Thailand believes condemnation will reduce chances of resolving conflict in Ukraine

webfact

17 hours ago, bobbin said:

For Russia this is another quagmire like Afghanistan and likely , in best case scenario, to result in a similar withdrawal.

To my recollection the Russians only withdrew from Afghanistan because Gorbachev became leader.

I suspect the only way they will withdraw from Ukraine is if Putin is removed.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

In other words, we believe condemnation would increase the risk to Thailand. We believe that by not criticizing Russia's genocide against women and children, they will be nice to us. And morality does not factor into the equation, as the administration is controlled by the army here. Enough said. 

The primary purpose of any "democratic" government is to do whatever is best for the country. If not offending China is best for Thailand, then IMO that is what they will do.

• Like 2

On 10/15/2022 at 1:14 AM, rattlesnake said:

Western leaders will fight till the last Ukrainian and trigger WWIII in an attempt to quell the major social unrest which has now become inevitable in their countries due to their policies.

If this forum is any indicator, they are succeeding. US domestic affairs are taking a back seat in comparison to the threads about Ukraine.

• Like 2

On 10/15/2022 at 3:12 AM, Tug said:

It’s a shame in my opinion that Thailand doesent seem to be willing to stand up for what is morally correct in condemning Russias war of conquest .perhaps they are licking their chops at opertunity some cheap fuel ?who knows for sure imo it certainly gives Thailand a black eye sad

Except perhaps for some on social media and this forum, the abstention will, IMO, be forgotten soon as the next "big thing" comes along.

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Are there demonstrations in the street demanding that Thailand support the west's stance on Ukraine?

If not, I doubt they are concerned. Probably waaaaay more worried about the economy and how they are going to survive amid political turmoil, economic problems, floods etc.

Europe is far away.

So is Russia.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2022 at 6:54 AM, JimmyJ said:

You recall incorrectly.

There is no evidence that Lenin ever used that phrase.

Lenin , Stalin , Radista or Von Mises , ' Useful idiots ' or ' Simpletons ' ?

Take your pick , either way the message is clear and apropras to several on this thread.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/14/2022 at 8:13 AM, 4MyEgo said:

Finally, someone with the balls to tell it how it is, not what the mainstream media is feeding all, good to see some people are woke.

It is what it is and as you said, "the arrogant parties of the west refused to even talk", that says it all.

Utter nonsense !  

• Thumbs Up 2

15 hours ago, billd766 said:

So is Russia.

Lots of Russian tourists in LOS, Ukrainians not so much ( are they even a presence in LOS at all? ).

Which country would TAT be supporting if they had the choice? Which country would establishments and staff that cater to Russians be supporting?

Are there any establishments that cater to Ukrainians at all?

3 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:

Hardly ,democratic governments are not one dimensional.

Your point is moot anyway , Thailand does not enjoy democratic governance.

Does any country have real "democracy"? Nevertheless, the Thai government, whether for benefit of the country, or benefit of themselves IMO will do what is best for the Thai economy and security.

• Haha 2

On 10/14/2022 at 1:50 PM, dukebowling said:

Good for Thailand.  Sensible to stay neutral.  

Russia is villified for trying to stabilize its neighbor. They are further justified by the threat of the western funded Biolabs discovered.

Referendums confirm what the people want.  The 30% that didn't vote could be considered a no vote because of Ukraine's threat to persecute anyone who votes. This still is a landslide in favor of Russia.  

Ukraine was badly divided anyway - West was Nazi aligned, East was Russia aligned.

Globalist have to create a fictional story because anywhere there are oil resources, the deep state corruption will follow.

Hilarious, especially the part about Russia trying to stabilize its neighbor.

I do agree with the last sentence.  Oil has funded the deep state corruption of Putin's government.

Edited by heybruce
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

To add -- kindly desist from your emoji stalking behavior. Seven in the last two hours.

I am hardly stalking you.

You post in numerous threads.

I am reading this specific thread and reacting.

I am not following you thread by thread that you post in.

If I come across your posts in any

other thread it is by chance.

Edited by JimmyJ
  • Thumbs Up 1

Off topic posts bickering about emoticon usage have been removed:

11. You will not stalk other members by using forum posts, private messages, the use of emojis or any other means.

Off topic posts and replies trolling about Trump, Trumpists, the stolen election etcetera have been removed.

Resolving the conflict in Ukraine ? 

There will be no negotiations or arbitration because the indiscriminate damage inflicted on Ukraine by narcissist Putin has gone too far and hatred will be rife between the two countries for many years to come ( assuming that no nuclear weapons are used ) .

Apologies for digressing slightly but there is now a situation that I have not seen discussed in the media and that is the following . NATO arms support to Ukraine on the proviso that weapons are used in Ukraine as a defence of their country against Russia . However what is happening now is that Russia is launching major missile and drone attacks on Ukraine from within Russia . So what is the scenario if Russia continues to bombard Ukraine from inside Russia and there is no retaliation ? 

The whole war is a farce and likened to a boxing match where one man has his hands tied behind his back . Russia is using mercenaries contracted from a company called Wagner Group that also employ some foreign soldiers . The Wagner Group has within Neo Nazis within its hierarchy . NATO has to get involved and assist Ukraine with NATO military and hit Russia hard .  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, superal said:

Resolving the conflict in Ukraine ? 

There will be no negotiations or arbitration because the indiscriminate damage inflicted on Ukraine by narcissist Putin has gone too far and hatred will be rife between the two countries for many years to come ( assuming that no nuclear weapons are used ) .

Apologies for digressing slightly but there is now a situation that I have not seen discussed in the media and that is the following . NATO arms support to Ukraine on the proviso that weapons are used in Ukraine as a defence of their country against Russia . However what is happening now is that Russia is launching major missile and drone attacks on Ukraine from within Russia . So what is the scenario if Russia continues to bombard Ukraine from inside Russia and there is no retaliation ? 

The whole war is a farce and likened to a boxing match where one man has his hands tied behind his back . Russia is using mercenaries contracted from a company called Wagner Group that also employ some foreign soldiers . The Wagner Group has within Neo Nazis within its hierarchy . NATO has to get involved and assist Ukraine with NATO military and hit Russia hard .  

Wagner group also has prisoners that were released from long jail terms to fight for Russia in the war. A nuke dropped on the Kremlin might be the way to go.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

On what basis would NATO directly aid a non NATO country to attack Russia, so long as Russia was not threatening any NATO country?

Seems some are keen to start WW3.

That's a dilemma but its one brought about by Russia's own actions. Its not only NATO either providing military aid, other countries such as your own NZ, Australia and such are also assisting.

Russia is directly attacking Ukraine from within its own borders, especially  Belgorod. We know that Ukraine has struck various targets there already and continues to do so.

Russia is also launching missiles to strike Ukraine from Belarus, we know that Russia is actively trying to get Belarus to join them in its war on Ukraine. WW# is a concept Russia seems to be promoting.

Now we have the drone strikes, with many launch bases and stocks in Crimea, with Iranian military trainers on the ground there helping Russian forces

The Wests dilemma is its response. So far not rising to the bait.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

That's a dilemma but its one brought about by Russia's own actions. Its not only NATO either providing military aid, other countries such as your own NZ, Australia and such are also assisting.

Russia is directly attacking Ukraine from within its own borders, especially  Belgorod. We know that Ukraine has struck various targets there already and continues to do so.

Russia is also launching missiles to strike Ukraine from Belarus, we know that Russia is actively trying to get Belarus to join them in its war on Ukraine. WW# is a concept Russia seems to be promoting.

Now we have the drone strikes, with many launch bases and stocks in Crimea, with Iranian military trainers on the ground there helping Russian forces

The Wests dilemma is its response. So far not rising to the bait.

As I'm sure you know, there is a difference between the west giving weapons to Ukraine to use and ( as some apparently want ) western countries or NATO  attacking Russian forces directly.

I doubt Russia wants WW3 any more than we do, so IMO as long as it's only weapons to Ukrainian forces that is avoided.

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

As I'm sure you know, there is a difference between the west giving weapons to Ukraine to use and ( as some apparently want ) western countries or NATO  attacking Russian forces directly.

I doubt Russia wants WW3 any more than we do, so IMO as long as it's only weapons to Ukrainian forces that is avoided.

That's certainly not the evidence demonstrated by Russia so far and they have already delcared openly in Russian media that they are already in WW3 with NATO

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thumbs Up 1