Cabinet set to consider 4am closing for entertainment venues in Thailand

webfact

So there is more time for the brown clowns to conduct more raids, collect more tea money and harass more tourists. No, scrap the last one. They just promised to be committed to the protection and welfare of tourists. Damn and blast.

Edited by outsider
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

Allow 4 am at locations where are no hotels or residential areas. But close them at midnight everywhere else. There are people that have to work and children that need to sleep. But also others don't want to be forced to be part of these entertainment venues whether they want or not.

Although I haven't experienced night venue noise, I do know that people adapt very quickly to noise. I once stayed in an apartment in New York City with an overhead 'subway' line outside the window. The trains screeched round a bend, but I soon found I could sleep through it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Although I haven't experienced night venue noise, I do know that people adapt very quickly to noise. I once stayed in an apartment in New York City with an overhead 'subway' line outside the window. The trains screeched round a bend, but I soon found I could sleep through it.

This is strange. l have no problem with construction noise. Music noise gets on my nerves. But perhaps it would be the same with construction noise at night time. For whatever strange reason ???????????? construction is only allowed at certain times in our building ????????????. I also have Tinnitus. I can ignore it completely. I wished I could do the same with bar noise.

1 hour ago, Orinoco said:

Well it's all about granting a license in the first place, and enforcement of rules and regulations.

People should be allowed to enjoy themselves.

Not controlled by old grumpy,  out of touch men or religion.

I agree, but than I don't understand why I can't buy alcohol during daytime and only at night....If people must enjoy themselves.....

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Don't use nightclubs, never have in my life. But hey, if there is a market, and its not near my house, then why not. But just remember, if you are looking for a girl in a bar after, at 4am you'll either be getting a real ugly old woman or one already full up

I feel sorry that you can have a girl when it is dark. I rather see them at daylight, than I know what I get 

11 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

I agree, but than I don't understand why I can't buy alcohol during daytime and only at night....If people must enjoy themselves.....

Totally agree,  booze on sale 24h a day,

The schoolkids thing is just a load of out dated Bs.

kids find a way round all this if they want to. same as we all did back in the day.

Again it comes back to correct rules and regulations followed.

But TIT.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Don't use nightclubs, never have in my life. But hey, if there is a market, and its not near my house, then why not. But just remember, if you are looking for a girl in a bar after, at 4am you'll either be getting a real ugly old woman or one already full up

At 4 am I would have too much booze and there would be no ugly women until I wake up in the morning in my bed and say to her " who the xxxx are you ? " 

• Haha 1

My testosterone drops off a cliff after 6pm. I'd much rather "night" spots were required to close earlier so that they would need to open early. Also, I don't need girls who don't wake up until 5pm because they've been merry-making until early morning.

• Like 1