Big Joke flies in! Top cop announces the answer to riddle of Buriram man's death

webfact

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I would imagine most people wanting to kill themselves would NOT use self immolation. Surviving it would be unthinkable. 

One of my niece's husband's employees did. I think it's not that uncommon in Thailand. The relation between employee and small business employer in upcountrry Thailand is often family-like. The business owners throw parties at least once a week for everybody, sometimes two or three if there are birthdays. Although this guy had shown symptoms of depression on previous occasions, he had seemed in good spirits for several days before this party, and he had joined in the drinking and singing. About ten o'clock he took a bottle of gasoline, walked about thirty meters outside the compound, poured the bottle over his head and lit a cigarette lighter. By the time the others got to him and put the fire out he was already dead. Nobody knows what, exactly, drove him to the act, but he was another victim of bipolar disorder.

Edited by Acharn

4 hours ago, DBath said:

Only in Thailand would one of their top police guys be called 'Big Joke', but I'll bet he's a lot of fun to party with.

Many here are nicknamed after their favourite dish. Obviously he has eaten too much of it since he was thrown out of immigration.

• Like 1

Does flying in by helicopter reflect this man's sense of self aggradizement? No time for the highways he refuses to do anything about? Does he realize nobody takes him seriously? Banished once, only to be installed in his much beloved limelight once again. 

Edited by spidermike007

11 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I would imagine most people wanting to kill themselves would NOT use self immolation. Surviving it would be unthinkable. 

I believe it was used as a method of protest by Buddhist monks

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

“Manic depression”, an archaic term for bipolar disorder, completely distorts one’s sense of the outside and inner world. I have it but it is under control. Those of you who don’t know anything about it, pretty much all of you, have no standing or credibilty to comment on it. Irrational acts such as this are common when in a suicidal state. 

And if any of us nobodies comment again you'll be around to empty your petrol can on us and then claim you didn’t know what you were doing?

On 10/29/2022 at 1:53 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

Actually, Big Joke is more like Batman , as soon as a crime is committed anywhere in the Country , he immediately rushes off there to solve the crime .

No greater love hath some than that for their helicopter

Big Joke is in the process of having his men infiltrate most of the larger police forces. They then report to him, and in turn he is prosecuting any of the cops who are on the take etc. Supposedly he is being quite successful in this endeavor. So he’s not such a Big Joke after all. Most of you on here want the corruption to be handled and changed…..now it’s being done.