Roadwork completion on Soi Buakhao pushed back to next Songkran after fire, Pattaya deputy mayor admits

webfact

I do not go into the city much, once a month maybe, but when we do we walk past this. Been back here for about 9 months now, the whole thing moves about 20 ft a month far as I can tell. Last time i was there there was about 10 laxy people just raking sane and stones back and forth.

Edited by RichardColeman
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

maybe year, not sure, time factor here is 2X or more. Thing is like all these road construction projects, once they dig the holes they walk away and on a go slow, juggling multiple projects, blame City Hall again

I suspect longer... pre-Covid wasn't it?

6 hours ago, 2baht said:

It would be interesting to know how an accident involving overhead communication wires affects an underground drainage project??? Maybe they are covering for incompetence!

You spotted that too.. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 2baht said:

It would be interesting to know how an accident involving overhead communication wires affects an underground drainage project??? Maybe they are covering for incompetence!

I would also be interested to know how "....an excavator that was working on a construction project got its arm entangled with overhead wires."

Shouldn't that be "someone let an incompetent moron  drive an excavator"? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

The fire on Soi Buakhao 15 this past Wednesday erupted after an excavator that was working on a construction project got its arm entangled with overhead wires.

Hence the distance rules and laws in real countries when operating cranes and the like in close proximity to power lines, I saw the original footage the mechine operator quickly distanced himself by driving away from the fire he caused, lucky he didn't grab the door to get out.

8 hours ago, 2baht said:

involving overhead communication wires affects an underground drainage project???

They were Power cables. 

3 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

They were Power cables. 

Obviously, the OP states communications cables, more first class investigative Thai journalism! Still should'nt affect underground drainage!

Edited by 2baht

Not sure if it was the same area but i was sitting at the lights i think at the end of this soi and a similer mechine was demolishing a large building using a hydrolic hammer attachment, I was really concerned it would collapse into the road, bringing power cables with it, scarey place indead. safe and trusted thailand my ass.

10 minutes ago, 2baht said:

Obviously, the OP states communications cables, more first class investigative Thai journalism! Still should'nt affect underground drainage!

They need to lift those large concrete box drains into position. The road should be closed off to operate at a safe distance from overhead cables, while lifting into place.

Edited by brianthainess

18 hours ago, hotchilli said:

You spotted that too.. 

I have a feeling they might do the overhead cables first now. Previously the plan was to make a mess with the drainage project for another 12 months, fix it up, then dig it up again to bury cables for another year!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/22/2022 at 7:44 AM, scubascuba3 said:

maybe year, not sure, time factor here is 2X or more. Thing is like all these road construction projects, once they dig the holes they walk away and on a go slow, juggling multiple projects, blame City Hall again

Management is not a Thai forte.