Gen Prawit calls for proactive measures to curb road accidents

webfact

3 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Start with crushing all pickups then the police job done next ????

3 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Start with crushing all pickups then the police job done next ????

????. Silly statement.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Deputy Prime Minister Gen Prawit Wongsuwan instructed state agencies to adopt a proactive approach to promote road safety and reduce accidents.

something he has been responsible for many years

is he having a laugh

his performance has been stellar

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wiggy said:

My wife just went through a 20-hour driving course with a driver education centre. All went well. She got a licence for both car and motorcycle. The only slight problem is: she can’t drive. Honestly, I’ve let her drive my car and she’s virtually clueless. When I asked her about the course she said she only went on the road for 30 minutes. Total scam, and I worry about how many of these people are out on the roads. I feel sorry for her as she thinks she can drive, but it’s just not safe to let her on the roads. She could kill someone. 

i spent 12 months learning to drive with my dad......he used to drive big trucks in palestine....and drove the C in C around in a humber.....so a 20 hour driving course is a short time.....after learning wih my dad I then had 6 driving lessons and passed my test first time !!!!

1 hour ago, blackshadow said:

perhaps it WOULD BE BETTER TO have proper driving tests.....and schools of motoring.....by certified/qualified driving intructors ???????????!!!!

There you go, you spoiled it all, by speaking sense and logic????. I imagine that they will continue with all the other failures that they have introduced for the last 25 years and keep the status quo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wiggy said:

My wife just went through a 20-hour driving course with a driver education centre. All went well. She got a licence for both car and motorcycle. The only slight problem is: she can’t drive. Honestly, I’ve let her drive my car and she’s virtually clueless. When I asked her about the course she said she only went on the road for 30 minutes. Total scam, and I worry about how many of these people are out on the roads. I feel sorry for her as she thinks she can drive, but it’s just not safe to let her on the roads. She could kill someone. 

Yes so true, lady down the road from just went to driving school for one day

5.500 baht for ticket,  to go get license.

Just unreal.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The meeting also approved a road accident prevention and reduction plan for public holidays in 2023, particularly during the New Year and Songkran holidays

........which will involve setting up tents at the side of the road in the same spots they've been doing for years and with the same inept staff manning them!

• Like 2

If only General Halfwit was proactive himself. If he was then the issue with road accidents would have been proactively dealt with years ago. 

It's a case of the populous telling the politicians not to throw stones in glass houses. The politicians and police and military are all equally as lax as each other when it comes to adhering to road rules. No rules = chaos and death, which is exactly what Thai's contribute too on a daily basis.

Make some simple road rules and then find a team that are willing to enforce them. The current road rules are obviously too difficult for the local populous to understand and adhere too. Don't bother asking the RTP to enforce the laws because those oxygen thieves are too busy conducting their corrupt activities and have failed to enforce road rules for years.

• Like 1