COVID-19 infections on the rise among people not fully vaccinated

webfact

So what's fully vaccinated? 2 shot's and a booster or 10 shots .

I don't think it matters much, the vaccine only last at best 6 months. 

One will have to have a shot every 6 months .

They just should mix it together with the Flu shot. then one can get one every year.

Edited by onthedarkside
trolling reference removed

5 hours ago, wombat said:

Er...once again...

The injection does not stop you getting covid it is not a vaccination that imunises it only lessens the severity if you catch covid.

Am I wrong?

Just before the V became available it was supposed to lessen the likelyhood of getting it .When almost evryone got both it , V'd and nonV'd people , the lessening effect wasn't mentioned anymore .

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Vaccines work. My gf had 5 shots didnt get sick. I had 2 got very sick. My last shot was more than a year old.

I can agree to that, Me and my wife has 3 shots, we both got covid, very mild only felt slightly sick for two days, We got Covid a second time a few weeks later and that time no symptoms or feeling sick at all, first I just tested positive when enter a venue, and a few days later my Wife tested positive at home when just was curious if she might have got it from me somehow.

Our friends that did not take any vaccines got heavy sick, high fever, and was on the edge to call for an ambulance, and they were both knocked out for over a week. First the husband, and his wife followed a week later.

I also hear another unvaccinated friend that got covid, and his case was pretty mild, just high fever, cough and bedridden for 2 days. So I guess it hits different people in different ways depending on level of virus exposure, personal immune defence's etc...  

I will probably not go for a 4th vaccine shot knowing that I have been infected twice (at least), Virus is here and we will be exposed to it over and over and every time we will get a natural booster that imho is far more effective that the fabricated ones. Maybe if you live in a rural place and do not meet many people boosters can be a good idea.

Edited by Eaglekott

On 11/9/2022 at 11:17 AM, daveAustin said:

I certainly won’t be having anymore jabs. Arthritic fingers & thumbs on occasion post-vaccine... I am not old, though of course it can come post-40. May just be a coincidence and doctors say there’s no connection (they would wouldn’t they), but I’d sooner suffer that cold and will let my immune system do its job in future. 

My father was diagnosed with lung cancer two months after his second shot. Doctors say this is not vaccine related

6 hours ago, wombat said:

Er...once again...

The injection does not stop you getting covid it is not a vaccination that imunises it only lessens the severity if you catch covid.

Am I wrong?

Also does not stop the transmission. Anybody remember the reasoning behind covid passports? ????

• Like 2

Heres what I see, personal experience here.  Kids that got covid keep getting sick, not with covid, but they are sick.   Better for a week, back at school and sick again.

Again, not saying covid, some schools in Canada are experiencing 30-50% absentee from sickness. Not covid, but chest colds, lung infections, etc. There is NO children Tylenol available in Canada, the shelves are empty. 
 I'm not in a panic, but we certainly aren't out of the woods yet.  

4 hours ago, Lizzy Duang said:

I noticed a while ago that cardiology in BPH was more crowded than ever. Anyone here who developed heart problems after the shots?

I had two AZ vaccines and after the second one I had Heart & lung problems, finished up in hospital.

At first the Dr said that the heart problem was not caused by the vaccine BUT now they have changed their mind. I had fluid on the lungs, fluid retention in most parts of my body, breathing difficulties and massive angina pain. This started back in January 22 and is still going on now.

The Dr just say bad luck. My younger brother in Australia had problems also after having the AZ vaccine. I also had Covid two moths ago.  I had the vaccine at BPH. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TooMuchTime said:

Fully pureblood and got covid.  Lasted about 2 days and I just slept it off and continued my day as normal.

Always went about maskless in California and Thailand.

Reading this and the post prior to yours, it would appear that everybody's reaction to the virus is different. My wife and I have both had 3 jabs, and I tested positive at a routine doctor's visit for a stomach complaint. I had no symptoms over the next few days and tested negative a few days later. My wife originally tested negative but was positive the next day, and went down with the usual flu type symptoms for 2 or 3  days, and was then negative but was left with a bit of a cough for a couple of weeks. I am elderly with a heart complaint, so I guess the vax helped keep the symptoms at bay - who knows? But according to most medical opinions, you are better vaxed than not if you are vulnerable.

• Love It 1

7 hours ago, wombat said:

Er...once again...

Am I wrong?

America was famous for travelling "Snake Oil" sales men in the wild West that used to say the same!!! My wife had covid and had all the jags (Got covid a few weeks after her last jag) she got it and it was like a bad cold however she also coincidentally nice gift of side effects mysteriously or coincidentally after the jags which lasted months which forced her to stop working. I obviously got covid from her and it was the mildest cold I've had. 

Edited by BritScot
Reworded

10 hours ago, TooMuchTime said:

Fully pureblood and got covid.  Lasted about 2 days and I just slept it off and continued my day as normal.

Always went about maskless in California and Thailand.

So how many others do you reckon you gave the Covid to?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, swm59nj said:

The vaccines prevent you from getting seriously sick.  Not really prevent you from getting it.  And keep in mind.  The Moderna boosters in Thailand.  They are generation one type.  Not the newest that protects against Omicron and the latest variants.  
The number of hospitalizations and serious illness are way down.  Due to the vaccines.  
And the question is.  Are people who say “ Oh they had symptoms and it was nothing “.  Did they get tested and actually have Covid?   Or did they have the flu or viral infection?   Thinking they had Covid? 
And I find the people that are not vaccinated or downplay the vaccine .  If they test positive and have serious symptoms or are hospitalized.  They whine about how they should have gotten vaccinated.  

And my brother, who got the vax, developed heart problems, and was forced to retire at 50, now whines about how he shouldn't have got the vax. 

Just now, bananafish said:

And my brother, who got the vax, developed heart problems, and was forced to retire at 50, now whines about how he shouldn't have got the vax. 

There is always two sides of the coin, the few that wines they should have never taken the Vaccine to the many that wish they did. You can also develop heart conditions with out vaccine. Hypertension is the number one reason why people in their 50th and up develop heart problems.

PS. I do not know the ratio between people wish they didn't or did, but for me I have 0 friends that regret the vaccine shot and 3 friends that regret it and one had to pay the price with his life.

I had 2 pfizer and 1 moderna booster. That booster gave me some unpleasant side effects. 9 days later I caught covid, at the gym I think. It was also unpleasant. Nevertheless, I think the vaccines are useful for vulnerable groups. Being over 60, I will reluctantly take another after a year or so. 

7 hours ago, superal said:

You said "i wore my mask in the airport and on the plane home. still caught something " as if a mask will give protection against an airborne virus , sorry but it does not . The mask will stop your projectiles from coughs and sneezes from hitting others but that is about it   

Correct, I don't understand why so many people just don't get this fact particularly fanatic mask wearers. 

• Thanks 1