What Would You Do If You Had More Money

KIngsofisaan

On second thought, maybe I would buy a bar in Nana, look for the best girls in all the other bars and pay them double to dance in my place.

Then maybe new uniforms every day or something like the Thai version of Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. I am sure something would come to my mind. ????

victorias-secret-runway-promo.jpg

• Like 1

Maybe i travel more comfortably. Even now i have money to pay bussiness class ticket, mostly i take economy class ticket. Always try to use trick to lvl up in plane! Like in Finnair i have many times lvl up in plane from economy to bussiness class. Has cost about 200€ Helsinki-BKK ,if buy direct bussiness class ticket cost 700€ more. ???? 

Edited by 2 is 1

Unless it's a huge amount of money I don't think my life would change very much.  Maybe upgrade a bit here and there.  I did inherit some money last year.  Invested half of it in stocks and banked the other half while I think about what to do with it.  My parents were conservative with money--likely why I inherited some--and I guess that rubbed off on me.  

8 hours ago, simon43 said:

Indeed, one motto of an educational venture that I established yonks ago is "A little extra goes a long way".  For example, the full-colour, illustrated bilingual (English/Burmese) story books that I buy for school kids in Myanmar cost a mere $1 USD each! The local translation of the English language science text books that are used by high school grades at government schools cost just $3 USD (500 pages seemingly written on rice paper!).  It's a very small amount, but can make a big difference to someone's life.

I personally don't have many material goods.  No house, no car, no motorbike, no savings, no share portfolio, no rich uncle etc - just my computer and ham radio gear.  Were I to receive a windfall or increase in my monthly income, I wouldn't spend it on myself, because I'm very with what I have already ????

Not counting all the personal drama you went through, are you happier now, or during the happy times when you were a hotel owner?

22 minutes ago, kohjumboy said:

I would buy back the house i sold 4 years ago and move back to Thailand.

The biggest mistake of my life and i have regretted it ever since. 

Never leave. ☹️

Very sobering.

what did you expect from your return to home nation that it didn't de!iver?

3 hours ago, kohjumboy said:

Spending 5 weeks back there in the summer of 2018 where the weather was hot and sunny every day, very rare in the UK, also the world cup was on and England were doing well, there was a good positive feeling in the country because of a combination of those two things and i had a fantastic 5 weeks.

You know now, but always best to avoid moving anywhere based on a holiday. Holiday mode never lasts.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KIngsofisaan said:

Not counting all the personal drama you went through, are you happier now, or during the happy times when you were a hotel owner?

Much happier now!  Much, much less stress to deal with (no greedy wives, no fussy customers, no dealing with useless maintenance workers etc).  I walked away from all that stress years ago. Now I do everything on my terms and spend my income how I want (my ex-families hate me!)

• Like 2

I have a reasonable degree of wealth and as a wise and loved mentor of mine told me many years ago (he's a savvy and well off and [once] hard working man) ... "Money does not make you happy Phil, it does however make you busier." 

I spend and enjoy my money (and share it with others).

I know what it is to live from pay-check to pay-check, with zero security, and I thoroughly enjoy not having to worry about that anymore.

I have kicked the brainwashing of Calvinistic self-denial and penal attitudes of rigid frugality to the kerb.

Edited by Tropposurfer
  • Like 1