Big Joke investigating Immigration after attack on Chinese man - former chief demands "Overstay" action against foreign criminals

webfact

Didn't he infamously claim that Thailand was free of overstayers after his "successful" purge when he was immigration chief? Miraculously though, plenty of foreigners on multi-year overstays continued to be found even after he was replaced.

I'm predicting he'll fail again. And again, he'll get promoted regardless, being qualified for the job really isn't a criterion. 

• Like 1

Referring to the Chinese,

"Surachate said they were all mixed up in illegality whether it be call center crime, drugs or entertainment places in Bangkok."

This must be the fourth story this week about Chinese and police corruption!

Who would have thought?????

3 hours ago, ukrules said:

Lets hope not, because he will be coming for the rest of us once he's done with the real criminals.

Not if you're here legitimately. But ... if you're scamming, ducking n diving, then ya' takes ya chances.

30 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

you made a statement and I asked a simple question that a Yes or No answer would suffice and it made you confused... humm interesting concept

It was a joke for pity's sake

2 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

Or farangs paying 20k so they don't need 800k in the bank?

That 20K helps lots of unlucky Thai people not born in Western countries. They are going after people engaged in criminal activities. 

Edited by Onerak

3 minutes ago, Onerak said:

That 20K helps lots of unlucky Thai people not born in Western countries. They are going after people engaged in criminal activities. 

I'd say some of it goes to people who work in the immigration Dept too, who aren't so poor.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Ren had his eyes wound up in black tape and was trussed up in rope to the arms, legs and neck.

Geeze, I hope they mean he had his eyes covered with black tape that was wound around his head.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The gang were on overstay of more than a year and had changed their status to "students" at Udon Thani immigration in the north east citing an educational foundation.

Can you be on overstay and then go to immigration and tell them you are a student?

4 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

I'd say some of it goes to people who work in the immigration Dept too, who aren't so poor.

I did not say poor. It helps them also to fulfill their aspirations of sending their kids to private schools, buying fancy cars, keeping their wife/mia nois happy etc. etc. Why those aspirations should only be limited to Westerners?

1 hour ago, alexlm said:

It sickens me when I see the ruthless immigration rules of Thailand.

While in 'my' country (France), we open Foreigners with welcome arms.

"Bad guys included".

My Thai Wife easily obtained a 10 years "visa".

Got herself a card (Carte Vitale™) allowing her free medical treatment everywhere in France.

Getting paid and lodged by the government in case of non-employment.

And so much more...

While Thailand is on the chase of the "bad overstayers" that didn't get their stupid stamp...

The end of the first paragraph says it all - putting overstayers and criminal gangs in the same category:-  

"going after foreigners on overstay and criminal foreign gangs."

And in the meantime, what is the latest on "Boss"?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

The immigration computer knows the overstayers. Why not put their personal data with the photo on the Internet and pay for every reported information that leads to the capture of such people for instance 5000 Baht?! Why not??? They are just talking all the time... 

Think that could interfere with the business model of most of the immigration officers

Edited by Orinoco
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Spock said:

My Thai digital nomad friends tell me it's difficult to find a rental property in many parts of the country because so many Russians are staying longer term in the country.

Pure BS. Russians have taken over Thai rental markets to make it unaffordable for others. What a croc. Give me a break. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

Didn't he infamously claim that Thailand was free of overstayers after his "successful" purge when he was immigration chief? Miraculously though, plenty of foreigners on multi-year overstays continued to be found even after he was replaced.

I'm predicting he'll fail again. And again, he'll get promoted regardless, being qualified for the job really isn't a criterion. 

Yes, he did. Not one left in the whole country was his lie.

47 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

Not if you're here legitimately. But ... if you're scamming, ducking n diving, then ya' takes ya chances.

Slippery slope. Starts off slowly but rapidly accelarates as things move on. Think of downhill skiing.

2 hours ago, Spock said:

My Thai digital nomad friends tell me it's difficult to find a rental property in many parts of the country because so many Russians are staying longer term in the country.

Well, Big Joke better send his men out in mass looking at PP stamps, could very well open up rental vacancies......hello Moscow........ 

• Haha 1