Democrat Katie Hobbs defeats MAGA favorite Kari Lake in high-stakes race for governor in Arizona

Scott

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Nope the meaning hit me but you must have been ducking when you read my reply.............

Because your reply had nothing to do with the meaning of my rely..........................................

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, EVENKEEL said:

Because your reply had nothing to do with the meaning of my rely..........................................

I told you, you were ducking.....lol

Oh and your comment 

7 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Trump is so over, time for DeSantis.

Trump is doing some more selling but I guess you wont be buying seeing as you prefer Desantis.....lol

9 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

To do what? Unite the country with his "God sent me" shtick and plans to replace democracy with theocracy?

I get those who are not Americans mostly base their views in line with the liberal news and not on feet on the ground experience.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

It's wrong to think that Trump's name keeps liberals going unless you're alluding to the Trump revulsion which also afflicts independents. The dems are ecstatic that Trump announced. That's different to 2015. A lot of Republicans aren't too thrilled either.

Trump will be the easiest to beat.

Definitely. 

Been there done that.

12 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

To do what? Unite the country with his "God sent me" shtick and plans to replace democracy with theocracy?

The right seem to be living under a delusion that they are in fact the silent majority but folks don't like to say so because of fear of the left.

Dare I interrupt this little flight of fantasy to ask for some sort of credible citation to prove your (very very false) assertion that DeSantis wants to replace democracy with theocracy? It is the 2nd such false statement made this morning concerning the GOP having implemented some sort of Christian Sharia law for the USA - the other concerning the Supreme court using some sort of Christian law that supersedes the constitution. Again, while I accept it may be a popular theme of the left it is totally untrue. Moreover, you know it to be false, so why bother with these false claims?

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The right seem to be living under a delusion that they are in fact the silent majority but folks don't like to say so because of fear of the left.

His top issue seems to be to stop drag Queen story hours.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I get those who are not Americans mostly base their views in line with the liberal news and not on feet on the ground experience.

He might play well in god's waiting room but outside of there and a couple of deep red states like Texas who never wanted to be part of America anyway.

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

Trump sells. Nothing else.

Five key takeaways from the 2022 midterm elections

Trump had a bad night

Trump's endorsement was considered essential for Republican contenders in GOP Senate and House primaries across the country. However, in Tuesday's midterms, many of the candidates handpicked by the former president lost their races. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/five-key-takeaways-2022-midterm-elections

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

His top issue seems to be to stop drag Queen story hours.

If you are referring to his heroic efforts to stop predators(of all alphabet and non alphabet persuasions) from preying on young and vulnerable school children, then it is a gross mischaracterization to claim he wants to "stop drag queen story hours". 

No idea why protecting children would cause such a barrage of fake news and histrionics.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

If you are referring to his heroic efforts to stop predators(of all alphabet and non alphabet persuasions) from preying on young and vulnerable school children, then it is a gross mischaracterization to claim he wants to "stop drag queen story hours". 

No idea why protecting children would cause such a barrage of fake news and histrionics.

Aren't there already laws about preying on school children? Do anti woke laws stop this or any form of predation? How?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

It's hard to understand why Lake is doing this.  Elections in AZ are largely run by Republicans.  There were Republicans on the same ticket in AZ who won.  She has zero chance of changing the outcome.  Maybe she thinks that by refusing to accept defeat she won't be labelled a loser.  That didn't work out too well for another loser she's emulating.  

It's not hard.

She's visiting Lard Lago to worship the Biggest Loser. She's his likely running mate. She knows she lost and won't be governor but by playing this fascist game she just might end up president Dangerous lady indeed.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

It's not hard.

She's visiting Lard Lago to worship the Biggest Loser. She's his likely running mate. She knows she lost and won't be governor but by playing this fascist game she just might end up president Dangerous lady indeed.

It's hard to imagine Trump choosing Lake as his running mate.  She appeals to the same people who supports Trump already.  He gains nothing having her on the ticket.  On top of that, she's never won anything.  But Trump is known to adore people who kiss his a-- and lies on his behalf.  So who knows, he might just do it.  It's a dumb move, so it's certainly within the realm of possibility. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Refusing to concede, Kari Lake, the defeated Republican candidate for Arizona governor, said Thursday she is assembling lawyers and collecting evidence of voters having trouble casting ballots on Election Day as she considers her next move.

Lake, who was endorsed by Donald Trump, traveled to the former president’s Mar-a-Lago club in Florida on Thursday, her campaign spokesman told The Associated Press. The Washington Post first reported that she attended a luncheon held by the America First Policy Institute, an advocacy group created by former Trump advisers.

https://apnews.com/article/2022-midterm-elections-arizona-phoenix-government-and-politics-bcea98345ee81ec1b8fa6a5364bc296f?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=TopNews&utm_campaign=position_03

It's clear, based on past history, that Hobbs hasn't got a chance and that she might as well concede to Lake right now. MAGA!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

It's hard to imagine Trump choosing Lake as his running mate.  She appeals to the same people who supports Trump already.  He gains nothing having her on the ticket.  On top of that, she's never won anything.  But Trump is known to adore people who kiss his a-- and lies on his behalf.  So who knows, he might just do it.  It's a dumb move, so it's certainly within the realm of possibility. 

I disagree.

She's a woman and very slick and polished.

He first ran as having no political experience so why should she?

She's a winner if she says her election was rigged.

He already delivered ending Roe vs Wade to evangelicals 

Also at the end of the day it's the top of the ticket that matters.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I disagree.

If I was a gambling man I'd think white male over 50. Rich.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Just found this.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/nov/16/donald-trump-kari-lake-winning-2024-white-house-te/

The moment I heard Lake was flying to Lard 'o Lago I figured Lake will probably be the pick.

Very astute assumption. He might think that she'll win over suburban women who are least likely to vote for him.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I disagree.

I'm not saying it can't happen.  I'm just saying it would be a dumb move.  If he wants a woman on the ticket, there are plenty of others who'd make more sense.  Kristi Noem, Nikki Haley, Elise Stefanik, etc. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

I'm not saying it can't happen.  I'm just saying it would be a dumb move.  If he wants a woman on the ticket, there are plenty of others who'd make more sense.  Kristi Noem, Nikki Haley, Elise Stefanik, etc. 

Nikki Haley wouldn't take it! 

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Nikki Haley wouldn't take it! 

Actually, I don't think Kristi Noem would do it either....

[Noem told The New York Times on Wednesday that she didn't think the former president, who filed paperwork Tuesday for another White House run, offered the "best chance" for the Republican Party in 2024.]

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gov-kristi-noem-says-former-030040380.html

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Kari Lake is Sarah Palin in the persona of a daytime talk show host.  No real issues to speak of, just "we're conservatives and we rule!"  Cheerleaders as opposed to leaders.  Soon Kari will be where she belongs, on Fox News or one of the other right-wing cesspits.  Maybe even RT.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1