, on the Horn of Africa, as areas of east Africa are badly affected by deadly drought and conflict.

Food security experts say it is a drop in the bucket for the vast needs in the worst-hit countries of Somalia, Kenya and Ethiopia, the country to which the shipment is going. But the flow of Ukrainian grain to other hungry parts of the world is expected to continue, with another ship leaving on Tuesday for Yemen. The UN World Food Programme has said it was working on multiple ships.

i talked about the first ships and the later ships

oohhh woowww this news is from last week !!!!  and where all the ships from the last 2 month going ( babyys cant wait 2 month) ??? when wheat was short ???   38% to Eu  , followed by china and turkey. even after aegypt and libanon reject the wheat .

Than it goes to africa , the last part

Just now, lapamita said:

i talked about the first ships and the later ships

oohhh woowww this news is from last week !!!!  and where all the ships from the last 2 month going ( babyys cant wait 2 month) ??? when wheat was short ???   38% to Eu  , followed by china and turkey. even after aegypt and libanon reject the wheat .

Than it goes to africa , the last part

and the first ship in your post NOT mean the first ship leaving ( it was turkey)  NO it means the first ship from all ships goes to africa

pls intepreate news correctly