More than 57,000 passengers arrived at Suvarnabhumi Airport yesterday

snoop1130

12 hours ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

57,000 arrivals on 25 flights. That's 2,280 per flight. Must be using TAT's calculator.

Everything for foreigners is times by ten ,remember .

Immigration  officials are Thai so when planes land and have lots of people then think about queues and think about excuses before solving problems 

13 hours ago, Baron Samedi said:

Eh bien c'est plutôt bien.

Une fois la Chine rouverte, la Thaïlande sera submergée.

Honnêtement, je suis impressionné.

Je n'aurais pas parié là-dessus.

J'étais à peu près sûr que nous allions faire un double plongeon. . .

November 11, 2022
Phuket-
Tourists from Russia have topped Phuket visitors in the past ten days.
Phuket Immigration at Phuket International Airport reported the current arrival statistics from November 1 to November 10, 2022. The total number of international tourists is 75,247. Among these Russian nationals are leading with 18,370 visitors nowadays.
In order, the other main countries of arrival:
Indians - 8,939
Australians - 5,275
British – 4,511
German – 4,152
According to senior Phuket tourism officials, the Russian market has rebounded strongly recently and is expected to be Phuket's number one market for the fourth quarter, also known as peak season.image.png.4e27040be553b99ef3b1874dc772ca2f.png

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, onekoolguy said:

Usa return. Download "airside mobile visa" separate line, few users normally. Free, easy to use! Last few times at lax or sfo 5 minutes from plane to baggage claim!

Good advice, but it's actually called Mobile Passport, and the version from Airside (a private company) was discontinued ten months ago. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) now has its own version, which functions in the same way.

Global Entry is even better - with the new facial recognition kiosks, it literally takes less than 30 seconds to get through immigration - but costs $100 for five years, and takes a long time for approval. 

https://thepointsguy.com/news/mobile-passport-app-is-now-called-cbp-mpc/

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gov.dhs.cbp.pspd.mpc

1 hour ago, tomazbodner said:

There was only one and that was destroyed near Kyiv. But - Antonov promised to rebuild the plane as they have an unfinished fuselage for the second plane that was never completed, and salvaged some parts from the destroyed one. It'll take several years after end of war in Ukraine before you see Mriya take to the skies again.

PS: There's very few people in this cargo plane. Just a few crew.

No probs ,standing room only with overhead rail and strap to support oneself like the overloaded busses years ago/still.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, DULEROY said:

November 11, 2022
Phuket-
Tourists from Russia have topped Phuket visitors in the past ten days.
Phuket Immigration at Phuket International Airport reported the current arrival statistics from November 1 to November 10, 2022. The total number of international tourists is 75,247. Among these Russian nationals are leading with 18,370 visitors nowadays.
In order, the other main countries of arrival:
Indians - 8,939
Australians - 5,275
British – 4,511
German – 4,152
According to senior Phuket tourism officials, the Russian market has rebounded strongly recently and is expected to be Phuket's number one market for the fourth quarter, also known as peak season.image.png.4e27040be553b99ef3b1874dc772ca2f.png

I was laughed out of here when I mentioned that my Thai nomad friends found renting a place in Phuket difficult because of the high Russian demand for rentals. Not so sure looking at the arrivals figures for the island that their assessment of the situation was so wrong.

Edited by Spock
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

"Immigration, however, has blamed most of the issues on airlines or language and communication issues with tourists from some countries and not their own staffing or processing."

Why is it Immigration are never at fault? Why aren't they held accountable sometimes?

The operations center at Suvarnabhumi must know how many planes are landing and when, even if they are not on schedule. Are immigration kept in the dark?

Not sure how long you have lived here to not know that Thai people are never wrong.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Straight8 said:

people are prepared to pay through the nose for flight tickets alone??

flight from Sydney to BKK for November usually between $800 - $900.

Now quoted $2,500

********* madness

It's crazy isn't it? Looking the other day for a one way flight London- Bangkok on or around 5 January, the cheapest economy was just shy of £700. Most were over £1,000 some nearly £2,000. I could fly business pre Covid for the upper end economy price now ..... return included. Is this how it's going to be from now on? I guess so if people are willing to pay this and flights are well booked.

Yes, I know a one way ticket is always more expensive for the same journey than booking outward with a return. But even so this is crazy.

Perhaps packaged with hotel makes the overall price attractive for tourists?

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

57,000 arrivals on 25 flights. That's 2,280 per flight. Must be using TAT's calculator.

Decimal point in the wrong place? Probably either 5,700 international arrivals or 250 flights in one day. I wonder which.

Do the maths:
per minute = 3 passports
per hour = 180 passports
per shift of 8 hours = 1'440 passports
two shifts = 16 hours = 2'880 passports
20 counters @3passports/minute, every single minute over 16 hours = 57'600 passports 

No "pipi" break, all 20 counters stamping - like machines - 3 passports per minute over 16 hours?

I rest my case ???? 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Do the maths:
per minute = 3 passports
per hour = 180 passports
per shift of 8 hours = 1'440 passports
two shifts = 16 hours = 2'880 passports
20 counters @3passports/minute, every single minute over 16 hours = 57'600 passports 

No "pipi" break, all 20 counters stamping - like machines - 3 passports per minute over 16 hours?

I rest my case ???? 

Where are you plucking 20 counters from?  There are closer to 120 arrival immigration counters in total.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, fresher said:

Decimal point in the wrong place? Probably either 5,700 international arrivals or 250 flights in one day. I wonder which.

Something was certainly misunderstood or mis-quoted or an error of the type you mention occurred. It probably was 57,000 arrivals as I don't think 5,700 in a day would tax immigration at Suvarnabhumi.

It could have been 25 flights per hour, at least for a certain period or periods. If an average flight had 250 passengers, that would yield 6,250 per hour and that would probably have strained the immigration staff during such a surge.

If an average flight had 250 passengers and the total arrivals were 57,000, then there would have to have been about 228 flights. That's probably not too far off. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

It's crazy isn't it? Looking the other day for a one way flight London- Bangkok on or around 5 January, the cheapest economy was just shy of £700. Most were over £1,000 some nearly £2,000. I could fly business pre Covid for the upper end economy price now ..... return included. Is this how it's going to be from now on? I guess so if people are willing to pay this and flights are well booked.

Yes, I know a one way ticket is always more expensive for the same journey than booking outward with a return. But even so this is crazy.

Perhaps packaged with hotel makes the overall price attractive for tourists?

Yes, we tend to forget the huge business of Package holidays.  There are reasonable cheap holidays to Thailand from all around the world.  You look at flight center, tui, etc and you see quite decent hotels included in these deals , albeit ones that are a bit “out of the way “ .  I know someone a few years back that took one of these, with a Bangkok/ Chiang Mai circuit, and didn’t get on the flight back. He stayed in Thailand and Cambodia.  One way of traveling I suppose. 

I am travelling Business Class into BKK in about 2 weeks time and one of the perks is using the Priority line on arrival.

Lol! I have no idea why I’m saying this to rub it in for those having to queue ????????????

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Where are you plucking 20 counters from?  There are closer to 120 arrival immigration counters in total.

Those counters were open when I went through earlier this week and ...... surprise, surprise ....... hardly a living soul early morning. Nothing to complain, was through with greased light speed ???? 

13 hours ago, Bwazi said:

I am travelling Business Class into BKK in about 2 weeks time and one of the perks is using the Priority line on arrival.

Lol! I have no idea why I’m saying this to rub it in for those having to queue ????????????

Are you sure that the Fast-Track area is not also similarly taxed with travelers?

I think the service is available to anyone for 1,999 THB.

Note that it is open to quite a few categories...

bkk-ft.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1