One worker killed, another seriously injured after trying to lift heavy glass panels in Pattaya

webfact

image.jpeg

PHOTO: ข่าวคนชล

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Pattaya — Several layers of large and heavy glass panels fell on two workers who were attempting to transport them in Pattaya, killing one and seriously injuring the other.

Sawang Boriboon rescue workers rushed to a Mitsubishi Motors car showroom on Soi Sukhumvit 11 in the Nong Pla Lai subdistrict of Banglamung at 2 PM yesterday, October 19th, after receiving a report of a serious accident.

The two victims, Mr. Surachai Duangdara (36) and Mr. Thanwa Sripiam (38) were found in critical condition near a six-wheeled truck carrying large glass panels.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/10/20/one-worker-killed-another-seriously-injured-after-trying-to-lift-heavy-glass-panels-in-pattaya/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-10-21

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

5 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Quite sure the police will not prosecute anyone , be down to staffing negligence. Also would not be surprised to see the building company go after the survivor for damaging their glass

Unfortunately, one of them tripped and dropped the glass on themselves.

That's flip flops for ya.

• Haha 1

They made a bad choice.  instead of taking 1 at a time they tried 3. I've seen it done a lot more in the UK. here they get paid for the day. In the UK they get paid for doing a set job. then they can go home. UG in Alloa Scotland. meet your quota for the day then go home still get paid a full shift. how much health and safety is being ignored when 10 people are doing their 8 hour shift in 4 hours...sadly we try to make shortcuts

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2022 at 5:47 AM, ozz1 said:

Occupational Health and safety issues   again here in Thailand  workers lives are worthless  to the elete

What occupational health and safety? 

Even the HSE training companies in Thailand use unsafe and expired equipment for training, and most of the trainers have no industry experience or knowledge.

When I worked offshore I remember training at a Thai company on the Eastern Seaboard where the work at height harnesses were all over 10 years old, frayed and damaged. I refused to participate in the training and raised this with the Thai instructor, usual mai bpen rai attitude and excuses. Needless to say I informed my company and they never used that provider again. Apparently the company is owned by a Kiwi as well, should know better.