The Base Condo - how much are rentals these days?

bbi1

Are 1 bedroom condos renting from 6k baht per month these days at The Base? I remember pre-Covid they were renting for about double that rate.

Looking at Hipflat it looks like there are a number of them starting at that price range: https://www.hipflat.com/projects/the-base-central-pattaya-zuiltg

It would be great if 6k - 8k baht per month was the going rate these days.

Edited by bbi1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

going by facebook adverts rents are on the way back to pre covid levels, I've not seen any 8k Base ones in a while

Agents use Facebook adverts are for clueless newbies. You can still get cheap rents. Maybe a crappy floor and view, but still cheap.

There will always be a few cheap deals around, but I don't think that cheap any longer, prices are back at just below pre-covid levels now. 

I have my three units rented and all are just -10% of where they were before covid. But like the base they are good developments. You may get lucky if a local Thai owner has a lot of units mortgaged as these were the guys reducing rents by 50% during covid period just to keep the banks away but most of these are now on the anniversary of renewals so many people in Pattaya are going to get a shock when their rent doubles.

I may be wrong, but you will be lucky to find any modern developments at 6-8K in central Pattaya. 

Yeah right ..is this some wind up?there are 100s of condos for rent around Pattaya around 5000 plus.its a renters market. It's seems they have over built in Pattaya jomtein and naklua . condos in view taleys which there are many start at 4000.

39 minutes ago, mell said:

Yeah right ..is this some wind up?there are 100s of condos for rent around Pattaya around 5000 plus.its a renters market. It's seems they have over built in Pattaya jomtein and naklua . condos in view taleys which there are many start at 4000.

are all those cheaper places near The Base?

• Like 1

The very cheapest places might be missing some of the things normally included in the price: TV, fridge, microwave, some furniture. Maybe not a big problem if you are a long-stayer and can buy yourself.

Edited by champers

Would there generally be some units available to rent if I just turned up at the reception window at The Base and enquired? I'll probably stay at a hotel for a few days when I arrive and sort out my longer term accommodation once I'm there.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

too low in general for the base or that level of building. if you need around 4-8k look at a place like nirun condos.

Nice try ???? 

If it were too low, there would not be advertisements showing that price. But there are.

That level of building? Is it a high level?

Seems more like a dormitory than a serious place to live. Tiny and inexpensively appointed rooms.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Would there generally be some units available to rent if I just turned up at the reception window at The Base and enquired? I'll probably stay at a hotel for a few days when I arrive and sort out my longer term accommodation once I'm there.

rocking up to the condo can't hurt. you've got nothing to lose, not like it's in the middle of nowhere ????

On 9/19/2022 at 5:19 AM, bbi1 said:

There are a couple vloggers who live in town. That's all they do is turn up unannounced and look at rooms available.

8 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

Nice try ???? 

If it were too low, there would not be advertisements showing that price. But there are.

That level of building? Is it a high level?

Seems more like a dormitory than a serious place to live. Tiny and inexpensively appointed rooms.

Try Nirun, it's central just not smack dab in the center. Cheap rooms, many with city/sea views. It's not for people who want or need fancy. Older building. Rental office on ground floor of large tower building. There are almost always units available. The cheap rooms don't usually make it to the online listings, you need to visit to find them.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Thanks 1

On 9/19/2022 at 2:19 PM, bbi1 said:

I suspect there would be.

The Base has gone down since another building was erected before it. I never liked The Base or Centric. I visited some condos there years ago. The pools are small ("infinity pools" = small pools). It's a good idea to go and look for yourself. You may be shown an apartment with a tolerable view and good equipment. What I also find a pain in the neck (pun intended) in Thailand rentals are the hard mattresses.

• Like 1

I plan to go to Pattaye in November, staying there until April. Base would be good. My budget is 10000 a month. I would also go to Naklua like Lumpini or Jomtien. I was in Pattaya before. What is the best way to find a nice 1 room Apto. Where could I find a place on the internet.

On 9/20/2022 at 11:58 AM, JackGats said:

What I also find a pain in the neck (pun intended) in Thailand rentals are the hard mattresses.

I used to stay in really cheap rooms when traveling around. I would get these foam mattresses (no springs) that had a towel for a blanket and no upper sheet.

Guests slept with a towel for a blanket. The towel, pillow case and fitted sheet usually had some kind of cheesy cartoon on it or weird pink or bright blue colors like ones sold in China for children ????.

I even remember having to discard a grungy small dirty pillow that I did not want my face on and use a towel from the bathroom, or my pants to stuff in a pillow case instead.

In one place a large roach (I think a water roach) was on my pants in the main room and I flicked it off. Later that night hours later it crawled onto the bed and bit me on the back while I was sleeping. I'm sure it was the same bug I had flicked off earlier. ???? Of course, I did not hurt it, just put it out the window. ????‍♂️

Edited by JimTripper
  • Haha 1

I was paying 13k in a larger one bedroom on a high floor in building A.  But, I left The Base it is very popular was a zoo pre Covid Chinese and other illegal short term rentals 100's of them coming and going everyday.  The management will do nothing about it.  I live in Naklua now and love it.

Edited by bkk6060

7 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I was paying 13k in a larger one bedroom on a high floor in building A.  But, I left The Base it is very popular was a zoo pre Covid Chinese and other illegal short term rentals 100's of them coming and going everyday.  The management will do nothing about it.  I live in Naklua now and love it.

Yes, it's just a large hotel, with some residents. 

Newly completed The Edge next door, is also advertised for daily rental.

Apparently, allowing thousands of condo's in Central Pattaya to be used as daily rental hotels has no effect on the profitability of nearby hotels.  ????

2 hours ago, Screaming said:

Condo rentals are very cheap right now. I pay 44,000 Baht for a 175 SM, three bedroom, 3 bath large unit right on the beach. A unit like this would rent for 6000 US dollars on a Florida Beach.

DSC02615.JPG

Do the beach and people look as good as Florida?