Why is the UK struggling more than other countries?

Scott

7 minutes ago, nauseus said:

And the Brexiteers wanted OUT - simple isn't it? Oh, wait a minute!

And that's what you got. You are the one complaining about getting the wrong version of Brexit. 

Oh, Brexit is complicated. Who'd have thought that?

7 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Agree - the EU were horribly beastly.

Glad to see my crystal ball is on the money????

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RayC said:

I disagree entirely.

The UK is a parliamentary democracy. We elect politicians to take decisions on our behalf for the good of the nation. The fact that the current batch - with a few exceptions - appear to be pretty poor doesn't mean that the whole system should be consigned to the bin.

There is also a more practical objective. I don't think that the UK public has the desire to be consulted on a more regular basis: Look at the turnout for the referendum on PR: 19% if I remember correctly? Do we really want decisions taken by less than 1 in 5 of the electorate.

Yes Ray, I know that you disagree.

And I know that you know that I disagree with you.

Got a virtual golf torny.

Later later....

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

There really is no need to resort to terms such as 'sad losers'. It's hardly adding to the conversation and just encourages the wrong idea of winners and losers. You may have 'won' the vote, but you 'lose' with the obvious consequences of why Brexit is adding to the UK's woes (and yes we know it's not the only reason, but it's certainly a major contributory factor).

Just another so what, get on with it UK is free. 

6 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Have you considered why the UK joined in the first place and why wasn't that permanent? How come Brexit gets to be permanent?

I don't consider anything that is negative.

UK out and i have posted many times in other threads on the subject UK should not have joined in the first place. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

One sides ‘porkies’ are damaging the economy, and it’s not ‘Remain’s’.

I don't think the campaign wails had much effect on the outcome.

But we've been through all this before.

Bye

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, nauseus said:

At the risk of creating a noisy echo (from the past), this referendum was not primarily about trade and economics. I think most Brexiteers would welcome a sensible arrangement between European nations.

Hello Nauseus,

Hope that you are well? Echo here.

Well, the UK has reclaimed its' 3% of sovereignty from the EU (which the financial markets relieved us of in the blink of an eye). Ho hum.

Enjoy the virtual golf tournament. Bon chance (sorry, I mean good luck)????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, bannork said:

Sadly the UK is the sad loser these days with the longest recession on record about to begin 

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/03/bank-of-england-uk-faces-longest-ever-recession.html

I don't know if it's going to be the longest uk recession it has just started, i don't have those miserably finance peoples doom and gloom attitude.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, placeholder said:

Below is a composite of all pollsters' results on the question of whether Britain was right or wrong to leave EU:

image.png.93d16931ffc70a53b243381bf33d0b8d.png

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/questions/in-highsight-do-you-think-britain-was-right-or-wrong-to-vote-to-leave-the-eu/

Immaterial trollop from a bunch of contrary UK people who have got the get up and go. 

7 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I don't know if it's going to be the longest uk recession it has just started, i don't have those miserably finance peoples doom and gloom attitude.

Why are some people so concerned about a recession in a Country they don't live in ?

Like it doesn't effect them at all 

8 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Why are some people so concerned about a recession in a Country they don't live in ?

I don't know, search me maybe they just cannot handle it.

My family are all OK with getting out EU in UK that's all that matters to me. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The Government are responding to leaks that they are seeking a Swiss-Style deal

They are responding to leaks.

Please provide a statement from the UK Government that they are seeking such a "Swiss-Style" or any other deal!

3 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Here in the U.K , everyone seems to just be getting on with it and have moved on and I haven't yet heard anyone mention Brexit or its effects. 

Could be that Brits living in Thailand had thoughts about moving to Spain or somewhere in the E.U and want the UK to re-join the E.U so they can get a visa* for Spain ?

* I know

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Here in the U.K , everyone seems to just be getting on with it and have moved on and I haven't yet heard anyone mention Brexit or its effects. 

Could be that Brits living in Thailand had thoughts about moving to Spain or somewhere in the E.U and want the UK to re-join the E.U so they can get a visa* for Spain ?

* I know

Well as i have said my family in UK are OK,  only one has changed their mine because they were paid in Euro's and thought it would be a problem but has changed there job now so she is happy. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

To be clear I wasn't referring to your post...

I know. Sorry if you thought my comment was directed at you. It wasn't. 

(I was referring to my sarky reply to the apparent joy displayed by one poster that Germany was entering recession).

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, RayC said:

I know. Sorry if you thought my comment was directed at you. It wasn't. 

(I was referring to my sarky reply to the apparent joy displayed by one poster that Germany was entering recession).

I was pleased that it was just Germany heading into a recession and not the other five Countries in the G7 as well  

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

41 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Maybe they have assets in the UK which they are concerned about? Maybe their family and friends are affected by the recession?

Any number of possible reasons why they might be concerned.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Not everyone has moved on. People may be getting on with things because what other choices do they have.

Plenty of discussion in the media and comment from the public about Brexit.

34 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

* I know

Or maybe not.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I was pleased that it was just Germany heading into a recession and not the other five Countries in the G7 as well  

Of course, how else could the following be construed? (To be clear, this is sarcasm):

"

Some better news

Germany is about to go into recession as well as the U.K "