TV problem

Kwasaki

JVC flat screen TV has HDMI1 and HDMI2.

With computer plugged into HDMI1 can get internet up on screen OK without having to do anything. 

Tried plugging into HDMI2 cannot get any response just want to confirm thats it's a fault with the TV's HDMI2.

25 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

On the remote a list comes up AV etc HD 1, HD2 switching to 2 no response so i guess something wrong with tv.

Thanks to all. 

Do not have that brand but on all I have used the inputs are listed as HDMI.  But inputs can fail (or require a magic touch) so may well be set fault.  Is this a new set?  There are switch's available if you need multi inputs to one HDMI.

• Thumbs Up 1

Buy a good/best quality HDMI cable, buy a can of electrical circuit cleaning spray, spray out the connection on the tv wait a bit for the freon spray to evaporate and plug in and see. Oh power off the tv at the set and wait a few minutes then turn on the set at the tv again.

Edited by Tropposurfer
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Do not have that brand but on all I have used the inputs are listed as HDMI.  But inputs can fail (or require a magic touch) so may well be set fault.  Is this a new set?  There are switch's available if you need multi inputs to one HDMI.

Yeah to you all gave it a clean use a new spare cable OK nows

Thanks guys. 

• Like 1

Simple test to ascertain whether the HDMI2 is functional is to plug the current HDMI1 lead into HDMI2 socket. Make sure MDMI2 input is selected and see what happens.

If still no input then it's probable that HDMI2 is faulty.

Try the same trick with the other lead into HDMI1 to confirm if that lead is working ok. 

• Thumbs Up 1