First order on Lazada - what to expect when it comes to delivery ?

Baron Samedi

39 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Normally the tracking on the app will update and say package is last mile hub, then delivery today, then delivery within the hour, then they call before coming, i just say leave at security (I'm in a condo).

So you're paying directly online and not cash on delivery, right?

I am in Samui. Generally I find that If coming from within Thailand, can be as quick as two days. Especially if seller is in Bangkok.

If coming from overseas (usually China), it can take up to a month, depending on size and weight.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Baron Samedi said:

So you're paying directly online and not cash on delivery, right?

I did COD for a while but it's a pain because you need to be in or leave money with security, now i pay in advance, no issues. Tracking messaging and calls will be the same

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Using the app go to the purchase and it will show tracking info

Ok, thanks ????

Just checked my account. Apparently the order hasn't been sent yet. Status is "To ship". Next will be "To Receive". I guess this is when I'll be able to see the tracking info.

Hopefully tomorrow !

2 hours ago, phetphet said:

I am in Samui. Generally I find that If coming from within Thailand, can be as quick as two days. Especially if seller is in Bangkok.

If coming from overseas (usually China), it can take up to a month, depending on size and weight.

And depending on how efficient the actual seller or manufacturer is. 

14 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

So don't start panicking if 5pm has been and gone and your package still hasn't been delivered.

A 7pm delivery is not unheard of if they are busy, or the driver fancies a pit stop for a beer on route.

Or, as has happened to me more than once, when they've run out of time and want to get home, they post that I refused delivery so then it's my fault and not theirs. Very Thai. I suppose their app doesn't have a 'couldn't be bothered to deliver' option to click.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Baron Samedi said:

Hi guys ????

Made my first order on Lazada today.

When will I get a clear delivery date ?

For now my order says between November Xth and November Yth...

Thx

I use the 17TRACK app and put the delivery number in you will get something similar to this

A56352DD-3C79-41E3-85A6-B1D023EFF0CA.thumb.jpeg.648792492a97584ee586fd3bfdf45d74.jpeg

the estimate given in the app is usually longer than the actual delivery.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Or, as has happened to me more than once, when they've run out of time and want to get home, they post that I refused delivery so then it's my fault and not theirs. Very Thai. I suppose their app doesn't have a 'couldn't be bothered to deliver' option to click.

i get that occasionally, i just put it down to them being too busy that day, fair enough

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, nana kid said:

I saw a suitcase on Lazada  1800 Baht                  Saw the exact same on Shopee 

950 Baht         have only used Lazada a few times                  Opinions Please

Mostly i buy from Lazada because it's cheaper, occasionally it's Shopee. Sometimes a product is for sale on one not the other

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

i get that occasionally, i just put it down to them being too busy that day, fair enough

What annoys me is the lie they post. Someone else's fault, not theirs. Why not post 'unable to deliver' rather than say delivery was refused. Unable to deliver could be their fault or mine. But they resort to the Thai default system of blame someone else - customer refused delivery.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

Paying in advance is the best because they will just drop it off at your door or in a set area a your condo if you are not there.

You can also pay by bank transfer when the courier call and ask him for the bank account number. 

This is also handy if you do not have the cash at hand or if you are not at home.

18 hours ago, Baron Samedi said:

Made my first order on Lazada today.

When will I get a clear delivery date ?

For now my order says between November Xth and November Yth..

Login in and click on your order.

Highlight "Track package" "highlighted in blue"

It will show the delivery steps and where your package is.

when it reaches the last mile hub and shows out for delivery you will get it that day

the courier will phone you that day before delivery will be made to check you are at home to receive the delivery.

• Thumbs Up 1

It will be very badly packaged in second-hand boxes, which themselves are wrapped in 20 to 30m of sellotape.

It will be much smaller than in the photographs

It will be made from a material that is nothing like you expected.

• Haha 1

When the order is shipped it will tell you the name and phone# of the driver. I suggest you call the diver if it is COD and ask what time they are coming. Get a thai speaker to do so.  They don't always call you or update their system.

I won't use a CC because the additional charges for foreign use on my card.

btw, i just got 1 kg of petroleum jelly for just 150 baht on Lazada. Good deal i'd say.

I just order , always COD , never worry when is it going to arrive,

have the money ready in little plastic bags with amount and details

written on it ,have 5 packages on their way now , when they arrive

they are here, never had a none delivery....... don't worry you will get it.

regards worgeordie

• Thumbs Up 1