Royal Thai Police to seriously monitor and prosecute illegal entertainment venues nationwide

snoop1130

Poor headline. My reaction was "wait, what?" if they are illegal close them down. Period. Not Monitor them (unless thats RTP code for seek brown envelopes). But reading the article it says they will monitor closely to see what ARE illegal (which ones should provide brown envelopes). Same old empty promises not followed up with any meaningful action.

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The deputy chief revealed on Friday, October 28th, that he was assigned by Commissioner Damrongsak Kittipraphat to monitor entertainment venues and nightclubs nationwide to see whether they have properly and strictly complied by the law.

good, can you now leave the legal ones alone

"The deputy chief revealed on Friday, October 28th, that he was assigned by Commissioner Damrongsak Kittipraphat to monitor entertainment venues and nightclubs nationwide to see whether they have properly and strictly complied by the law." 

I am a little bit confused. Was this not the job of the police force already?! And now 1 person gets assigned to do this in the future? He will have a lot of work to do... 

It won't work like it always does.

If a police unit from another district raids a place and are operating in a different area, they never know which big shot they are stepping on their toes and spitting into there rice bowls. This can lead to too many problems, then they better leave it as it is.

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Police General Torsak Sukwimol, Deputy National Police Chief, was assigned to lead the Royal Thai Police officials to supervise the official arrangement of entertainment venues across the country.

Thy already do... that's the problem.

2 hours ago, shackleton said:

Corruption  and brown envelopes are a big part of the police and some government officials  pay packets

This will not change as embedded in Thai society  for greedy people to make a easy $????

I think brown envelopes have been replaced with Bitcoin Debit card, very hard to trace..................I saw a Bitcoin ATM in Siam Square once - boggles the mind.         Peace

• Thanks 1

This surveillance guy has an extremely bad and dangerous job. He must fight against corrupt cops and governments and against the entertainment venues that bribe them. He will make many new friends. How many bodyguards will he get...