Multiple foreigners and a Thai national allegedly involved in child trafficking in Pattaya nabbed

webfact

If found guilty, the photographs of the foreigners should be posted in  departure gates, of their respective countries capital cities  and Thai entry and departure points outlining their crimes and their sentences.

• Like 2

Probably plenty of this going on in Pattaya which is why it's  known as the sin city of Thailand world wide 

The people involved need a prison sentence to let others know the consequences of their actions will have a serious impact on their future here in Thailand 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

And the other detail you could have added more clearly are the listed ages of the various supposed bar girls listed on the police chart:

16, 15, 14, 15, 15, 15, 15, 12

see: https://aseannow.com/topic/1274096-multiple-foreigners-and-a-thai-national-allegedly-involved-in-child-trafficking-in-pattaya-nabbed/#comment-17652542

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Enoon said:

If it had been "farangs" they would have happily stated their individual round eyed, chalk faced ethnic/national origins......they always do with "whitey".

Almost certainly the individuals concerned were the "real friends" of Thailand..........who are defintely not you or anyone of your, or my, "shade".

The truth seldom pleases.

Sorry, but did you read the post and look at the picture? I will refresh your memory:-

image.jpeg.088e5d6aef6a79b3a517ac03b5d38e8d.jpeg

...........two foreign suspected child sex offenders."

"The couple, a Thai national named Ms. A (alias), 43, and a British national named Mr. Tacker, 60,......."

So, of the four people in the picture, how many would you say are  "the "real friends" of Thailand..........who are defintely not you or anyone of your, or my, "shade".?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Dont confuse me said:

The only 'forcing' done will most likely be by the parents, getting the daughter to send some money home!

These children, as young as 12, were being taken by the bar owner to his 'clients' in Pattaya hotels.

If you think that's OK, well . . .

There was a very similar situation in 2015 when an Englishman, 70s, based in Sa Kaeo and his wife - with a bar in Pattaya - were charged with under-age procurement; she served 3 yrs 9 months of a 5 year jail sentence; he died at his home pending his own court appearance - reported as 'natural causes' but more likely self-inflicted. Unrelated but he was a regular poster on this forum under its previous name, a regular Philippines tourist with his Pattaya 'friends'. A pity he took the easy way out.

Also - the Thai Police site lists the Brish man's surname as Thacker. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

I would further suggest that making an example of them, because they are foreign (and therefore may have access to money) is also wrong. Justice is after all supposed to be blind. Try them according to the evidence, and sentence appropriately, the same sentence for the Thai or the Farang.

If they are sentenced the same as Thais, there's a fair chance they might walk out of court scot-free.

I must say it's nice to see an arrest without Aussies in the mix, for a change.

8 hours ago, proton said:

Pattaya is probably awash with girls under 20 at it, why make an example of these people? Adding trafficking to the charges always makes it sound like slavery but I doubt the girls were forced. The place only exists for girls selling sex.

Someone underage (18 by international UN Convention ratified by around 200 countries) cannot legally sell sex, and since they cannot... it is by default non-consensual - which means trafficking is applicable.   [same logic behind statutory rape - no defence of it 'was consensual'].  Widely publicized nabbing of them, makes it more difficult to let it slide for money... even if it was possible - most western countries laws on this subject extend to their citizens travelling in other countries.  I can pretty much guarantee that someone from each of those embassies are in contact with Thai police requesting to be kept abreast of all the legal evidence as well. 

Edited by bkkcanuck8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

Sounds like deflection from one of their own who ran amok this week killing so many innocents.   I can hear it now:

"ok so whose weekly envelope can we do without while we fill the papers and tv screens with a big story where these farang are exploiting Thais, especially kids, and yeah add some trafficking and child sex, that will do it while we slip out the back door"

It's great that they saved these kids.  That should be the focus.

However, you are right,  that is how political leaders do damage control thru media manipulation for sure:

create or focus on another situation that pulls the spotlight away from what they don't want dwelled on.

Although I don't know how much better this looks for the city.

Edited by Dart12

40 minutes ago, VinnieK said:

How do we know the poor schmucks weren't there just drinking?

Maybe it is a shakedown..

Because the two others 'customers' were caught having girl/s taken to their hotel room.

As they are both charged with crimes related to under 15 child as well as other offences this would suggest the 12 year old. 

Clear enough.

Edited by gomangosteen
  • Like 1

Years ago whilst in Krabi, I used to frequent this expat bar and the owner told me that the bar opposite was infamous for having underage girls working there. I noticed that police vehicles were parked in front of that particular bar frequently. I thought it was good that the police tried doing something about it and one night I shared those thoughts with the owner of the expat bar. He laughed at me and said: "That's not what they're doing there, mate" How was I ever that naive?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

Sounds like deflection from one of their own who ran amok this week killing so many innocents.   I can hear it now:

"ok so whose weekly envelope can we do without while we fill the papers and tv screens with a big story where these farang are exploiting Thais, especially kids, and yeah add some trafficking and child sex, that will do it while we slip out the back door"

Making excuses are you ? Shame they weren’t caught before. It’s messing with kids . With all the girls in Pattaya I’d have thought there was enough choice without using kids ! 

1 hour ago, HauptmannUK said:

I do wonder if the 'customers' were aware of the ages - probably thought the hotels would check the girl's ID ?

I am sure we've all been with, or at least seen, girls that looked about 15 but were actually over 18.

I would say the problem is being attracted to girls who look so young. Choose someone older if you must. 

• Thanks 1