Stolen money

Mino

The only reason you'd have a room mate is if you're travelling together,

so he's probably a friend (or was), so you confronted him....he said no....so just forget it/forget him and move to your own room.

(but with hotel prices so low, don't understand why you'd share a room in the first place). 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Mino said:

I think that a room mate stolen 3,000 THB from my bag in our room. Already confronted him, but he denied. Make a report to the police will take to a solution or it's just a waste of time? Thank you

Not sure who this room mate is and assuming he must be a friend. You asked him and he said no. You did not want to end the matter then there. You want to report to the police without any evidence. And you even want advice from an internet forum that you just joined.. How low a person can stoop for $100? Now I understand the the type of quality tourist Thailand wants. 

Edited by Onerak

1 hour ago, couchpotato said:

The only reason you'd have a room mate is if you're travelling together,

so he's probably a friend (or was), so you confronted him....he said no....so just forget it/forget him and move to your own room.

(but with hotel prices so low, don't understand why you'd share a room in the first place). 

Learned a long time ago when a 'very good/very close friend' stole my expensive camera. I didn't suspect him at all but I knew he was the only person who had been in my room.

I asked 'did you see my camera?' He acted confused and said no' but with no emotion at all.

A day later I accidently bumped into him and his gf in a big store. She had my camera around her neck. I asked to have a look at the 'nice camera', sure enough I identified it was mine because of a scratch. To the side I showed the scratch to my friend and mentioned that I had a photo at home (taken for insurance), showing the same scratch.

Later the same evening he came to my room and returned the camera with many apologies. Friendship finished.

Since then I have been very careful to ensure all money and valuables are locked away in a safe at all times and ensure nobody even knew that I had a safe, only small amounts of cash in my wallet and never open my wallet in front of friends or anybody in any situation and never share a hotel room. 

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1