Serious COVID-19 infection cases on the rise in Bangkok and tourist provinces

webfact

6 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

I was referring to the difference between the signifier and the signified. On this forum the term "link" (so dearly cherished by most users) refers to a source of information which has been vetted and approved beforehand.

You would find lots of relevant information if you were curious and willing to pop your head outside the fence erected by those who decide what we should or shouldn't listen to.

"You would find lots of relevant information if you were curious"

Lots of relevant information on what exactly?

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Do you have studies that contradict the links I provided?

I'm not about to start playing Credibility Bingo on competing views of how many lives vaccines might have "saved".

For a start, nobody accurately knows how many people died from Covid, given that every country used a different metric to decide what was and was not a Covid death, and even to decide if someone was vaccinated.

Some jurisdictions considered people unvaccinated for 2 weeks after receiving a first dose, others regard you as unvaccinated if you are not "up to date" with the constantly increasing booster total required.

A pointless exercise.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eleftheros said:

I'm not about to start playing Credibility Bingo on competing views of how many lives vaccines might have "saved".

For a start, nobody accurately knows how many people died from Covid, given that every country used a different metric to decide what was and was not a Covid death, and even to decide if someone was vaccinated.

Some jurisdictions considered people unvaccinated for 2 weeks after receiving a first dose, others regard you as unvaccinated if you are not "up to date" with the constantly increasing booster total required.

A pointless exercise.

That's a no then. Thought so.

I guess you don' t want to play credibility bingo with this study either based on WHO data. 10.5 Million Children Lost a Parent, Caregiver to COVID-19

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

That's a no then. Thought so.

I guess you don' t want to play credibility bingo with this study either based on WHO data. 10.5 Million Children Lost a Parent, Caregiver to COVID-19

You must see that the "number of people saved by vaccines" is a meaningless number. The way they estimate this is as follows:

First, estimate the "mortality rate", which means estimating the number of Covid deaths (a dubious figure) divided by the number of infections (a completely unknown and unknowable figure).

Do that both for the vaccinated and unvaccinated cohorts (more uncertainty) and then calculate the difference in mortality rate and multiply that by the population size.

So it starts with a dodgy number divided by an unknowable number, multiplied by another poorly measured number to arrive at a total.

It's the best they can do, but it should not be taken as an accurate representation of reality.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Eleftheros said:

You must see that the "number of people saved by vaccines" is a meaningless number. The way they estimate this is as follows:

First, estimate the "mortality rate", which means estimating the number of Covid deaths (a dubious figure) divided by the number of infections (a completely unknown and unknowable figure).

Do that both for the vaccinated and unvaccinated cohorts (more uncertainty) and then calculate the difference in mortality rate and multiply that by the population size.

So it starts with a dodgy number divided by an unknowable number, multiplied by another poorly measured number to arrive at a total.

It's the best they can do, but it should not be taken as an accurate representation of reality.

You're on the wrong post, my link above is for the kids who lost parents from covid.

As for estimates of how many lives saved with vaccines, there are other studies also that give similar results are you still saying

"So it starts with a dodgy number divided by an unknowable number, multiplied by another poorly measured number to arrive at a total.

It's the best they can do, but it should not be taken as an accurate representation of reality."

https://www.nber.org/digest/202205/estimating-lives-saved-covid-vaccines

On 11/14/2022 at 3:01 PM, terryofcrete said:

I recently arrived back in Ireland from Thailand and there was an urgent message to contact my GP... When I did he said he was concerned that I didn't get the new booster. More or less demanded I go to the surgery there and then. That's 5 shots now I've had but it didn't stop me getting Covid... and where did I get it in February .... Yep...Thailand. 

Did someone tell you the vaccine would stop you getting Covid?

On 11/14/2022 at 4:27 PM, RayOday said:

I was able to get a Moderna vaccine at the private Buriram Ram Hospital 2 weeks ago. You might want to call. It's a pleasant trip if you pass through Maha Sarakham or Yasothon. 

I should have added that the vaccine cost only 200 baht including a gift bag of water and Tylenol. Not a bad deal. Clean, painless, and no queue. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Eleftheros said:

In the UK (with a similar population to Thailand) over 30,000 extra citizens have simply dropped dead since April this year - that is, the excess deaths are mainly occurring outside hospital (rather than sick people gradually passing away in hospital). Only a small proportion of these are Covid deaths.

I took a look and nowhere in the Excel file does it say 30,000 more 'simply dropped dead'......The fact people are dying outside hospitals does not surprise me either.... usually they are kept alive in hospitals, the problem is getting into one in a timely manner. 

I am unclear what point you try to make.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I took a look and nowhere in the Excel file does it say 30,000 more 'simply dropped dead'......The fact people are dying outside hospitals does not surprise me either.... usually they are kept alive in hospitals, the problem is getting into one in a timely manner. 

He is trying to say that the Vaccines are killing people. He is a true conspiracy believer it appears.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

He is trying to say that the Vaccines are killing people. He is a true conspiracy believer it appears.

I expect a very very small number have adverse reaction, and earlier in the pandemic, there were rumours some of the adverse reactions came from incorrect application (hitting a vein). To deny that vaccinations broke the back of Covid, along with the mutation...... how quickly people forget, and put their own spin on things. 

12 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Could the point be Covid (even if you were asymptomatic and therefore unaware) has had a long lasting weakening effect? 

Just now, The Fugitive said:

Could the point be Covid (even if you were asymptomatic and therefore unaware) has had a long lasting weakening effect? 

A form of low symptom long Covid..... can't say I know enough to comment. Surely the fact people were unable to get treatment for all manner of ailments  and symptoms for 2 years must have had an effect too. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

In his haste to claim people were simply dropping dead he obviously forgot his own link that has the death causes tab for most of them.

Deaths involving diseases of the respiratory system (J00-J99) Deaths due to diseases of the respiratory system (J00-J99) Deaths involving influenza and pneumonia (J09-J18) Deaths due to influenza and pneumonia (J09-J18) Deaths involving COVID-19 (U07.1, U07.2, U09.9, U10.9) Deaths due to COVID-19 (U07.1, U07.2, U10.9)

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

I mentioned it helps prevent serious infections and hospitalizations. 

You cant even hold down an argument you told me to get a booster as it would stop me getting infected, your words, not mine. I'd prefer it if you didn't lie.

On 11/14/2022 at 2:11 PM, sungod said:

Just had it again, much more mild the 2nd time around,main thing was sore throat and cough for 2 days.  Double vaccinated with AZ over a year ago and no booster.

Stop the hysteria!

could be a good idea to report this  ..government might need to control the masses again  soon eh

On 11/14/2022 at 7:50 AM, MrJ2U said:

As usual Thailand will be last in line. 

But ... but... why did the  WHO give Thailand a prize the other day for their handling of the Panasonic .... sorry ...Pandemic ... Surely it had to be more than another photo opportunity for lord Anutin ? 

6 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

I rest my case

Joke ... I expected to get Covid . I'm 75 , diabetic, on too many heart and BP etc. medications to list and go to Pattaya for 4 months every year for ...to quote Basil Fawlty..." the Bleedin' obvious". , including during the height of the pandemic , but as I understood it , being vaccinated and boosted would ,or might , perhaps lessen the seriousness of the infection.... will that help explain ... if there was anything to explain ,my comment .

21 minutes ago, terryofcrete said:

Joke ... I expected to get Covid . I'm 75 , diabetic, on too many heart and BP etc. medications to list and go to Pattaya for 4 months every year for ...to quote Basil Fawlty..." the Bleedin' obvious". , including during the height of the pandemic , but as I understood it , being vaccinated and boosted would ,or might , perhaps lessen the seriousness of the infection.... will that help explain ... if there was anything to explain ,my comment .

I am beginning to think catching it is inevitable unless one lives like a hermit. A pal of mine, who also has other health issues, has had 4 Covid jabs and just contracted it. It has made him bedridden but likely due to the 'other conditions' symptoms getting worse, and is now on anti-virals. 

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I am beginning to think catching it is inevitable unless one lives like a hermit. A pal of mine, who also has other health issues, has had 4 Covid jabs and just contracted it. It has made him bedridden but likely due to the 'other conditions' symptoms getting worse, and is now on anti-virals. 

It's almost 8 months now since my bout of Covid and I'm still suffering from some of the recognised symptoms . Breathing , fatigue, higher glucose levels. Long Covid ? So they say . 

"adding that more than half of the cases reported between November 6th and 12th are not vaccinated or not fully vaccinated, leaving them vulnerable."

There is the problem.

I have had Covid twice while traveling. But, being fully vaccinated I had no problems what so ever.  

23 minutes ago, Gknrd said:

"adding that more than half of the cases reported between November 6th and 12th are not vaccinated or not fully vaccinated, leaving them vulnerable."

There is the problem.

I have had Covid twice while traveling. But, being fully vaccinated I had no problems what so ever.  

So you really believe that if you had not taken the Covid jabs, you would have been sicker?

I have had zero jabs and I can only assume I have had interacted with Covid countless times, but I never even noticed anything. It's called having a functional immune system.

• Like 2