Elon Musk restores Donald Trump’s Twitter account

Scott

20 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Would that include anyone advocating a protest? 

Depends.  Advocating a protest with incendiary lies about a stolen election and using terms like "fight like hell" could be seen as advocating violence, even if the word "peacefully" is used once.

• Thumbs Up 2

44 minutes ago, heybruce said:

A violent attack on the Capitol of the most powerful, nuclear armed country on the planet while Congress was in session, an attack with the intent of overturning the result of a legitimate democratic election, is definitely high on the list of the worse things to happen to the United States. 

Any patriotic US citizen will tell you that.  Why is it you deny the obvious?

Thats a very over the top description. Any non american will tell you that.

3 hours ago, heybruce said:

BTW:  You also suggested that mail-in voting could not be trusted.  Explain to me how you would commit voter fraud using absentee ballots.  You can't, for the simple reasons that it is difficult, time consuming, risky, and with a very low probability of affecting an election.

Former Stamford Democratic Party Official Sentenced for Absentee Ballot Fraud

Nov 14, 2022 Testimony at the eight-day trial showed that Mallozzi intentionally forged and submitted absentee ballot applications and ballot sets in the names of nearly three dozen people, according to officials.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

No I am not lying ,that is a lie itself 

You are lying in claiming that I am lying .

The poster said that 

"Banning further posts if there's evidence of several or more false/incorrect posts."

Your claim:

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Just pointing out that a poster posted something that was untrue and also posted that anyone who posts untrue content should be banned (in the same post)

My response:

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

"and also posted that anyone who posts untrue content should be banned (in the same post)"

Now you are the one lying, that poster did not say anyone who posts untrue comments should be banned, he said there should be consequences, very different, consequences can mean a range of sanctions such as a fact check flag or a temp suspension. There are numerous fact check flags on Trumps posts especially from 6th Jan where he was constantly lying

Here's another view. Surely society should expect that comments posted on any media should be truthful. And if not, especially when it's obvious the comment is not truthful, there should be consequences.

What the poster actually said rather than your edited version;

image.png.0f69e95b948ed8f8c35d9920add8afda.png

So you claimed the poster said:

"anyone who posts untrue content should be banned (in the same post)"

Is not true as you can clearly see the poster did not say this 

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Your claim:

My response:

What the poster actually said rather than your edited version;

image.png.0f69e95b948ed8f8c35d9920add8afda.png

So you claimed the poster said:

"anyone who posts untrue content should be banned (in the same post)"

Is not true as you can clearly see the poster did not say this 

He posted it in a subsequent post , wait , I will refresh it 

30 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

And to ban further posts , you would need to ban the poster outright 

No you can suspend multiple times as is the twitter policy, 12 hours, 24, whatever. They can also de-rank tweets in twitter search results much as Google does for fake news. Total ban is for more serious offences

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, rabas said:

Former Stamford Democratic Party Official Sentenced for Absentee Ballot Fraud

Nov 14, 2022 Testimony at the eight-day trial showed that Mallozzi intentionally forged and submitted absentee ballot applications and ballot sets in the names of nearly three dozen people, according to officials.

Yes, thank you for proving two of my points:  Fraudulently voting using absentee ballots is risky (he was easily caught) and the small number of attempted votes would not have changed any election, so it was pointless.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

That appears to be your go to defence. That January 6 and BLM protests are the same - both apparently egged on and influenced by senior politicians on both sides. 

How did Trump influence and make January 6 happen? How did Biden influence individual protesters, who went overboard often separate to BLM protests, to do what they did? Not the same. Not comparable. 

i've never done twitter but I'd imagine BLM folks were talking violence online. I've heard politicians use phrases such as fight like hell. 

Who should decide what's acceptable? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That statement above is untrue and therefore a "lie"

Trump was banned from Twitter for inciting violence and not for the reasons stated above 

Trump was banned for inciting violence by repeatedly posting inflammatory lies about the election being stolen.  It is correct to say he was banned for lying; it was these lies that incited violence.

4 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Should never ban people unless they are murderers or so. 

Very dangerous to do so otherwise. 

I see.  You think it would have been wrong for Twitter to ban people like Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc. because while their words lead to the deaths of millions, they didn't personally do any of the killing.

What about them protests hey? What protests? The one 22 months ago. Wow. Great story.

My mother died. So what? What about them protests? You must care about some silly protests. Forget about real issues affecting you. 

Unlike you, I am capable of considering many important issues during the course of the day; putting those not currently under active consideration on the back-burner for later without completely forgetting about them.

Of course I understand why you want people to forget about this violent insurrection:  There's no way to consider it without making Trump coming out a traitorous criminal.

6 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

So Biden should be banned to then. He lies. Ban all liars. Al Gore lies ban him. Obama lies ban him.

Take note of the words "inciting violence by repeatedly posting inflammatory lies".  When has Biden or Gore done that?

Edited by heybruce
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Trump was banned for inciting violence by repeatedly posting inflammatory lies about the election being stolen.  It is correct to say he was banned for lying; it was these lies that incited violence.

No, Trump was banned for make these posts which were considered to be inciting violence 

"The 75,000,000 great American Patriots who voted for me, AMERICA FIRST, and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, will have a GIANT VOICE long into the future. They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!"

In the next, the president tweeted: "To all of those who have asked, I will not be going to the Inauguration on January 20th."

Twitter said this was "being received by a number of his supporters as further confirmation that the election was not legitimate".

Twitter said both of these tweets were "in violation of the Glorification of Violence Policy".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55597840

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Should never ban people unless they are murderers or so. 

Very dangerous to do so otherwise. 

No website/ forum or blog in the world agrees with you. Perhaps hit up the boss of twitter. He's open to sensible suggestions..........oh wait he just said no to Alex Jones lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Gore should be jailed for scientific fraud. Biden is being investigated ocer Ukraine.

What criminal scientific fraud has Gore committed? 

I'm sure the Biden investigation will have the same results as the multiple Benghazi investigations.

Deflecting again.

You post nonsense. Learn about history instead of posting over the top opinions. Obviously dont know the difference between facts and opinions.

https://listverse.com/2014/02/07/10-deadliest-riots-in-history/

Historical riots have nothing to do with this topic.

Trump was banned for posting lies about the election that lead to the Capitol attack.  Try to stick to the topic.

13 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

No, Trump was banned for make these posts which were considered to be inciting violence 

"The 75,000,000 great American Patriots who voted for me, AMERICA FIRST, and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, will have a GIANT VOICE long into the future. They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!"

In the next, the president tweeted: "To all of those who have asked, I will not be going to the Inauguration on January 20th."

Twitter said this was "being received by a number of his supporters as further confirmation that the election was not legitimate".

Twitter said both of these tweets were "in violation of the Glorification of Violence Policy".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55597840

Those were the final straws:

"This was the second time in a week Twitter had taken action against the president’s account. Twitter removed three tweets that promoted conspiracy theories about the election and locked Trump’s account on Wednesday, citing “a risk of violence,” after a violent riot at the Capitol. Trump’s official @POTUS account is still active, but if the company determines he’s using it to evade the ban, it will take action to limit its use, a Twitter spokesperson said in a statement."  https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/twitter-permanently-bans-president-donald-trump-n1253588

• Like 1

On 11/20/2022 at 10:49 AM, ozimoron said:

Hate speech attacks minorities, not individuals. You're confused.

then 6 minutes later you go on and totally redeem yourself. 

On 11/20/2022 at 10:55 AM, ozimoron said:

Willful inability to comprehend the English language.

In common language, “hate speech” refers to offensive discourse targeting a group or an individual based on inherent characteristics (such as race, religion or gender) and that may threaten social peace.

https://www.un.org/en/hate-speech/understanding-hate-speech/what-is-hate-speech

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Furthermore, it's been pointed out to you before that Trump never called for peace until the next day.

I have studied more about what Donald Trump has said than I have studied what Jesus said . 

Really , no exaggeration .

I have spent more of my life talking about what Donald said than I have talking about what Jesus said  

• Love It 1

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

I have studied more about what Donald Trump has said than I have studied what Jesus said . 

Really , no exaggeration .

I have spent more of my life talking about what Donald said than I have talking about what Jesus said  

Source that Trump called for a peaceful demo before or on the day?

• Like 1

Just now, Sparktrader said:

Being honest. You both are in full attack mode. Both hate Trump. Both hate anyone who mildly supports his presence on Twitter.

That's a very negative way to live. Hating someone doesnt poison them. It poisons you. Trump is living rent free in your head.

So much hate.

Trump is an avowed racist. He deserves hate.

19 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

No its just a matter of when and present and future tense. The house is moving to investigate as reported.

But lets not twist things hey.

No it’s a matter of precise use of English when making an accusation.

Your statement was both unequivocal and factually incorrect.

So I agree, let’s not have you twisting things.

• Like 1