24 year old German Finnish speaking foreigner missing in Thailand

webfact

Hate to sound like my father, although as I got older I finally appreciated his 2 years in a POW camp, but kids can be too woke these days and very naive! One thing when I traveled as a young man 19-21, I was always aware of my surroundings and who I was with, drugs can cut through that alertness protection, not to say he is on drugs, but things are not always what they appear to be. I hope he is going safe and sound

• Like 1

I would be very p...ed off if someone would publish a search warrant,  with pictures and personal details,  just because allegedly i didn't call home for 3 weeks!!! I am an adult,  for heavens sake. And I have the right to some privacy. Don't publish my pics on a forum for aging tourists who could be my grandpas!

Immigration reports that he left Thailand for Laos long ago.

And that he is "a frequent visitor to Thailand", so maybe not what we would call a "tourist" (but Thai media call every foreigner a tourist). "Frequent visitor" often means living here by exploiting visa loopholes. Probably teaching Finnish.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DualSportBiker said:

No, they are statements suggesting that times should not have changed.

In order to suggest that times "should not have changed", someone is clearly stating that times have changed.  Whether they celebrate that concept or wish it wasn't the case, acknowledgement remains a key part of it.

3 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

In order to suggest that times "should not have changed", someone is clearly stating that times have changed.  Whether they celebrate that concept or wish it wasn't the case, acknowledgement remains a key part of it.

So do you think that their core message is 'times have changed' not 'in my day, we were tough'?

On 9/14/2022 at 5:35 PM, riverhigh said:

Another question I would be asking is he on meds. Has he a history of mental illness or mental disorders? It is not uncommon in Europe for individuals who are not suitable for travel to be granted a passport based on their human rights. If this is the case then his embassy is morally obligated to get involved and disclose all information. Governsments issuing passports to the mentally ill must be held responsible for their actions.

Please, don't be silly. If he was sane enough to go through all the procedures to obtain a passport then he is entitled to have one, as simple as that 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Shocked farang said:

Please, don't be silly. If he was sane enough to go through all the procedures to obtain a passport then he is entitled to have one, as simple as that 

Would you happen to know whether he did it all himself, and whether there is a sanity test required to obtain a German passport .

• Haha 1

On 9/14/2022 at 1:20 PM, Skallywag said:

He is 24, not a kid. Need some clarification.  Does he normally IG his mom?  That seems odd, why not text or just call.  Did he buy a Thai sim card or use someone else's phone to IG his mom.?  Maybe he wants to go off grid for a month? Has the mother contacted his friends where she is?  Can his bank check his ATM withdrawals? 

I remember my first trips to Thailand in the 90's.  No calls, no mobile phones, no internet really available.  Sent a few post cards, most did not arrive until I got back a month later. 

If he is "missing" hope someone has seen him and reports back!  

My mum was a drama queen. No calls 3 weeks think you were dead. She was like this her whole life.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, GinBoy2 said:

Back in the day we maybe called our parents once a month, at best. Nowadays if the kids don't call home within a day it's a full scale child abduction! Jeez he's an adult he's allowed to go AWOL for a while without getting Interpol involved

How difficult is it to send a quick email, selfish kid, or mental issues