Indian businessman attacked by "drunk" Thai woman after trouble over lost key card fine

webfact

yes, some hotels do take key deposit. 

Key card replacement might be even cheaper, than metal key. Most probably hotel has many replacements and can even make them onsite, so not paying for outside service.

That my particular hotel never took deposits, I had stayed with them many times previously. They haven't put key card on lost/damaged items list. So probably it was not an issue for them. They haven't called me back on my mobile.

once stayed in a place and they DIDN'T give me the small little token that opens up doors.  I asked them, "How can I open the front door?"  "Oh, you don't need that this week."  "OK, but remember you never gave me one."   "OK, OK, ok, ok , ok..........

check out.   "Where is your ...............??!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!"   Of course, of course.   Wanted to charge me, but didn't.

one place tried to charge 100 baht every time you locked your keys in your room, but then the residents would say, "Move out today!!!!!"     They swiftly provided the service for free.

losing keys is part of the LOS experience.....................being attacked?  not so much.  

• Like 2

Angry hotel tenant attacks Indian owner over having to pay for new key card in Pattaya
By Tanakorn Panyadee

image.jpeg

Pattaya — An unnamed female tenant allegedly attacked an Indian landlord over having to pay 1,000 baht for a new key card that she lost.

The salty tenant escaped an incident scene at the Honest Room Hotel in Pattaya immediately after allegedly hitting the 53-year-old Indian landlord, Mr. Hitesh Harivadan Shan, in the face with a metal hand sanitizer stand.

The blow left a long wound on Mr. Hitesh’s face, which was mended by Sawang Boriboon rescue workers who arrived at the hotel later around midnight today, October 15th.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/10/15/angry-hotel-tenant-attacks-indian-owner-over-having-to-pay-for-new-key-card-in-pattaya/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-10-15

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, internationalism said:

there not suppose to be "fine" for losing key card. 

It was not deliberate action, not her fault.

There might be replacement costs. But not making profit for the business. They have already made money by renting room.

Probably it would be wiser not to report lost card and just walk out from hotel, without saying anything.

Once I have lost hotel key card and fearing penalty charges I just walked out. I won't be able to come back there for sometimes, probably a year or two. In that hotel there was a laminated price list for every item in the room, in case of replacement. Key card was not listed there.  

Presumably people lose card when outside of room. So what happens to your stuff. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, brianthainess said:
49 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

and the second somehow claims that just after midnight is morning.

AM so yes it is morning 00.01am untill 12.01pm then it is after-noon.???? well thats what I remember from grade one at infant school.

If it's midnight and dark I'll always consider it night, not morning. The clue is in the word - midnight (middle of the night). No big deal.

5 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

If it's midnight and dark I'll always consider it night, not morning. The clue is in the word - midnight (middle of the night). No big deal.

But it is the start of a new day, so after midnight, it can be considered the morning. Mornings can be dark as well. 

As in 00.01 AM- the clue is in the AM…

I do agree however that it isn’t a big deal. 

2 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Presumably people lose card when outside of room. So what happens to your stuff. 

in my case I took key card with me, when going out, but my friend was in the room asleep. I needed the very same card for hotel entry, as reception was not manned at night.

Lucky we were departing the next day. 

Possibly that lady had not any or very little valuables left in the room. So when money was demanded from her on return, she walked/run away.

Overall, bad publicity for the owner. He might lose many clients for his hotel, as well as restaurant

7 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

Cover-Template-1100x620-New-copy53-768x433.jpg

Never mind the lost card fee or whether he had a work permit. Will you look at that nasty gash on his face. Whoever did that needs to be caught and punished.

No, apparently the emergency services 'mended' it.????????