Snoozing British driver gets spooked by police and crashes into Thai woman

snoop1130

12 minutes ago, blackshadow said:

never your wrong.....my uncle was still driving at 86!!!!!! in uk

My grandfather at 96. Died at 98 having never had a car accident since starting driving at age 17. I'm 80, and so far no car accident either. Hope I'm not tempting fate by daying that !

4 hours ago, BerndN said:

MG was a British car brand. It was owned by the MG Rover Group until 2005. After that, the trademark rights were sold to China. The Chinese brand MG has been around ever since. MG Motor UK Limited, headquartered in Birmingham, has existed since 2006. It has been assembling cars for nine years[1] and, as of 2021, is selling four models produced in China under the MG brand name.

MG cars have existed since 1924.

22 hours ago, ezzra said:

Some people with narcolepsy condition experience automatic behavior during brief episodes of sudden urge to sleep where they fall a sleep uncontrollably and that probably what happened and this sis why he god spooked...

No excuse though. If he has narcolepsy he should never be driving!

9 hours ago, riverhigh said:

From the original article:

"Mr. Martin was reportedly confused and refused to give a statement to the press."

Also, from the original article you can see Mr, Martin, nicley pressed shirt and trousers, stone-faced sitting calmly in a chair. Of course he wants to play the role of a confused and spooked old-fart. And so do the police want you to think that he is spooked and confused and, hence, the reason why they have not charged him. It is not in the best interests of the police to let the Thai justice system run its natural course while there is still time for money negotaition. There is a reaon why the police put in their report that "Ms. Savitree Seesun, 25, who (at time of accident) was offering food to a monk on the side of the road". They are going to put the screws on him when the negotiations start at the police station. I doubt very much that he will be charged with anything if he can come up with the money.  Before you expat sympathsizers get your hump up, remember it could have been you crossing the street or driving your vehicle while this selfish $%$!! was crashing into you while trying to escape the police.

Whoooa there tiger!????????????

8 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Another arrogant Kraut.

No shortage of those either.

Nah, that was wrong. Care to guess again? I mean, no problem. You can only make the same mistake twice. Right, Mr. UK?

Edited by Gottfrid

3 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

It has nothing to do with racism. It´s stands clear that they overrepresent the problems foreigner cause in Thailand. It´s called truth.

Remember that far more Brits live, and holiday in Thailand than almost any other nationality, they're over-represented.

On 10/14/2022 at 5:42 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Parked at the intersection ? Or just happened fall asleep at while waiting for the lights to change ?

Could be a DUI hence the attempt to escape.

very foolish behavior, glad no one was hurt.

At the very least he needs to lose his licence. 

I'd guess that the woman he hit and who was taken to hospital wouldn't agree that "no one was hurt"!

On 10/14/2022 at 6:02 PM, ezzra said:

Some people with narcolepsy condition experience automatic behavior during brief episodes of sudden urge to sleep where they fall a sleep uncontrollably and that probably what happened and this sis why he god spooked...

Nothing more to be said, then.  Have you informed the police investigating this accident of your findings?

• Like 1