Snoozing British driver gets spooked by police and crashes into Thai woman

snoop1130

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Mr. Martin Rionas, 67, sleeping inside the car and felt concerned,

67 in Pattaya!!!!   Afraid in Pattaya!!!  Scared in Pattaya!!!  Asleep in Pattaya!!!  I might know his great-grandaughter and she asked me, "why would he be in Pattaya???"

google "pattaya brit" and look at pictures.

police, girls, brits and accidents

there is a pattern

• Haha 1

From the original article:

"Mr. Martin was reportedly confused and refused to give a statement to the press."

Also, from the original article you can see Mr, Martin, nicley pressed shirt and trousers, stone-faced sitting calmly in a chair. Of course he wants to play the role of a confused and spooked old-fart. And so do the police want you to think that he is spooked and confused and, hence, the reason why they have not charged him. It is not in the best interests of the police to let the Thai justice system run its natural course while there is still time for money negotaition. There is a reaon why the police put in their report that "Ms. Savitree Seesun, 25, who (at time of accident) was offering food to a monk on the side of the road". They are going to put the screws on him when the negotiations start at the police station. I doubt very much that he will be charged with anything if he can come up with the money.  Before you expat sympathsizers get your hump up, remember it could have been you crossing the street or driving your vehicle while this selfish $%$!! was crashing into you while trying to escape the police.

Edited by riverhigh
Font size
  • Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

MG is an iconic British car brand.

The vehicle is built by Saic motor-CP in Thailand.

But the MG Headquarters is in Britain.

The headquarters may still be in the UK, but the brand is owned by SAIC, making it Chinese. 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Get your facts right!  The British HQ is owned by the Shanghai-based Chinese state-owned automaker, SAIC Motor, and has been since 2005.  MG cars haven't been made in The UK since 2016; They are imported mostly from China, but also Thailand.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ralf001 said:

MG was a British car brand. It was owned by the MG Rover Group until 2005. After that, the trademark rights were sold to China. The Chinese brand MG has been around ever since. MG Motor UK Limited, headquartered in Birmingham, has existed since 2006. It has been assembling cars for nine years[1] and, as of 2021, is selling four models produced in China under the MG brand name.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Pretty sure the forthcoming impact to his bank account will far outweigh the damage to the car, probably cost him near to 3-4 million

I doubt there’s 3-4 million worth of cars there and the MG looks repairable. First class insurance too I suspect.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Moti24 said:

Get your facts right!  The British HQ is owned by the Shanghai-based Chinese state-owned automaker, SAIC Motor, and has been since 2005.  MG cars haven't been made in The UK since 2016; They are imported mostly from China, but also Thailand.

Are you saying the MG headquarters are not in the UK ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

MG was a British car, it's now Chinese. Doesn't matter where the headquarters is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ezzra said:

Some people with narcolepsy condition experience automatic behavior during brief episodes of sudden urge to sleep where they fall a sleep uncontrollably and that probably what happened and this sis why he god spooked...

I get that when the missus starts on one.

3 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

Did a Brit run off with your first wife?

No, it´s enough with all other things they do make us all look stupid. However, if that would have been the case, i would be in debt to him forever.