Thai provinces told to submit list of suspected drug dealers and known addicts to Interior Ministry

webfact

43 minutes ago, Gold Star said:

Thailand is absolutely wonderful, but never make the mistake thinking you are in a free country like back home.

You leave behind your basic human rights to privacy, equality, and freedom of speech when you got on that plane.

And never forget that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

Which agency should be in charge of this matter? Interior Ministry officere? Or the RTP?

• Like 1

How large is a district, and sub district.  I think most villages know who the drug addicts and possible dealers are but we're to afraid to do anything about it.   Maybe now a list can be made and turned in.   Why don't they have an address for anyone to send names to. Yes it could be abused. 

I just sent them a list of all TVFM usernames!!!!!!!    Addicted to posting blah blah blah.... Addicted to love................addicted to love..................addicted to love...............addicted to STD's and AIDS and going to the clinic....wait, I'm projecting!!!!.............addicted to love............lol

Hold on............ "suspected."    Sending the list again!!!!

don't make enemies falangs.........don't talk..........don't look...... nothing!!!!  don't be a suspect of anything, except spending your money!!!!   

Hang on, hang on. If the authorities know who are the drug dealers shouldn't they be behind bars already? If there are "suspected"  drug dealers, why add them to a data base without evidence of guilt? The local authorities could be adding anyone as a suspected drug dealer. 

Why not ask the RTP? First of all, they know every drug dealer because they receive brown envelopes from them every month, and secondly, the RTP has been known to play an active role in the whole drugs trade themselves. So one phone call to the chief of police of every district or province should yield a wealth of information. Although somehow I suspect they won’t play ball, seeing as how that would kill the goose that lays the golden egg.

5 hours ago, redwood1 said:

All provincial administrations have been ordered to submit a list of suspected drug dealers 

I know of some drug dealing cannabis shops in Pattaya I could report... 

I am not one for automatically obeying everyones rules as I will not obey any rule I don't agree with if I can get round it as long as I am not interfering with ordinary people, but If I know of anyone breaking laws which affect ordinary people ie drug dealing, child abuse, finding out where pedophiles live, I would not hesitate to tell the authorities.

18 hours ago, webfact said:

All provincial administrations have been ordered to submit a list of suspected drug dealers and addicts in their respective provinces to the Ministry of Interior by the end of this month. The information will be added to its main database, for use in developing effective measures to deal with all aspects of the drug problem.

Will this list include bent district officials, people with uniforms and those of an influence?

Thought not.

18 hours ago, webfact said:

To begin with, he said that all provincial administrations must conduct random tests of their staff, to find out how many are addicted so that they can be sent for rehabilitation.

What will happen to staff if they've eaten a legal drug  laced cookie with their coffee in the morning during break time?

that is strange that all data have to be collected within just w few days, to the end of month. 

It would be incomplete, as there are many agencies involved with overlapping responsibilities.

Interesting to know how they are going to test their own staff and how easy it would be for drug users not to be scrutinised or submit false samples.

So I think it's just a PR exercise in wake of a mass murder a month ago. Started with police force and now extending to civil servants. They will try to prove how clean and immaculate they are