I'm so tempted to crack open a beer right now...

bob smith

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I suggest trying kratom instead. AFAIK legal in Thailand.

If the OP is trying to lose weight, spirits are the way to go, as another poster has said. Beer simply has too many carbs for weight loss to be effectual.

I drink Sangsom and diet Coke.

but isnt whiskey/rum full of calories too? seems every time i have a night out on the whiskey i put on weight the morning after. unless i get paraletic on it, then i loose weight but that is a rarity these days! honest! ????

2 minutes ago, bob smith said:

but isnt whiskey/rum full of calories too? seems every time i have a night out on the whiskey i put on weight the morning after. unless i get paraletic on it, then i loose weight but that is a rarity these days! honest! ????

No its the coke or junk you eat with it. 10 rum n cokes plus pizza equals high carbs.

There are zero carbs in a single serving of rum and no fiber. This beverage is distilled, so there is no longer any naturally-occurring sugar and usually, there are no added sugars. However, some flavored rums may include additional ingredients that can change the nutrition facts.13 Aug 2021

https://www.verywellfit.com/rum-nutrition-facts-and-health-tips-4843101

2 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Take comfort that you're not the only one in this situation, many million others having the same thoughts everyday, its called addiction, but i'm sure i'm not telling you something you didn't already knew...

i'm still not sure that i am an alcoholic tbh. i just did 3 days without a drop, no shakes, no withdrawl, no depression. i just enjoy the taste of beer and it relaxes me. if there is one thing i hate its getting drunk/hungover the next day. i'm a daily, slow drinker. if you know what i mean. doesnt mean im not an addict but i dont reqally feel like one.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bob smith said:

It's what one has with the whisky - peanuts, pizza, potato chips.

Have it with non-diet Coke, the Coke is packed with sugar. Pepsi is even worse.

36 minutes ago, patman30 said:

it is the sugar not the alcohol
ditch the beers and switch to whatever spirit and soda/water/ice/straight

Four small bottles of Lao Khao a week mixed with water and fresh squeezed lime juice does me.

Avoid ring top brand ....smells like turps. Screw top is fine ....odourless.  For variety sometime mix with blue boy grape juice concentrate ..... nicccce. Also comes as 35 degree or 30 degree.

image.jpeg.5d8f8f2ba69fb184759b79b2df2f5e0e.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, bob smith said:

i'm still not sure that i am an alcoholic tbh. i just did 3 days without a drop, no shakes, no withdrawl, no depression. i just enjoy the taste of beer and it relaxes me. if there is one thing i hate its getting drunk/hungover the next day. i'm a daily, slow drinker. if you know what i mean. doesnt mean im not an addict but i dont reqally feel like one.

I do 4 small beers early afternoon, sometimes at the beach, sometimes at home while I play pool. It becomes a daily routine I enjoy. Early to bed, early to rise. No hangover 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bob smith said:

Agreed, there is a world of difference between a alcoholic and a pish-head.

I was a pish-head for years and apparently quite a legend for my sessions, then 3 years ago I stopped drinking, without so much of a craving or a shake.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Anything that's been distilled, sugar is not distillable.

correct, and whatever the spirit is distilled from should be pretty sugar free as the yeast converts it to alcohol and CO2 during the fermentation process.

Edited by KannikaP

1 hour ago, bob smith said:

if you dont mind me asking, how much was he drinking a day? i average around 4/5 small bottles of light beer daily.

You post this then state this ...

"its ok m8. im on it now so may as well open the floodgates!"

Floodgates??

4/5 light beers per day is not remotely a heavy drinker. 

Double that amount and perhaps some would classify you as heavy drinker.

I own up to bring heavy drinker however every one is different.

Some (including myself) stopped with flick of switch.

Went heavy to zero.

For the habit side of booze I started drinking Heineken Zero.

Still knocked off 6 a night watching bit of sport/movie etc..

Mind you that has calories so not so flash for weight loss.