Video: Thai beauty sends impassioned anti-war message to 'murdering' Putin - shames Thai govt

webfact

1 hour ago, Gweiloman said:

before entering the national entertainment industry, she also worked as a waitress, greengrocer, food vendor, caddie, and model.[5][15

Mighty impressive resume.

Yes mighty impressive before the age of 17. That alone proves she's able to do whatever is available aside from what you missed, I guess bashing a "country girl" is an easy pick though

Waraha has studied at Valaya Alongkorn Rajabhat University in Pathum Thani.

She has signed a record deal to earn money for her father’s medical treatments.

At the age of 17, due to her father's terminal cancer, she signed a 12-year contract with the Bangkok-based artist management organ "Sangravee Entertainment" to earn some money for the treatment,[12][13][14] under such a contract the record label released her four singles; two in 2015 and the rest in 2016.[12] Later in 2013, a year after her father's death, she had the opportunity to meet with a master of the Thai blessing ceremony "Phonraphee Maneethai" 

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes mighty impressive before the age of 17. That alone proves she's able to do whatever is available aside from what you missed, I guess bashing a "country girl" is an easy pick though

Waraha has studied at Valaya Alongkorn Rajabhat University in Pathum Thani.

She has signed a record deal to earn money for her father’s medical treatments.

At the age of 17, due to her father's terminal cancer, she signed a 12-year contract with the Bangkok-based artist management organ "Sangravee Entertainment" to earn some money for the treatment,[12][13][14] under such a contract the record label released her four singles; two in 2015 and the rest in 2016.[12] Later in 2013, a year after her father's death, she had the opportunity to meet with a master of the Thai blessing ceremony "Phonraphee Maneethai" 

She studied at a Thai university. Presumably she graduated as well, like millions of other Thai girls who are selling clothes in MBK or working in 7/11. 

You should set your standards higher.

On 10/26/2022 at 2:13 PM, khunpa said:

Not good to make Thailand “lose face”.

Wonder if 3 weeks in the “attitude-adjust” camp will be enough?

His stuff her speech make Thailand lose face? 

They are not at war and don't side with either side. 

4 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

She studied at a Thai university. Presumably she graduated as well, like millions of other Thai girls who are selling clothes in MBK or working in 7/11. 

Thai bashing nonsense. That work was before she was 17.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

Arrogant and completely classless comment; very much in keeping with your previous comments.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

Wow, so Thai graduates are destined to work at selling clothes or working at 7/11.  Interesting commet.

54 minutes ago, wealthychef said:

who cares what an empty-headed celebrity thinks about international politics?  Why is everyone so hot to force Putin to drop a nuke?  

Somebody that calls themselves ‘wealthychef’ accuses someone else of being empty-headed ……. I love it, brilliant sense of humour.

18 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Somebody that calls themselves ‘wealthychef’ accuses someone else of being empty-headed ……. I love it, brilliant sense of humour.

Kind of like someone calling themself "Eloquent" comes up with a clunky non-sequitor as to connect a username to one's IQ.  Brilliant response!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/27/2022 at 2:31 PM, anandra said:

Should the Thai government tell Putin that he is a murderer?

And should they do the same with other countries and their leaders?

Should they tell China what to do and don't do?

Maybe tell the USA not to invade so many countries?

And don't forget to tell the leaders in Saudi Arabia what bad people they are.

Any other countries? Sure. Tell them all about their mistakes.

And then?

What about if these countries react to that?

No more business with Thailand? Or maybe business with bad conditions?

No more tourists and no more money from people from those countries?

And then? I guess then the same people will criticize the Thai government again for high prices, high unemployment, no tourists, etc.

The world is not black and white. There are not only good or only bad countries and leaders. The world is complicated. Sometimes it's good to think again about consequences - before criticizing others.

No.

On 10/27/2022 at 5:41 PM, Bkk Brian said:

You should probably check in a previous post what this country girl has achieved in her short life so far before making that accusation

I know her story and it's really inspiring. I'm a big fan of everything she's achieved. Please don't try and make her into some eloquent scholar who researches every fact from all possible sources and angles. She's a pretty face who said the popular current thing. That's the only reason that this is a story. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, edogthong said:

I know her story and it's really inspiring. I'm a big fan of everything she's achieved. Please don't try and make her into some eloquent scholar who researches every fact from all possible sources and angles. She's a pretty face who said the popular current thing. That's the only reason that this is a story. 

Was I trying to make her a scholar or responding to posters calling her an empty head?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, wealthychef said:

Kind of like someone calling themself "Eloquent" comes up with a clunky non-sequitor as to connect a username to one's IQ.  Brilliant response!  

Did you mean sequitur ??

And hardly surprising that someone that announces to everyone that they are wealthy, can’t see the irony of calling someone they don’t even know, empty-headed.

Edited by Eloquent pilgrim
typo

1 hour ago, edogthong said:

If she had made her speech in Thai, she would have garnered more respect from her own citizens and maybe even make some politicians sit up and take notice. Instead, she was obviously pandering to the west, for obvious reasons.

20 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

If she had made her speech in Thai, she would have garnered more respect from her own citizens and maybe even make some politicians sit up and take notice. Instead, she was obviously pandering to the west, for obvious reasons.

The article taken for this thread is from the Thai language media where it was reported extensively. 

11 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Did you mean sequitur ??

And hardly surprising that someone that announces to everyone that they are wealthy, can’t see the irony of calling someone they don’t even know, empty-headed.

Or maybe I'm not announcing my wealth at all. Maybe I'm not a chef, either.  Instead of your non-sequitor ad-hominem attax, you might try engaging with the substance of my criteek.  Can you identify what that might be? Or are you just hyper-focused on making me look bad to try to puff yourself up?  

• Like 1

On 10/26/2022 at 10:18 AM, The Alien said:

Why Putin? You should be more concerned about your neighbor Myanmar.   Myanmar Junta is killing more innocent people than Putin. 

Well for a start , criticising one does not exclude criticism of the other.

The situation in Myanmar is indeed tragic but one has to be realistic. In terms of geopolitical impact , Ukraine is the gravest current problem the world faces . 

• 2 weeks later...