Thai man in apparent psychosis causes a scene in Pattaya

snoop1130

147437-696x392.jpg

A Thai man who reportedly has had prior psychiatric issues and was recently in rehab suddenly ran amok and wreaked havoc inside his house in Pattaya last night.

The man clad only in dark leggings was destroying his property inside his house on Soi Paniad Chang in Central Pattaya when the Pattaya police arrived at 6 PM on Tuesday, November 15th.

Ten officers equipped with iron rods and tasers blocked the front gate of the house and tried to verbally calm the unidentified man down but failed. The man, who was in apparent psychosis, then started to go on a rampage and smash things again, forcing the officers to step up their measures by using a taser.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/11/16/thai-man-in-apparent-psychosis-causes-a-scene-in-pattaya-nearly-a-dozen-police-called-to-subdue-him/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-11-16

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

10 minutes ago, Joe Farang said:

Another pathetic instance of the Thai media linking every violent psychosis issue to cannabis.

IMHO the blame for this would be more appropriately laid at the door of the unnamed pal whom the BIB quizzed about the guy's behaviour rather than the TPN. The article includes a disclaimer stating that this particular individual was expressing a personal opinion and not providing a licensed medical diagnosis.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Joe Farang said:

Another pathetic instance of the Thai media linking every violent psychosis issue to cannabis.

The press simply repeated the comments of a friend of the man, and I thought no particular link was 'created'..... What causes your paranoia?

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Joe Farang said:

I wonder if you would state the same if the guy had had alcoholic issues ? I know many men that are violent drunks, so this person could get violent with weed - just as well with alcohol. Anything that brain changes can be linked to violence in my opinion

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Joe Farang said:

This does not say every voilet psychosis issue is linked to cannabis, however, this happened to my Grandson after frequent use of unregulated cannanis and now has to live with recurring periods of psychosis.  Your submissions are as exagerated as the press for over stating issues - perhaps you should get a job with the newspapers?

4 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

His house , his belongings ... does he not have the right to do what he wants with his own stuff ...?

should have left the destruction up to angry girlfriend, as so many farangs have experienced.... within Thai norms of behavior

• Haha 1

I am rarely impressed by cops here but I watched them take down a nut job armed with a machete at Avenue mall maybe a year ago. As this article said that were armed with long metal poles. When I arrived I saw the cops getting ready but I thought the were going to wrangle a big snake or an animal or something which was kind of how they did it. They pinned the guy with these long poles with like a pincer on the end and then cuffed him. I was pretty impressed they did it hard and fast and they were never really in danger. When I walked passes the cuffed nut job he was growling and gnashing his teeth, yabaa psychosis I reckon.

Not a very pleasant story. Psychosis is too complex as a condition to attribute singular causes as being responsible for his behaviour. In all probability cannabis did trigger something, or at the very least upset the balance he was accustomed to but the root of the problem lies in his own character. Drugs don't make you go on the rampage, that's just him.