THAI says load factor swings to 80% in early Oct, sees passenger traffic recovering, brings in 3 new Boeing 777 into service

webfact

image.jpeg

By Narudon Daisachulshu

Ailing national carrier – Thai Airways International Plc (THAI) came out to reveal that its load factor has been on an upswing and for the month of October the passenger load factor has seen a surge back to around 80%.

THAI came out to say that as tourism starts to revive, the cabin factor for its passenger traffic has seen a resurgence leading the airline to see a passenger load factor of 80% for the first 10-days of this month.

The airline that is still undergoing bankruptcy proceedings said that its average passenger traffic stood at 17,554 people per day from 2,092 people per day in January 2022.

Full story: https://www.thaienquirer.com/45332/thai-says-load-factor-swings-to-80-in-early-oct-sees-passenger-traffic-recovering-brings-in-3-new-boeing-777-into-service/

TE

-- © Copyright Thai Enquirer 2022-10-20

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

1 hour ago, edwinchester said:

State Railways Thailand called the 40 year old locomotives donated by Japan new after they received a fresh lick of paint. I wonder if this is TGs definition of new too?

the locomotives got some maintenance too, we hope......

41 minutes ago, London Lowf said:

My LHR-BKK flight last Saturday was 100% full, as was the onward hop to HKT.

(We sat on the ground at LHR for an hour as the crew could not get the LHS engine to start - we got into the air eventually but I'm glad that I'm not of a nervous disposition!)

It is definitely improving but still as of end August 18% of what it was in 2019.  Fewer flights is why your flight was 100% full. It will end well for Thailand but it might be a 1-2  more tough years.  When you checked in, this should have been obvious?  Remember how hectic it was prior Covid?

Flying tomorrow LHR-BKK on one of the new B777 planes with the first class cabin. Did same in August too. As it's a UK school holiday week ahead, the flight is totally full. On last check the roundtrip economy tickets were about £1,600 (but now sold out). The planes running BKK/LHR are all the new B777s - HS-TTA, HS-TTB and HS-TTC. Pretty much same interior as the older 777 300ERs. As British Airways are not currently flying BKK and EVA are only flying about 4 times weekly, it's no surprise that Thai Airways are so busy and prices so high.

15 hours ago, Ricardo said:

So when exactly will TG be refunding me the B22k they owe, for cancelled-flights in Summer-2020, or when will they even be willing to communicate about doing so ?

I would not hold my breath, I have accepted mine has gone!

16 hours ago, Ricardo said:

So when exactly will TG be refunding me the B22k they owe, for cancelled-flights in Summer-2020, or when will they even be willing to communicate about doing so ?

When legally required to, after everyone else is paid, and they are out of bankruptcy protection.

No time soon if in your lifetime.

On 10/20/2022 at 2:50 PM, Ricardo said:

As long as there are enough people booking with an airline which does not refund canceled flights, there is no reason to pay old debt. I congratulate Thai Airways on saving THB 50k with me. I spent a multiple thereof this year with another carrier.

• Like 1

"Whine Wednesdays: Thai Airways Catering Quality Has Sunk To A New Low Point"

https://loyaltylobby.com/2022/10/19/whine-wednesdays-thai-airways-catering-quality-has-sunk-to-a-new-low-point/

I wonder how there ever going to make a profit?

They still haven't refund people for cancelled flights from two years ago.

I'd fly Pakistan Air before Thai Airways.  That's saying as lot. 

22 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Flying tomorrow LHR-BKK on one of the new B777 planes with the first class cabin. Did same in August too. As it's a UK school holiday week ahead, the flight is totally full. On last check the roundtrip economy tickets were about £1,600 (but now sold out). The planes running BKK/LHR are all the new B777s - HS-TTA, HS-TTB and HS-TTC. Pretty much same interior as the older 777 300ERs. As British Airways are not currently flying BKK and EVA are only flying about 4 times weekly, it's no surprise that Thai Airways are so busy and prices so high.

Nice.

Hard to go wrong in First or Business class even with Thai Airways.

Hope it won't get cancelled 48 hours before departure.