Renew licences

Pdavies99

I'm in Pattaya Dec for 6 weeks, and my bike and car licenses are 1 year out of date, where can I go to get sorted, rather than the hassle of the license center?  What sort of costs etc involved?

Thanks for any constructive advice.

51 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Use an agents.... Tik Tok or Mot Services ...sorry not sure of the cost. 

i belive mot charges 6,000thb for 2 licences, 

https://www.vip-visa-thailand.com/  charges i believe 3,500thb,

but if both these prices cover all dlt costs i don't know,

to do it yourself its around  1,000thb, 5 year to 5 year

but if expired more than 1 year the process may be different

I was in a similar situation with licenses expired for about a year and three months.  Went to Land Transport office and was able to renew for five years but had to watch the videos and take the exam twice, once for each license, but they waived the actual driving test.  I considered using an agent but their role is mainly to transport you back and forth and within the transport offices.  You still need to take the exam, color blindness, reaction test, etc.  

Was told there was a VIP option which was quite expensive.  Did not inquire about the details of what additional services were provided.

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe you could come with international drivers license and just convert to a 2 year" I'm not sure but you could message an agent.

I've done the license myself 2 times, last week used an agent for the first time. The process was no booking visit needed, agent arranged certificate of residence, Dr's certificate, transport, paperwork etc.  All I had to do was provide 2 photo's (2 licenses) sign some documents and do a colour test at the DLT. (no reflex / depth perception test)

Departed central Pattaya 9am back just after 1pm.  You could drive yourself and leave when you've got your license that would be quicker.

For 2 licenses all fee's charges certificates + Dr's 6,500 baht.  There was a fee in that amount of 1,000 for a process requiring no booking visit.  I could have done it for 5,500 but I would have had to make a booking visit.

My advice for what it's worth, bring an IDP with you, get all the paper work in order(you know what is), go see the two women that sit outside the centre, they will ask you to return next day after you have watched the 1 hour vid at home and print off the result.

You might get away with just doing colour-blind and reaction test only, but it seems nothing set in stone. Bike is around B250 not sure about car

If you use an agent you will still have to go to the test centre probably twice anyway

On 10/26/2022 at 9:52 AM, tomazbodner said:

It is. You need to start from scratch and get 2 year temporary license.

Incorrect information from someone who doesn’t know

if the license is over 1 year expired but under 3 years the added requirement is

1 IN CASE OF DRIVING LICENCE EXPIRED MORE THAN 1 YEAR

- TAKE A THEORY TEST

you will then get a 5 year license 

• Like 1