Quick Autopsy of Massacre Victims Ordered

webfact

image.jpeg

BANGKOK, – The public health minister mobilized forensic doctors to speed up the autopsy of the bodies of 37 victims in the killing rampage in Nong Bua Lam Phu province and expected to hand all the bodies to relatives today for their religious ceremonies. . He also assigned psychiatrists to assist all affected families.

The Public Health Ministry offered the services while seven injured people remained at hospital. Of them, five were in intensive care units, comprising three children and two adults. Most of them suffered cuts in their heads.

Regarding the massacre in Nong Bua Lam Phu on Oct 6, Deputy Prime Minister and Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said that yesterday he deployed 10 forensic doctors to handle bodies from the case and he hoped that all the 37 bodies of victims could be handed to relatives. late this morning.

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-1033504

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai News Agency 2022-10-08

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Conflicting reports …. Was he or wasn’t he on drugs the day of massacre… ..

Police, said the murderer was under narcotic influence and stress…. and another said no drugs found when tested…. 

I am not familiar with Thai procedures but perhaps a cursory examination by the relevant medical authority is needed in order to issue a death certificate?

5 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

Conflicting reports …. Was he or wasn’t he on drugs the day of massacre… ..

I'm not sure this will ever be answered. Either way, under the influence or in the throes of withdrawal or fully recovered, it may not matter? The deceased remain so, and their families grief will not be ameliorated by such a determination?

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

I am not familiar with Thai procedures but perhaps a cursory examination by the relevant medical authority is needed in order to issue a death certificate?

A Thai doctor must  confirm death before a death certificate is issued.  I have seen it twice in our village when elderly people died.

How terrible is this? There is absolutely no doubt whatsoever, by what all these children died. So, why on Earth, does an absolute incompetent - in medical terms - minister "order" autopsies? 
Do these parents really want the bodies of their lost loved ones checked, which of all those bullets killed their little one? Is there in respect stipulated in Buddhism to avoid this additional psychiatric mega pain? 

Maybe I am wrong, maybe some Thais are just non-human creatures and then it would answer the minister's "instruction". What a terrifying and terrible man, character and politician ???? 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

In the UK the coroner would require the results of the autopsy to establish the cause of death, if the death was not from natural causes. I assume Thailand has a similar law?

I doubt it......

Foreigners yes, an autopsy required, 

(In the UK death in a hospital/hospice does not require an autopsy), 

On 10/9/2022 at 4:50 PM, Sydebolle said:

How terrible is this? There is absolutely no doubt whatsoever, by what all these children died. So, why on Earth, does an absolute incompetent - in medical terms - minister "order" autopsies? 
Do these parents really want the bodies of their lost loved ones checked, which of all those bullets killed their little one? Is there in respect stipulated in Buddhism to avoid this additional psychiatric mega pain? 

Maybe I am wrong, maybe some Thais are just non-human creatures and then it would answer the minister's "instruction". What a terrifying and terrible man, character and politician ???? 

Just say you hate Anutin, period.

If you really want to comment on the specific piece of news, then read it first and try to comprehend it before spouting nonsense.

These top medical minds will likely find a body pumped full of lead, or injured by a sharp instrument as the cause of death. 

Why on earth would they be being doing an autopsy on the victims? Deos this not seem callous and hurtful to the families of the victims? Were they given a choice to refuse this indignity? Talk about a lack of grace. Am I missing something here? 

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

These top medical minds will likely find a body pumped full of lead, or injured by a sharp instrument as the cause of death. 

Why on earth would they be being doing an autopsy on the victims? Deos this not seem callous and hurtful to the families of the victims? Were they given a choice to refuse this indignity? Talk about a lack of grace. Am I missing something here? 

Could be a legal requirement ?

12 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Correct.  Time and cause of death need to be recorded. Not unusual at all.

Essentially, requirement for producing a death certificate. For some of the adults killed,  the teacher and provincial admin office staff, may be covered by insurance through their employment.

On 10/11/2022 at 3:48 PM, arithai12 said:

Just say you hate Anutin, period.

If you really want to comment on the specific piece of news, then read it first and try to comprehend it before spouting nonsense.

Those who can read are enjoying the advantage of getting my thoughts ........