21-year-old hospital security guard crashes his bike into baht bus and dies

snoop1130

7A819F41-683D-4C4D-A23C-6D7EB58AB177-696x391.jpeg

PHOTO: TMN Cable TV Pattaya

A 21-year-old hospital security guard rammed his motorbike into a baht bus by accident and died on the spot.

The man was identified by rescue workers as Mr. Asadawut Wisaka, 21. He was found deceased with a broken neck and severe head injuries on Saphan Mai Road in the Ban Khod sub-district of Mueang district, Chonburi. The young victim did not wear a helmet, according to a police report.

Mueang police investigated further and found that Mr. Asadawut made a living as a security guard at a private hospital. His crumpled black Honda CBR was removed from the road after his body was transported to a local hospital.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/10/28/21-year-old-hospital-security-guard-crashes-his-bike-into-baht-bus-and-dies-in-chonburi/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-10-28

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

The roads are getting busier, and this post-COVID new new has way too many people forgetting how to drive.   Or I forgot how bad it was before.   I almost crashed yesterday as some joker in front of me put on his left turn-signal and went right.   Yea, yea, my fault I should have given more space....blah, blah...............I locked up the back wheel, did a little scream (lol), and no worries.....  As I get older, I do blame myself more, but I also credit myself not being dead already.   bicycle, helmet, speeds generally stay under 50 kph but I can definitely still die out there.  motorbike?  I'd 100% be dead already.  

13 hours ago, yeahbutif said:

Indirectly if the police done thier job he would never have been on the road in first place.. well thats what I'm told if I have an acident when a Thai hits me and it's his fault..no helmet no insurance no licence etc.. it becomes my fault as Im told you should not be on Thailand...if you weren't here.it won't have happened....

You had a heavy night? ????????

Edited by roo860

25 minutes ago, Iamfalang said:

The roads are getting busier, and this post-COVID new new has way too many people forgetting how to drive.   Or I forgot how bad it was before.   I almost crashed yesterday as some joker in front of me put on his left turn-signal and went right.   Yea, yea, my fault I should have given more space....blah, blah...............I locked up the back wheel, did a little scream (lol), and no worries.....  As I get older, I do blame myself more, but I also credit myself not being dead already.   bicycle, helmet, speeds generally stay under 50 kph but I can definitely still die out there.  motorbike?  I'd 100% be dead already.  

Try using the front brake, as well.

20 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Thais lack both self-discipline and common sense and, all too often and understandably, the result of that is death.

Mrs relative got killed on one last year, no helmet, license or insurance and no lights on the bike. Apparently that was OK as he was using the light on his phone!!! Lorry hit him and the poor driver got the blame. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, proton said:

Mrs relative got killed on one last year, no helmet, license or insurance and no lights on the bike. Apparently that was OK as he was using the light on his phone!!! Lorry hit him and the poor driver got the blame. 

Feel very sorry for the lorry driver. If you have a choice don't drive after dark. The lorry driver almost certainly wouldn't have had a choice.

• Like 1

This is why people on these bikes should wear helmets.  It might not have protected this person in this particular circumstance.  But it can protect you in other instances.  I see both Thais and westerners in Bangkok not wearing helmets driving motorbikes. I guess if you think you can get away with it,

that’s the mentality.  Even if it was permitted.  I would wear a helmet. 
This person sustained very severe injuries.  An indication of crashing at high speed.  

20 hours ago, yeahbutif said:

Indirectly if the police done thier job he would never have been on the road in first place.. well thats what I'm told if I have an acident when a Thai hits me and it's his fault..no helmet no insurance no licence etc.. it becomes my fault as Im told you should not be on Thailand...if you weren't here.it won't have happened....

I've never been told that, did you accept the blame? 

On 10/29/2022 at 2:21 AM, Golden Triangle said:

I think you'll find more people call it a Baht bus than a Songthaew.

Maybe it depends on where about you are living in Thailand.  Where all the farangs usually go…maybe Baht bus.   But other regions ….Songthaew.