Gen Prawit confirms Thais Can Watch World Cup

webfact

image.jpeg

BANGKOK, (TNA) – Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwon has ordered the Sports Authority of Thailand (SAT) to coordinate with the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) to guarantee that Thai people can watch live matches of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022.

Gen Prawit chaired two consecutive meetings of the boards of the National Sports Development Fund and the SAT. The meetings approved budgets for 2023 and a four-year action plan to be implemented from 2023 to 2026.

The boards also endorsed financial welfare for injured and retired boxers and rewards for the athletes who built up the national reputation. They also approved sponsorship for the 1st World Mountain & Trail Running Championships in Chiang Mai province on Nov 3-6, 2022.

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-1045792

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai News Agency 2022-10-28

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwon has ordered the Sports Authority of Thailand (SAT) to coordinate with the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) to guarantee that Thai people can watch live matches of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022.

Bless his cotton socks... has he found the missing 50M yet?

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Suit yourself. I shall watch a selection of games..... I do not see how that impacts my moral compass. 

Try researching and you will see. The fact that it is being held there shows how currupt the organisation is and it should be dissolved.  The country is one of the worst human rights violators in the world. I suppose if your OK with numbers like 6,500 migrant workers dying for your pleasure then crack on.

On 10/28/2022 at 1:51 PM, BritScot said:

I'm sorry buy anyone who watches this should seriously check their moral compass!!! Boycotting it myself.

Now they are evicting many of the workers so they can rent out the places to fans who go there.

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, BritScot said:

Try researching and you will see. The fact that it is being held there shows how currupt the organisation is and it should be dissolved.  The country is one of the worst human rights violators in the world. I suppose if your OK with numbers like 6,500 migrant workers dying for your pleasure then crack on.

Which organization do you mean, FIFA? Hardly  a secret with Joseph Blatter previously at the helm. FiFA is involved in quite a few charitable foundations. I do not feel boycotting will help the situations you talk of, they willingly came to work in Qatar and were then able to support families back in their homeland. More to do with construction companies than FIFA. 

3 hours ago, BritScot said:

Says it all.

It says I will not be manipulated by the woke mental lightweights. So far in October these interfering busybodies want to deny me both the pleasure of watching the highest standard of Football, in a once every 4 year competition, and the pleasure of eating all forms of meat or fish. You are more of a dictator than Prawit it seems!

Go preach elsewhere......

Edited by jacko45k
  • Thumbs Up 1