Man reportedly throws punches at a motorcycle taxi rider and gets stabbed in the chest

snoop1130

B030331B-9976-45C9-B40C-FA12433D6C35-696x391.jpeg

PHOTO: TMN Cable TV Pattaya

A 40-year-old Thai man was hospitalized after reportedly punching a motorcycle taxi rider in Pattaya and getting stabbed in the chest in retaliation.

Sawang Boriboon rescue workers administered medical assistance to the stabbing victim, Mr. Weerawit Ratchatasakornphon, 40, after he got into a violent altercation involving road rage with an angry motorcycle taxi rider.

The victim was found alone yesterday, October 23rd, at the Phothisan Market in the Naklua subdistrict of Banglamung. He suffered a stab wound to his right chest and waited for help in his white sedan. He was then transported to a nearby hospital for urgent medical care.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/10/24/man-reportedly-throws-punches-at-pattaya-motorcycle-taxi-rider-and-gets-stabbed-in-the-chest-argument-was-over-driving-etiquette/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-10-24

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

3 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

The victim then reportedly began throwing punches at the rider and suddenly collapsed to the ground after getting impaled in the chest with a sharp weapon

I think the lesson there is don't give in to road rage as the other guy might get the better of you

And a high chance he could be carrying a weapon and very likely to use it. 

10 hours ago, champers said:

Why should any tourists be concerned? None were injured or involved in this fight between 2 Thais.

I was attacked twice this year in Pattaya, once by a thai lady hit me in my balls because I was flirting with her lady friend.

Secondly a drugged up Canadian kicked me in my head while I was sitting low drinking tea. I thought he was about to shake my hand but he kicked me in the back of my head (20k thb fine).

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

A 40-year-old Thai man was hospitalized after reportedly punching a motorcycle taxi rider in Pattaya and getting stabbed in the chest in retaliation.

Never touch a hornets nest is the moral of the story.

4 hours ago, EdrigoSalvadore said:

I was attacked twice this year in Pattaya, once by a thai lady hit me in my balls because I was flirting with her lady friend.

Secondly a drugged up Canadian kicked me in my head while I was sitting low drinking tea. I thought he was about to shake my hand but he kicked me in the back of my head (20k thb fine).

Jeez !!! I'd stay home or get yourself a really nasty ladyboy minder lol ????????

On 10/25/2022 at 9:41 AM, spidermike007 said:

Some people do not even know Pattaya is a large city, with many excellent golf resorts, race cart tracks, and lots to do besides getting laid. Some have a one track mind. And a rather closed mind, to boot. 

get out of the bar areas and there are some beautiful places ..a lot more to see if people could get off the bar stool..

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

get out of the bar areas and there are some beautiful places ..a lot more to see if people could get off the bar stool..

Maybe. But go around the World and ask 1 million people what Pattaya's reputation is...

Actually I went to Pattaya in 1994, completely unaware of the place and loved it (turns out I wasn't actually in Pattaya but more or less Sattahip, in some private weekend houses resort) anyway... at that time, with very limited internet, I had no idea what the place was famous for. Until I was reading a newspaper (you know, these things that used to exist... the paper version of news section of this forum without discussion board), of the problems with Brazilian prostitutes in Rimini in Italy. After describing police catching these women and putting them on the planes, just for them to be back a week later, and describing in details of how they were chasing them down the beach, I noticed the headline "Rimini, the Pattaya of the West" ...

I'd bet there are some nice restaurants or shops in Patpong as well... but posting "I went to Patpong and it was aweeeesssssoooommmmmeeeeee!" is likely going to get people think of only one thing. About the same with Pattaya.

On 10/24/2022 at 8:50 PM, Iamfalang said:

Pattaya is for the sexpats

Sounds like you're one. Absolutely no idea.

Many people live in Pattaya because they work there Richard Cranium.

Many Falangs work at the International Schools.

Many Falangs work in The Eastern Seaboard.

Many Falangs work at Lam Chabang Port.

Don't thank me, just trying to improve your knoweledge. Now IQ is 20.

25 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Maybe. But go around the World and ask 1 million people what Pattaya's reputation is...

Actually I went to Pattaya in 1994, completely unaware of the place and loved it (turns out I wasn't actually in Pattaya but more or less Sattahip, in some private weekend houses resort) anyway... at that time, with very limited internet, I had no idea what the place was famous for. Until I was reading a newspaper (you know, these things that used to exist... the paper version of news section of this forum without discussion board), of the problems with Brazilian prostitutes in Rimini in Italy. After describing police catching these women and putting them on the planes, just for them to be back a week later, and describing in details of how they were chasing them down the beach, I noticed the headline "Rimini, the Pattaya of the West" ...

I'd bet there are some nice restaurants or shops in Patpong as well... but posting "I went to Patpong and it was aweeeesssssoooommmmmeeeeee!" is likely going to get people think of only one thing. About the same with Pattaya.

I agree once a place has a reputation it's difficult to change it eh

4 hours ago, carlyai said:

Sounds like you're one. Absolutely no idea.

Many people live in Pattaya because they work there Richard Cranium.

Many Falangs work at the International Schools.

Many Falangs work in The Eastern Seaboard.

Many Falangs work at Lam Chabang Port.

Don't thank me, just trying to improve your knoweledge. Now IQ is 20.

I bet all of them would not fill Bling nightclub!

• Haha 1

On 10/25/2022 at 2:50 AM, Iamfalang said:

40 and punching people and getting stabbed in the chest in Pattaya!!!!   It's probably after you turn 45 that all this punching and stabbing goes the way of the Buddha..........

I wonder how many falangs read these stories before going to Pattaya. 

I also wonder if anyone really cares?   I mean, Pattaya is for the sexpats, so a couple knife attacks won't stop these "high-quality tourists" from going to the Land of Slice-and-dice-with-the-knife.  

What a load of twaddle!

Don't want trouble, don't punch other people- simple.

14 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Patpong became more about bag shops and the horrid night market long ago, but the reputation probably lives on.

It used to be great, but I stopped going there because it was just useless for Gogo, and the upstairs places were notorious for rip offs. Nana was waaaaaay better and safer.

• Thumbs Up 1