Thai immigration withdraw tourist visas of two CNN reporters

webfact

From my brief review of responses.  CNN can be biased, has low moral and ethical standards, use the human flaw in our brain that we seek and remember more negative and extreme events.  CNN will only broadcast limited events that are positive and/or of something that benefits the community or society. 

We all make our own choses.  I chose to seek and watch news that can benefit me or add value to my life.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Who said anything about them being on tourist visa's ?

It literally says it in the title of the article. The original article also states that they were not allowed to be journalists without a press pass (which they didn't have). Only a tourist visa. Surely they knew this, and didn't care.

Screen Shot 2565-10-10 at 10.32.18 AM.png

31 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

The only people saying that they got permission were the reporters.

If they had legitimately gotten permission, the Thai reporters association would have been up in arms.

The reason for a tourist visa is that it would take too long to get accredited. 

They are the only international company that went inside.

Also considering that they were not accredited reporters and there on a tourist visa it means that they were not reporters but strictly tourists that wanted to get their pictures taken inside of the building.

Considering that the Clinton News Network never covered many of the other things happening and rushed to cover a mass shooting that fuels their gun paranoia says a lot.

Copied from CNN website

"Smears of dried blood still stained the wooden floor of a classroom in northeastern Thailand on Friday, a day after one of the country’s worst massacres unfolded in perhaps one of the most unlikely places.

At the Child Development Center Uthai Sawan, school bags sat uncollected on colored shelves, and photos of children smiled from the wall, clipped into place with pegs near cardboard cut-outs of ladybirds."

Go search social media there are plenty of photo's and video's inside the building and even of dead bodies so someone was letting reporters in or probably just not stopping them. Also why did they only have Tourist Visas is so difficult to get a Press Visa or maybe it takes too long? Personally I don't think they wanted international press snooping around and so weren't giving out Visas.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

the cordon had been put back in place, so the team needed to climb over the fence at the centre to leave.

As a retired UK police forensic scientist, IMO the team's behavior was disgraceful. The first most important action is the preservation of the scene with only authorized investigating and support officers entering the cordoned off area (to prevent contamination). But this is Thailand and the Koh Tao murder scene comes to mind with, IMO, the wrongful prosecution of the two Burmese lads.

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

As a retired UK police forensic scientist, IMO the team's behavior was disgraceful. The first most important action is the preservation of the scene with only authorized investigating and support officers entering the cordoned off area (to prevent contamination). But this is Thailand and the Koh Tao murder scene comes to mind with, IMO, the wrongful prosecution of the two Burmese lads.

There is no doubt who dunnit. 

7 minutes ago, monkfish said:

Go search social media there are plenty of photo's and video's inside the building and even of dead bodies so someone was letting reporters in or probably just not stopping them. Also why did they only have Tourist Visas is so difficult to get a Press Visa or maybe it takes too long? Personally I don't think they wanted international press snooping around and so weren't giving out Visas.

They shouldn't be working on tourist visas, kick them out.

• Haha 1

Reporters know the rules and these two would have known that you don't ask health people but rather you would ask the police in charge of the crime seen they are at, well thats my thoughts on it, also seems that these two like the grisly aspect of this cruel slaughter to defy general protocols worldwide. Break the law suffer the penalty 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kingstonkid said:

The reason for a tourist visa is that it would take too long to get accredited. 

That is also a proof that the Thai visa system is outdated. A visa should not take too long for journalists who already have a place in Thailand. But we all know how it works.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

That is also a proof that the Thai visa system is outdated. A visa should not take too long for journalists who already have a place in Thailand. But we all know how it works.

A work permit or business visa take much longer to get, also 'hassle' and expense, much easier & cheaper & quicker just to go in on a tourist visa. The same would be true in very many countries.

Edited by Andrew65

6 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

A work permit or business visa take much longer to get, also 'hassle' and expense, much easier & cheaper & quicker just to go in on a tourist visa. The same would be true in very many countries.

Don't need to tell because I know and I know also how long it takes to get a workpermit and how many copies of everything you need. Again outdated systems

4 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Who said anything about them being on tourist visa's ?

Read the linked main story and it clearly states that an immigration official checked their visa's and it was found that they only had "Tourist Visa's" and they were working as reporters for CNN. So they lied on their visa applications as well.

4 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

Don't need to tell because I know and I know also how long it takes to get a workpermit and how many copies of everything you need. Again outdated systems

Over 20 years ago I had to get 120 passport photos for an Algerian work visa. This was before digital photography really took off. 30 strips of 4 photos cost £75, in one of those old photo booths.

Some years later I got a Saudi work permit (an 'agama') for which you HAD to use a visa agent. Cost quite a bit of money and involved an overnight stop in London.

Edited by Andrew65

3 hours ago, fredge45 said:

Seems that, in this case, the idiot was not the ones reporting the story.  The reporters had permission from those they thought had the power to grant the permission.

Quite so. However it turns out the cops who gave them permission did not have the authority to do so.

Will they also get prosecuted for exceeding their authority?

• Like 1